Legendary Hero - Alear: Awoken Divinity

Fire Emblem Fan

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

A consequence of not playing with animations on for about four years now I'd wager.

It'd be over six years now, but yes. But based on the YouTube video above, I've still seen a fair few of them happen in trailers but just didn't make the connection that these were special animations only played for killing blows.

Had a hard time beating Alear on Abyssal. I could deal with all the enemies, but there was just no one who seemed to be able to stand up against a round of combat against her. Eventually I settled on Mila to fight her with Alm providing the finishing blow after Mila weared her down enough. But I was frustratingly one hp away from Mila surviving enough attacks to deal the sage needed so Alm wouldn't get attacked. I tried Drive Defense and when that didn't seem to work, spur defense for the one extra point to let her survive. Then I thought she had some kind of null effect so I turned on combat animations to see if the boosts were applying. Finally I had to slap my face and notice Alear deals magical damage X[ Stupid fist dragons (Drive Res one the day).

Edited by Jotari