Richest Fire Emblem Lord?

Jotari

3 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

"So did the men"... what? I'm a bit confused by what you're saying here.

You were quoting my post about Nyna handing over Archanea to Marth, seemingly implying it's an example of how "Early FE" wasn't "letting female characters exercise political power in their own right", due to how you named it "less iconic duo".

Since for starters, that was Nyna "exercise political power in their own right", since she wasn't forced to, she did it on her own volition. Even if not, you still have the likes of Hardin's brother and Yubello also handing over their Kingdoms to Marth, hence the "so did the men" comment.

Or at least it's the impression it gave me that you wrote that in response to my post.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You were quoting my post about Nyna handing over Archanea to Marth, seemingly implying it's an example of how "Early FE" wasn't "letting female characters exercise political power in their own right", due to how you named it "less iconic duo".

Since for starters, that was Nyna "exercise political power in their own right", since she wasn't forced to, she did it on her own volition. Even if not, you still have the likes of Hardin's brother and Yubello also handing over their Kingdoms to Marth, hence the "so did the men" comment.

Or at least it's the impression it gave me that you wrote that in response to my post.

Yes, that was an accurate impression.

Wasn't Nyna required to marry, in order to rule Archanea? Like, even though she was the only living royal heir, she wasn't able to rule in her own right. She married Hardin, making Hardin king of Archanea - very unlike, say, Queen Elizabeth remaining as queen regnant after marrying Prince Phillip. Or was she actually totally entitled to rule as an unwed Queen Regnant, and Boah was just being a colossal tool?

Conversely, the King of Aurelis is allowed to... y'know, be king. He exercises political power in his own right, and grants his country to Marth only late in life, with no obvious heir.

True point about Yubello, but that raises a question - could Yubello even give Grust to Marth? He was never crowned King of Grust, and to our knowledge, never accepted political authority. Even if he did want to "stand down" from the throne, presumably his sister would be next in line. I don't believe the game ever specifies how, exactly, Grust became folded into the unified Archanea.

Minerva (and possibly Maria, by extension), as well as Sheena, do give their thrones up to Marth. Granted, in their cases, it does appear to be their respective choices. As it was with King Aurelis (albeit much earlier in life). Talys presumably becomes part of it when its King dies, through Caeda's marriage to Marth. Although, I don't believe it's specified whether Caeda could've ruled the country in her own right, and whether it could've stayed independent if she hadn't married Marth.

27 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Yes, that was an accurate impression.

Wasn't Nyna required to marry, in order to rule Archanea? Like, even though she was the only living royal heir, she wasn't able to rule in her own right. She married Hardin, making Hardin king of Archanea - very unlike, say, Queen Elizabeth remaining as queen regnant after marrying Prince Phillip. Or was she actually totally entitled to rule as an unwed Queen Regnant, and Boah was just being a colossal tool?

Best I recall, it was mostly pressure from Boah, who considered it paramount for the royal family survive. Since Nyna was the only survivor. It's possible that if Nyna wasn't pressured to marry, she could just rule as a single Queen. Alternatively, considering Altea's standing compared to Aurelis, Marth may have been the junior partner if Nyna had chosen him instead of Hardin. It also helps that Aurelis was founded by a member of the Archanean royal family, so Hardin and Nyna are distant cousins, so maybe that factored too in that Hardin would have more political power than Nyna. Who knows.

As it stands, we don't know. But it's true that Archanea is less egalitarian in those aspects compared to some of the other nations.

Conversely, the King of Aurelis is allowed to... y'know, be king. He exercises political power in his own right, and grants his country to Marth only late in life, with no obvious heir.

Since Hardin was dead, Nyna was the sole remaining person to exert political power, more so since she's the one who is actually part of the main royal lineage unlike Hardin who married into it as a distant relative, so it's still Nyna doing it on her own right. You don't suddenly have, say, Jeorge, who would've been head of one of Archanea's most powerful/prominent noble houses or his father if he was still alive, telling her what to do.

True point about Yubello, but that raises a question - could Yubello even give Grust to Marth? He was never crowned King of Grust, and to our knowledge, never accepted political authority. Even if he did want to "stand down" from the throne, presumably his sister would be next in line. I don't believe the game ever specifies how, exactly, Grust became folded into the unified Archanea.

Even if not crowned, he's still the heir. Likely anyone else who could've exerted authority over them were just plain gone or deferred to their decision.

I think by the end of the game both siblings just outright did not wanted the throne. Considering what they had to live through in both wars and the fact they're still children, it would've certainly leave a mark on their psyche. Both their endings have them focusing on their magic studies, so it seems they preferred that over wanting to rule.

Minerva (and possibly Maria, by extension), as well as Sheena, do give their thrones up to Marth. Granted, in their cases, it does appear to be their respective choices. As it was with King Aurelis (albeit much earlier in life). Talys presumably becomes part of it when its King dies, through Caeda's marriage to Marth. Although, I don't believe it's specified whether Caeda could've ruled the country in her own right, and whether it could've stayed independent if she hadn't married Marth.

Since Caeda was Mostyn's only child, I'd assume she'd become Queen with no issue in the scenario she hadn't married Marth. That's how Sheena took the throne as well, as Jiol's only child. Not to mention, Talys was founded by Mostyn himself, so if he wants his only daughter to be the one to rule next, then so be it. As for what would be its fate in such a hypothetical... who knows.

Edited by Acacia Sgt