What older games would you love to see remade with current graphics?

Inactive Account

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have new games remade with old graphics, since it's easier, cheaper and takes less time. And anyone who wants to remake Super Metroid deserves to get shot, the game is nearly impossible to improve.

Actually, old style graphics (ie sprites) are much more time consuming and labour intensive than 3D models. The reason why 3D models are used is actually laziness once the technology was available; sprites require a lot of work, love and attention to do which is why many companies shy away from them.

The later Guilty Gear games still have several sprites that were used in GGX (not the original GG as that was lower res so the sprites couldn't be reused). It takes a load to animate them.

I think it might be one of the reasons why FEDS uses the capture CG style.

I'd like Wolfenstein 3d to be remade with the better graphics, maybe more levels with new bosses. Im currently playing that game and it is really fun just like Doom, amazing how you can have a good time with a game FPS that only has 4 weapons with shared ammo.

Another one would be Jet Force Gemini, I never beat that game, and I don't feel like playing it againg because of the control and graphics, it's so hard to get used to the controller again, but if it were remade that'd be awesome.

Yeah well for controls I meant the N64 controller (my bad), the graphics well they are good for N64 but obviously they can be better, and that combined with a controller of this gen (wii would be great) and better camera with new ideas could make this game way better and I would play it again (and beat it if possible)

I would love to see a sequel to Saturday Night Slammasters 2, or even a remake.

That game was awesome, even that in 2 they lost a little os their gameplay personality.

Definitely Final Fantasy 7 because it's the best Final Fantasy games around.

Please for the love of gaming tell me that you're trolling.

I wanna see Chex Quest with new graphics. Shit would be so cash.

I would have to say Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Also, Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask was an interesting game, I really enjoyed it. If both of those games were remade, I believe it would be a sucess.

Final Fantasy VII is very popular, but there are actually quite a few people who consider it trash. Personally, I'm of the opinion that it was a decent game back in 1997.