World Map Scuffles

Rider

I uh, have questions regarding the World Map feature FE8 has and the route split in the same game:

A. How can I adjust when does the split happen? Vanilla has it after a double-header of Ch7 and Ch8, while my plan is after Ch12. I would therefore need then to adjust world map events and nodes, of which I lack info on.

B. Can I add more world map nodes? I have 31+ nodes which I can only guess is more than vanilla has. This leads to C which is...

C. How can I customize my own Valni/Ruins? I want to include human classes as well.

D. How do I make certain nodes be bases after you beat the associated chapter? And also move around map shops (referring to the whole trifecta of buyable stores). I'd also like said bases to be a way to build Supports faster.

Edited by Rider
Additional question.

It is basically impossible to add more nodes, and before you run out of nodes you will probably run out of roads which are also similarly difficult to add.

As for the route split, that simply comes down to a regular event. Move that event and you move the route split. For how big the route split is, it's basically just a single flag. If you're on FE Builder you can select which is the next node to progress to on which ever route.

What do you mean by customizing your own ruins? Well whatever you could mean he answer is yes. You can change the units, maps, clear conditions etc.

For turning nodes into bases, the way I would do it, would be to erase the node after beating the chapter and then convert it into a "Tower/Ruins" type node, effectively making it a separate map. Though be careful with this, if a road goes through a tower/ruins node you will automatically enter it.

Edited by Jotari

Hmm, more twists to this thing huh? Ah well. Guess more double-headers ahoy then...

Like say, 8 and 9, every gaiden, 16 and 17 of both routes, and then pretty much all of endgame bar the castle map and the finale.

6 hours ago, Rider said:

Hmm, more twists to this thing huh? Ah well. Guess more double-headers ahoy then...

Like say, 8 and 9, every gaiden, 16 and 17 of both routes, and then pretty much all of endgame bar the castle map and the finale.

Squeezing chapters together that take place at the same location is definitely a way to save nodes and roads.

Is something like TLP's post game possible in Builder? There you get some deadlords you fight against in Finale Phase 1 as well as some NPCs. Make an actual Creature Campaign

Also, can I shift around shops on the World Map? If I cant, I gotta be careful of my nodes...

Edited by Rider

50 minutes ago, Rider said:

Is something like TLP's post game possible in Builder? There you get some deadlords you fight against in Finale Phase 1 as well as some NPCs. Make an actual Creature Campaign

Also, can I shift around shops on the World Map? If I cant, I gotta be careful of my nodes...

I haven't played The Last Promise (that's the game you're referring to, right?), but giving you extra units for creature Campaign is already in the base game in the form of Orson and Ismarie etc. For a more dedicated post game, the technique I used was to open a node when the cutsene plays entering the final chapter (you know when the narration says stuff and puts unit portairs up). You can't exist the chapter once in to visit that node, but after clearing the game that new node opening up is saved, so you can freely go to the new area in Creature Campaign and then recruit or fight anyone you want from that map.

What do you mean by shifting around shops? If you mean having overworld shops that are different to the ones actually visited in the map then yes. If you mean changing what the shops have available as you progress through the game, then probably, but not with FEBuilder, unless you want to delete and reinstall identical nodes only with different shop data. Though that will be pushing it if you're already limited on how many nodes and roads you have.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I haven't played The Last Promise (that's the game you're referring to, right?), but giving you extra units for creature Campaign is already in the base game in the form of Orson and Ismarie etc. For a more dedicated post game, the technique I used was to open a node when the cutsene plays entering the final chapter (you know when the narration says stuff and puts unit portairs up). You can't exist the chapter once in to visit that node, but after clearing the game that new node opening up is saved, so you can freely go to the new area in Creature Campaign and then recruit or fight anyone you want from that map.

What do you mean by shifting around shops? If you mean having overworld shops that are different to the ones actually visited in the map then yes. If you mean changing what the shops have available as you progress through the game, then probably, but not with FEBuilder, unless you want to delete and reinstall identical nodes only with different shop data. Though that will be pushing it if you're already limited on how many nodes and roads you have.

>The Last Promise has a postgame where you have a bigger arena, shops, and 10 challenging maps you have to go through to get people. It has a separate unit set from the story game set.

>By shifting/adding shops around I meant things like moving Serefew's to Zaha Woods or adding a shop at say, Border Mulan.

16 minutes ago, Rider said:

>The Last Promise has a postgame where you have a bigger arena, shops, and 10 challenging maps you have to go through to get people. It has a separate unit set from the story game set.

>By shifting/adding shops around I meant things like moving Serefew's to Zaha Woods or adding a shop at say, Border Mulan.

Oh yeah. Any node can have a shop associated with it. You just need to put in the right pointer to the node in the node menu for FE Builder.

2 hours ago, Rider said:

Pointers? Where exactly? Don't have a lappy and asking all this so I dont have to again. Could I have a demo?

If I have time I'll put up some screenshots tomorrow. But you should join the FEBuilder Discord. The people there are really helpful.

44 minutes ago, Jotari said:

If I have time I'll put up some screenshots tomorrow. But you should join the FEBuilder Discord. The people there are really helpful.

Can't. Unless on a new account. Not gonna say why...its a complicated story I rather not tell.

Thanks for the info so far.

Edited by Rider
Thanks

On 7/19/2023 at 10:02 PM, Jotari said:

Where those screenshots man? Been days since tomorrow already...

13 minutes ago, Rider said:

Thanks a lot. I just have to match pointers per shop and armory, da?

Yes,  that number corresponds to a shop, you just need to put that number on all the nodes that you want to have that shop. Clicking on the text will bring up the list of shops. Of you need more you can hit extend list.

If a node has a Tower/Ruins property then you probably can't utilize shops on them, as stepping on the mode brings you to the map and even selecting the node when your done puts you in again.

Probably explains why Valni and Lagdou are off to the side in vanilla...because that happens.

How do I make any node a base and you have to actively enter it? Is it possible? I'd like to make capitols places you can build supports, train units and what have you. (Reminder to slap in the 1hp upon loss in arena patch)

• 2 months later...