Mythic Hero - Freyr: Dream-King

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Between Dream Deliverer and C Feud and False Start having been useless in Summoner Duels from the start, what even is the point of Elimine existing anymore?

Aether Raids? Summoner Duels S is also an option, even if it results in each player banning the other's Elimine/ Freyr.

...assuming you can even start a Summoner Duels match in the first place, at least.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Between Dream Deliverer and C Feud and False Start having been useless in Summoner Duels from the start, what even is the point of Elimine existing anymore?

Wait you're telling me people still play summoner duels?

Damnit... I was hoping if I ignored it enough, all versions of the mode would just quietly disappear...

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Aether Raids? Summoner Duels S is also an option, even if it results in each player banning the other's Elimine/ Freyr.

...assuming you can even start a Summoner Duels match in the first place, at least.

Oh, my "and" usage was ambiguous there. My bad.

What I had meant was:

Between [Dream Deliverer and C Feud] and [False Start having been useless in Summoner Duels from the start], what even is the point of Elimine existing anymore?

Dream Deliverer nullifies False Start.

C Feud nullifies Elimine's percentage damage reduction. While it isn't as common anymore due to Harmonized Lysithea being less common in favor of newer units that don't have C Feud by default, it's still the optimal C skill for ranged cavalry in Aether Raids.

False Start is useless in Summoner Duels because it activates at the same time as most other start-of-turn effects, which means it only stops start-of-turn HP regeneration because that is the only effect that happens after False Start is applied.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Wait you're telling me people still play summoner duels?

Damnit... I was hoping if I ignored it enough, all versions of the mode would just quietly disappear...

I ended up dropping a rank in both event versions of it last time each one ran because I can't be bothered to actually try anymore. Each match takes too long and is too mentally exhausting when I have better things to be doing with my time.

Elimine still grants Def/Res+6 to allies for 1 turn, and then grant Def/Res+4 and Damage Reduction during combat. Still a decente role. I usually use her alongside Naga to buff all the stats of allies, but Heidr can also buff Atk/Spd too. And having Def/Res buffs increase the damage granted by Heidr's Treachery, which is welcomed.

About Duels... I couldn't care less about it, but I have a friend that wants at least to keep the 5,000 glory they have, so we try to match each other everytime so I can give them a free win. We usually can do it.