Favorite Pairings in FE4

Arvis4Prez

Claude with someone he can pass his bloody staff onto. I've played the game multiples times and have failed to get him to actually do it because he keeps getting cucked.

Ayra x Dew - Bargain is just an obscenely good skill. No Paragon? No problem! Once these kids hit 20K gold, they can buy the Paragon Band for essentially free. They make great partners to other units, since they accumulate gold. And unlike with Daddy Lex, (promoted) Dew can pass down whichever Swords he feels like to Ulstathachar. Plus, it's not vaguely incestuous, like Chulainn.

Adean x Azelle - Something of a "compromise" pairing. It gives Lana her highest possible Magic stat (great for status staves), as well as Elfire access on promotion. And while he's Lester worst Pursuit Daddy, he's still a Pursuit Daddy, giving him a tolerable perfomance. In any case, I just like seeing Azelle's crush get satisfied. Finally, Adean gets an earlier Rescue staff, even though she can't pass it down.

Lachesis x Alec - Basically me being a needless contrarian. It's essentially the same as the Beowulf pairing, but trading Accost for Nihil. Neither skill is great, but at least the latter never screws you over. Plus, I just prefer Alec to Beowulf as a character. A shame Diarmuid can't inherit his father's turban...

Sylvia x Lex - Seems like the dumbest possible pairing, sure. But Paragon is an excellent skill on both kids, especially if you're going for Rankings. 20 EXP per Dance is awesome for Lene, and Coirpre becomes an ersatz Charlot. Also, I just like the thought of the parents' personalities crossing.

Erinys x Claude - I love sending Erinys up to help out the Bragi bunch in chapter 3, so they can really hit it off. Passing Valkyrie and Fortify down to Ced is awesome (an unrecruited green unit Ced will spam Fortify without burning through uses, it's hilarious). His high Magic and Res helps him hold up through the last couple chapters. Likewise for Fee, who is taking less damage from siege tomes and fighting back with the Light Brand. Finally, bumping her promoted staff rank up to B gives her a ton of new options, beyond just Heal and Return.

Tiltyu x Lewyn - Abandoning his daughter to be abused by the Freeges is a jerk-ass move, but hey, that matches Lewyn's characterization! Getting Forseti from chapter 6 is just ridiculous, with Adept and Critical piling onto Arthur's Wrath. A great batch of combat skills, only obviously missing Pursuit. Tinne gets the same skills, and despite no Forseti, can go on a tear against her fellow Freeges with Elwind. And Adept goes great with the Speed boost from Sety holy blood.

Briggid x Chulainn - Hear me out: Patty with B-Swords and Luna. This gives her the best possible unpromoted combat. While her combat doesn't hugely matter, she can inherit her father's swords - I like passing her a magical sword, for ranged thievery. She oa ks Pursuit to start, but gains it upon promotion, becoming an absolute nightmare with Luna. As for Faval, he's certainly his mother's son. Odo holy blood improves his HP and Skill, at least, so in addition to the Yewfelle, getting him the Killer Bow is a great choice. Finally, the pairing makes for a full family of blondes.