Every Fire Emblem character without an English name

Jotari

The names of Fire Emblem characters hasn't always been a consistent thing. Back in the day we had fan translations that had some wildly different results from the names characters ended up getting. Choose Your Legends mostly put an end to that by giving an official English (and presumably some other languages) name to every playable character and every major NPC/Villain. But there are still quite a few Fire Emblem characters without English names. And I kind of want to know exactly how many and who they are. I've compiled a list of 152 Fire Emblem characters that appear or are referenced by name that have never been used in English in a game. Though they may have gotten official Romanizations and such (those things aren't reliable). This, unsurprisingly, is mostly a list of minor boss enemies in Mystery of the Emblem, Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776. It's not entirely comprehensive though. I might have missed a few referenced characters. And some of these characters may actually have English names, having been referenced by other characters in Heroes or the Lost Lore events. So if you notice any character that you think might not fit, then speak up. There are also characters that referenced that I might have missed. Like, I've just remembered Hector's cousin whom we thought for ages was his half brother, so that's 153 characters, but I've already made the image so he's not on it (actually, dial it back to 152, I just realized I've accidentally put Erik on there when he, of course, appears in Blazing Blade too).

wM8Qqdo.png

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I fully expect Ring to be renamed to something one letter off when Genealogy gets an official localization.

Ling? Ming? Ting? His name in Japanese is Ringu. So if I were to predict a more namey name for him it would be Ringo, as in Ringo Starr. But that would sound silly in Japanese as Ringo is the word for apple. It'd be almost like naming him after a piece of jewelry in English...

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Ling? Ming? Ting?

I, too, fell into the first letter trap at first when I first determined this. However, you could change the last letter (or any of the other letters) instead.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

His name in Japanese is Ringu. So if I were to predict a more namey name for him it would be Ringo, as in Ringo Starr.

Or add a new letter. Honestly, I'd say Ringo would be perfect if not for it being such a goofy frickin' name still.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I, too, fell into the first letter trap at first when I first determined this. However, you could change the last letter (or any of the other letters) instead.

Or add a new letter. Honestly, I'd say Ringo would be perfect if not for it being such a goofy frickin' name still.

Well, look at him. He's a goofy looking guy.

Portrait_ring_fe04.png

With that haircut he'd fit right in with Paul, John and George. At least, if they keep the same design for him.

• 2 weeks later...

And we slowly get more offical names trickling in. Baraat, in the top right corner of the image above is officially called Baráth now. I wonder how many of these obscure Lost Lore characters and off hand Heroes quotes they'll actually remain faithful to if any of these games ever do receive a translation.