73 members have voted

1. 1. who will win?

• Ike
    • Marth

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marth and Ike were to battle, who would win?

Are you talking cut scene power or statistical power? Or something else?

Because a tier 3 Ike (at least xx/20/10) obliterates most units in other Fire Emblem games. I think Levin!Sety stands a chance, though I'm not sure. Not having awareness hurts, though.

Ike crushes Marth so thoroughly that it rivals

. At least, with their typical stats near the end of their respective games.

Question: Which Ike are you referring to?

FE9 Ike or FE10 Ike?

Either way, he's still lolbroken against Marth.

Plus he is a lot manlier than Marth. And carries a bigger sword.

Remember kids, Ragnell > Falchion

So it's either Ike, the greatest, most awesome unit to which nearly everything falls in 2 hits, or Marth?

(of course, this assumes that we are not talking about the glorious Super Smash Bros. Brawl, in which case Ike is clearly outmatched by Marth)

Edited by Tatsumaki

Not giving a thought to Brawl... Assuming they are both 20/10 from the first games they appear in (FE9 Ike 20/10, FE1 Marth 30/--)...

Marth Lv30

HP - 44.1

Str - 19.5

Skill - 14.6

Speed - 19.5

Luck - 27.3

Def - 12.8

Res - 0

Ike Lv20/10

HP - 44

Str - 22

Skill - 22

Speed - 24.4

Luck - 15.8

Def - 19.2

Res - 13.2

Yeah, Ike.

The opposite in Marth's origin. In the first game, the Falchion negated anything that wasn't a Manakete/Mamkute attack or indirect attack.

That's a problem.

If we go with Ike in fe10, max his spd and lck (by whatever means necessary) let him have his stars and double earth, I wonder how long it would take for him to die? (Oh, let's give him cancel and a blessed brave sword, too.)

Makes me think of Mia against Zelshera.

Not giving a thought to Brawl... Assuming they are both 20/10 from the first games they appear in (FE9 Ike 20/10, FE1 Marth 30/--)...

Marth Lv30

HP - 44.1

Str - 19.5

Skill - 14.6

Speed - 19.5

Luck - 27.3

Def - 12.8

Res - 0

Ike Lv20/10

HP - 44

Str - 22

Skill - 22

Speed - 24.4

Luck - 15.8

Def - 19.2

Res - 13.2

Yeah, Ike.

That. This poll was TOO obvious, Ike's Def growth is twice's Marth's Def growth, and FE10 has even more Atk power.

The opposite in Marth's origin. In the first game, the Falchion negated anything that wasn't a Manakete/Mamkute attack or indirect attack.

That's a problem.

If we go with Ike in fe10, max his spd and lck (by whatever means necessary) let him have his stars and double earth, I wonder how long it would take for him to die? (Oh, let's give him cancel and a blessed brave sword, too.)

The part of the post I quoted spoke specifically of the 2 weapons.

My response said nothing about whether Ike or Marth is better when taking the 2 versions into account, just that FE1 Falchion >>> Ragnell.

Comparing specific versions of characters =/= Comparing specific versions of weapons. That and the fact that I didn't bother mentioning FE1 Marth (which would be pretty stupid considering when the 2 weapons are around) in my first post should've told you that.

Ike's a broken monstrosity compared to Marth. No doubting or arguing against that.

Edited by Vergil

Sorry, nothing rivals THAT. I mean, Ike doesn't literally turn Marth to dust. Marth's remains, however mangled they might be, would still be there. Oh, and I voted Ike.

That's a problem.

The part of the post I quoted spoke specifically of the 2 weapons.

My response said nothing about whether Ike or Marth is better when taking the 2 versions into account, just that FE1 Falchion >>> Ragnell.

Comparing specific versions of characters =/= Comparing specific versions of weapons. That and the fact that I didn't bother mentioning FE1 Marth (which would be pretty stupid considering when the 2 weapons are around) in my first post should've told you that.

Ike's a broken monstrosity compared to Marth. No doubting or arguing against that.

I guess Ike can actually still win regardless thanks to 2 range. He just has to step back for his attacks. He still doubles, so he should still annihilate. I know you were talking about how the weapons themselves compare. I just thought it would be interesting to see how long Ike would survive if he stood there taking hits and not inflicting any damage back.

Sorry, nothing rivals THAT. I mean, Ike doesn't literally turn Marth to dust. Marth's remains, however mangled they might be, would still be there. Oh, and I voted Ike.

Yeah, I was exaggerating. I just like that video a lot. It's probably more like this.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yeah, that video sure is awesome. Gotta love the Mythbusters.

And as for how Ike survives, he'd have 149 AVO before authority stars. Marth would need to have 40 skill to have any chance of hitting him on worst bio. So yeah, if we're tossing Ike an EarthxEarth support, he literally becomes invincible.

Yeah, that video sure is awesome. Gotta love the Mythbusters.

And as for how Ike survives, he'd have 149 AVO before authority stars. Marth would need to have 40 skill to have any chance of hitting him on worst bio. So yeah, if we're tossing Ike an EarthxEarth support, he literally becomes invincible.

So a fight at 1 range basically just goes on until one of them dies of exhaustion. Fun.