VincentASM

FE10: Radiant Dawn Hacking Notes

I took those unused values and I modified them. IID_BRONZEKNIFE into IID_POISONLANCE

image.thumb.png.ff00ebaf9add3ab176b9b394d91a9593.png

Then, I did the substraction. The IID begin at 15E4. If you subtract it with 20 you have 00 00 15 E4 - 20 = 00 00 15 C4. And same process when I was trying with IID_DELICATESWORD. 15F4 - 20 = 00 00 15 D4. But, when I placed it in the places corresponding to the inventory, it did not work. And I don't know why

I am in the chapter in question, still in the base. So when I do modifications, it appears with no problem. For example, when I place it just before the Vulnerary value, it simply double the hand spear, I don't know why, and when I place the value after the Vulnerary one, it double the vulnerary. But it doesn't add my new item...

12 minutes ago, NobleSang said:

I am in the chapter in question, still in the base. So when I do modifications, it appears with no problem. For example, when I place it just before the Vulnerary value, it simply double the hand spear, I don't know why, and when I place the value after the Vulnerary one, it double the vulnerary. But it doesn't add my new item...

Well, I assume you can only have so many items in your beginning inventory. Maybe it's simply limited to three?

Maybe, I'm still exploring the possibilites. I'll warn you if I find something. For the level of Tauronéo, it get stuck when I put him level 19 or 20. But no problem with level 18...

1 minute ago, NobleSang said:

Maybe, I'm still exploring the possibilites. I'll warn you if I find something. For the level of Tauronéo, it get stuck when I put him level 19 or 20. But no problem with level 18...

Could just be a strange restriction within the game. Not sure why they would have that, but who knows? Sorry I can't test things for you, since I play the game on my console rather than my computer, transferring the game takes too long.

I have a question. The Dark Sage can control Thunder and Dark magic. But for Soren, I want to give him Wind magic instead of Thunder magic. How can I do that ? 

I'm pretty sure the class has to be able to use them. I know you can set weapon levels by character, but I don't think it would work properly if the class couldn't use them.

8 hours ago, NobleSang said:

I have a question. The Dark Sage can control Thunder and Dark magic. But for Soren, I want to give him Wind magic instead of Thunder magic. How can I do that ? 

You only need to assign the Weapon ranks for the base value of the class and the max value of the class. Not the unit in question. Magic is coded so that they all use the same animations. Fire is no different than light or dark. The game crashes when it does not have a base value to hold on to however.

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

You only need to assign the Weapon ranks for the base value of the class and the max value of the class. Not the unit in question. Magic is coded so that they all use the same animations. Fire is no different than light or dark. The game crashes when it does not have a base value to hold on to however.

From what I read I think he means give Soren Wind/Dark while keeping Pelleas with Thunder/Dark. If not, then yeah, just set any magic type on Dark Sage.

No, Pelleas is now a Summoner so he is not involved. ^^

So I have to take the unit class value 

image.thumb.png.9ac65b5198b157be62fffa48e5fbf552.png

And then, spot the pointer relative to his weapon rank. So 

image.thumb.png.b03909fd48537394399d0d3f9959406d.png

But with the ressources of this google doc, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SB0EZSW0u7tHKTgQv-fEJFDxgORcouMdmTTc9lZ0DHk/edit#gid=287982398 I don't know what it correspond to 😕 

Ok, but how can i make the difference between the magics ? 

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.3de87c2cd521120533a26c751a0300f2.png

Did I have to modify the "-------C--B-" ? For example, the first "-" means Sword, the second one, Axe...Etc. and if i want to give him Wind Magic, I just have to know where is the string corresponding to the wind magic and replace it by a letter ? 

Edited by NobleSang

OKAY ! I FINALLY UNDERSTAND !

Thank you very much, I'm truly sorry for my lack of understanding, it's quite difficult to understand everything in english ^^'

EDIT : It didn't work 😢 Maybe because I didn't make a max weapon rank ?

image.thumb.png.8a6e599b9b2372e76787af5722223200.png

Edited by NobleSang

I finally managed to modify the shop ! I'm so happy ! Now, I was wondering if we can add dark spell in the forge ? And if it's possible how can we do that ?