Rate the Unit 25: Panette

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ngl, it's still better than Great Aether. In general, charge attacks with a 1 turn wait period are seldom worth it. 

The great aether good thing Is that there are effective weapon for knight cavalier and flier as axe. So you can set It up to oneshot reinforcement allowing you to store an action for the next turn. Buy yeah for player phase kill quadruple attack Is better.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Even as a Warrior(which I see hyped up as an actually good class), her performance was still ehhh. I only really appreciated her after she went into Great Knight.

Do You dislike Warrior Panette? Why?

I am new to the forum, so sorry if you already said it.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ngl, it's still better than Great Aether. In general, charge attacks with a 1 turn wait period are seldom worth it. 

On Panette herself: I... don't know what to think, honestly. I see a lot of hype for her, but in my case, she was just... there for most of the run. She contributed, but didn't do anything special. Even as a Warrior(which I see hyped up as an actually good class), her performance was still ehhh. I only really appreciated her after she went into Great Knight.

I agree Great Aether isn't that great tbh. It's mostly getting the attack of regardless of being broken and getting a heal, which is fairly situational compared to losing the ability to crit or double. Laguz Friends is the real thing making the Ike emblem shine imo.

I also think Panette kind of needs a good build to shine. If you're not using Wrath/Vantage on her, or loading her up with some other cool setup she's not going to feel all that amazing.

29 minutes ago, Alogeo said:

The great aether good thing Is that there are effective weapon for knight cavalier and flier as axe. So you can set It up to oneshot reinforcement allowing you to store an action for the next turn. Buy yeah for player phase kill quadruple attack Is better.

Unfortunately, Engage enemies are hella durable. Not only that, most effective weapons suck. Well, Ike's hammer can chunk generals and great knights, but the Poleax would need to be like +4 or something because its base might is pretty poor. The Hurricane Axe is ill suited for most physical units.

10 hours ago, Alogeo said:

If avoid engage, you may as well just learn vantage and use another emblem like ike/sigurd/roy. The whole Leif thing for panette Is that allow her to oneshot both 1 and 2 range enemies thanks to adaptable. And since Leif Is (in my opinion) the less usefull emblem, having a char that sinergize with him Is pretty nice.

My logic is that other units in your army will want to use the likes of Ike and Lyn too.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I agree Great Aether isn't that great tbh. It's mostly getting the attack of regardless of being broken and getting a heal, which is fairly situational compared to losing the ability to crit or double. Laguz Friends is the real thing making the Ike emblem shine imo.

I also think Panette kind of needs a good build to shine. If you're not using Wrath/Vantage on her, or loading her up with some other cool setup she's not going to feel all that amazing.

It's clearly designed for you to crowd a bunch of enemies around Ike and them have him strike all of them at once. And even on Maddening he can actually get tanky enough to survive attacks from sixish enemies. The issue is that Great Aether just...doesn't deal a whole lot of damage. You'd be better off just plunking Ike there and let him spend the turn countering all those enemies. At the very least it should have had the Luna effect like Aether is meant to have.

Edited by Jotari

i do think that Great Aether is a bad skill in general. But it has the feature of proccing after reinforcement:

For example a unit with 4 magic + a magic tonic and a hurricane axe  + 3 (that is pretty cheap) can kill all the 4 flyer reinforcement of chapter 18 and still do another action on the player phase. This is something no other skill can do. It is definetly not game breaking, but it is rather nice.