Generic Units Playthrough

Now that is what you call a Fire Emblem War.

This playthrough was pretty epic.

Thanks

Correction: 171 Generics died in Marth's campaign.

Anyways I guess I'll rank the generics for fun.

Utility Only

Curate/Bishop (Only E in tomes and low magic high staff)

High

Pirate/Berserker

Fighter/Warrior

(Despite them being fragile they are the only generics capable of dealing decent damage.)

Mage/Sage (Healing/Chip low speed fragile)

Mid

Knight/General (Wall despite low speed)

Merc/Hero (Balanced stats but really low strength.)

Myrmidon/SM (Speed to not get doubled and double some.)

Failure

Archer/Sniper (Low strength and small chip without forges but has decent speed)

Darkmage/Sorcerer (Healing and Chip low bases)

Pegasus/Dracoknight (Low damage and low bases)

Cavalier/Paladin (Low damage and always doubled.)

Hunter/Horsemen (Low damage even lower bases always doubled)

Is there any difference between being burned, barbecued, and incinerated?The KIA descriptions at the end were awesome. Think you can pull it off on the next harder difficulty?

Burned-Doubled, Barbecued-One shotted, Incinerated-Critted. I don't think I can attempt a Maniac mode run since the difficulty escalates by a large amount, when I finished Maniac on my previous playthrough I struggled a bit on some chapters and enemies are packing forged weapons so I won't be able to do My Unit/Marth solo if all the generics are killed, and thanks.

Edited by Narga_Rocks
This would be an example of where a playlog maker shouldn't have double-posted

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude you totally forgot about Montag there.

Generic units don't have their records shown during the credits since they have no ending.

If you really want to know IIRC.

Montag: 2battles/0wins (He was attacked by demon dragons and lived)

Edited by Generic Officer

I think there should be a special Generic Officer rank for having over 200 allies killed in battle.

Lol

Alright, so I decided to do another run and see how far I can complete in maniac mode using generic units, the only thing different is that I will probably keep Arran and maybe Sirius alive for a couple of chapters if it gets too difficult to finish and I'll be doing a lot more forging in this mode if possible.

Prolouge

Made My Unit as a knight named him Horace. Ended the 5000 funds since some people died.

After
Name                             Class      Lvl   HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Marth                            Lord        8    28  10    0   11   11   11    9   0
Horace                           Knight     11    31  14    2   11   11    9   19   0

Chapter 1

Turns 8

1PM.png

Marth, Arran, and Horace rush toward the castle, the rest are sent to die.

Lawrence-1.png

Lawrence, no longer explodes rather he gets stabbed.

Basically I rushed Marth, Horace, and Arran to the castle while the others distract the bandits. I'm hoping generics get a stat bonus for maniac mode though most likely not.

Before
Name                             Class      Lvl   HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Marth                            Lord        8    28  10    0   11   11   11    9   0
Horace                           Knight     11    31  14    2   11   11    9   19   0

After
Horace                           Knight     12    32  15    2   12   11    9   20   0
Arran                            General     3    32  11    1   10    8    4   17   3

That AK's incredible. What build did you give him?

Past

Farmer's Child 農村の子 - HP+4, growth rate up 10% (8.90 pts)

Present

Heterogeneity 異質さ - STR+1, MAG+1, growth rate up 10% (4.90 pts)

Future

Honour 栄誉者 - SKL, SPD growth rate up 15% (5.85 pts)

Chapter 2

Turns 11

2PM.png

Take the non forest route and and kill the enemies that approaches.

Blandface.png

Generic face boss who can easily cleave a generic in half.

SSCav.png

Like FE3 they give enemies capable of wielding silvers early.

Nothing special to note, just like H1 generics are still 2 rounded but enemies have 4% to crit them now. And non bow generics barley dent the dracoknights and its sort of looking that generics get a minor base bonus for the higher difficulty or it's because I kept Arran alive.

Before
Horace                           Knight     12    32  15    2   12   11    9   20   0
Arran                            General     3    32  11    1   10    8    4   17   3
Eins (New)                       Mage        7    17   0    6    3    4    0    2   3
Zwei (New)                       Myrm        7    19   3    0    9   13    0    4   0
Drei (New)                       Merc        7    19   6    0   10   10    0    6   0
Vier (New)                       Hunter      7    19   8    0    6    7    0    3   0
Funf (New)                       Pegasus     7    19   4    2    6    8    0    6   6
Sechs(New)                       Fighter     7    27  11    0    5    8    0    3   0

After
Marth                            Lord       10    30  11    0   13   12   13   10   0
Horace                           Knight     13    34  15    2   13   11   10   20   0
Sechs                            Fighter     7    27  11    0    5    8    0    3   0
Drei                             Merc        7    19   6    0   10   10    0    6   0

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Name         Class   Chapter        Reason
Funf         Pegasus  2             Was a failure for being critted by a soldier.
Eins         Mage     2             Swarmed by dracoknights.
Vier         Hunter   2             Killed by the generic face boss.
Zwei         Myrm     2             Swarmed by dracoknights.

Chapter 3

Turns 20

3PM.png

So in maniac mode some of the AI change where they only come if they can one round a unit or another unit is pulled. Took the bridge route.

Stacheboss.png

Yeah no generic is going to take out this person.

Reclassed Horace into a hunter to build his bow rank good news is that since I sacrifice Linde the dracoknights came, bad news is that I messed up their links so they swarmed a lot faster than if I pulled the western mountain dracoknights. Since I was swarmed only Arran, Marth, and Horace were left to finish the map and also bought two javelins.

Before
Horace                           Hunter     13    34  15    2   15   17   10   12   0
Sechs                            Fighter     7    27  11    0    5    8    0    3   0
Drei                             Merc        7    19   6    0   10   10    0    6   0
Sieben (New)                     F.Myrm      8    20   6    0    9   16    0    4   0
Acht (New)                       Curate      8    17   0    1    1    6    0    3   7
Neun (New)                       F.Cav       8    21   7    0    2    7    0    8   0

After
Horace                           Hunter     16    37  16    2   16   20   11   13   0
Arran                            General     5    34  12    1   12    8    4   18   3

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Funf         Pegasus  2             Was a failure for being critted by a soldier.
Seiben       F.Myrm   3             Swarmed by dracoknights.
Acht         Curate   3             Failed to do the matrix. (Dodged one attack but died from the second)
Drei         Merc     3             Suicided by weakening a dracoknight and shot by a ballista after.
Sechs        Fighter  3             Failed to hit a draco knight and died after.
Neuen        F.Cav    3             Baited a dracoknight otherwise Marth would've died.

This is what Horace should have been? Cool.

Can you keep a couple of prepromotes alive for, say, four or five chapters? It will make for an interesting comparison, seeing as you've got the character data from your previous run.

This is what Horace should have been? Cool.

Can you keep a couple of prepromotes alive for, say, four or five chapters? It will make for an interesting comparison, seeing as you've got the character data from your previous run.

Yeah I will keep some prepromotes alive for comparison.

Funf Pegasus 2 Was a failure for being critted by a soldier.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Already? Wow.

Also, you sure like to name your MU after other FE characters, don't you?

Edited by Ein Lanford

Generic units don't have their records shown during the credits since they have no ending.

If you really want to know IIRC.

Montag: 2battles/0wins (He was attacked by demon dragons and lived)

Thanks but I pretty much lost sleep in that day where I didn't know what Montag's battle stats were.

Wait a second. If you took the +4 HP bonus, then he'd have 24 HP base and 100% growth. How come yours only had 31 at Lvl 11 then? He should have 34.

EDIT: Your stats don't add up at all, so I'm assuming you just copied them down wrong. For example, "Horace" apparently has 11 Spd as a Knight at 11/0. Yet without any base stat bonuses, My Knight starts with 1. Are you trying to say your Knight got speed on every single levelup with only a 45% growth? I find that hard to believe.

EDIT2: From Level 12 to 13, your Knight gained +2 HP. Yet with the bonuses you listed, he has exactly 100% growth. Something isn't right here.

Edited by Ari Gold

Wait a second. If you took the +4 HP bonus, then he'd have 24 HP base and 100% growth. How come yours only had 31 at Lvl 11 then? He should have 34.

EDIT: Your stats don't add up at all, so I'm assuming you just copied them down wrong. For example, "Horace" apparently has 11 Spd as a Knight at 11/0. Yet without any base stat bonuses, My Knight starts with 1. Are you trying to say your Knight got speed on every single levelup with only a 45% growth? I find that hard to believe.

EDIT2: From Level 12 to 13, your Knight gained +2 HP. Yet with the bonuses you listed, he has exactly 100% growth. Something isn't right here.

Hmm I might've stated the wrong trait for My Unit's past since I don't have a great memory of things.

As for the speed, I just got lucky with the speed level ups since statistically like you said it's not possible to have proc speed for every level with 45% growth.

Chapter 3X

Turns 10

Nothing to state since this map is straightforward just going east generics were being two rounded by the armors and archers. Forgot to update Marth's stats will update it to what he had on the next level.

Before
Horace                           Hunter     16    37  16    2   16   20   11   13   0
Arran                            General     5    34  12    1   12    8    4   18   3
Zehn (New)                       Myrm       10    18   3    0   11   12    0    4   0
Elf (New)                        Pirate     10    27  10    0    2   12    0    4   0
Zwolf(New)                       Pegasus    10    19   4    2    8   10    0    6   6

After
Marth                            Lord       13    33  12    0   14   13   16   11   0
Elf                              Pirate     10    27  10    0    2   12    0    4   0

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Acht         Curate   3             Failed to do the matrix. (Dodged one attack but died from the second)
Drei         Merc     3             Suicided by weakening a dracoknight and shot by a ballista after.
Sechs        Fighter  3             Failed to hit a draco knight and died after.
Neuen        F.Cav    3             Baited a dracoknight otherwise Marth would've died.
Zehn         Myrm     3X            Fail stats.
Zwolf        Pegasus  3X            Fail stats.

I wonder how many failures there will be this time...XD

Probably more, since the Enemies get higher stats/Weapons. XD

I was kinda surprised that in Maniac mode you were still given enemies with Steel weapons on chapter 3.

Chapter 4

Turns 16

4PM.png

Marth goes around while Arran and generics try to reach and block the forts. Didn't happen

Pirate.png

Old screenshot Horace was a fighter but he died so I had to reset and reclassed him. 14 strength pirate and B in axes will definitely cleave generics easily.

Fatdude2.png

Again no generics lived to challenge this person.

Reclass Hoarce into a Cavalier to build swords and for the extra movement. Yumina rescues Horace and he kills the pirates while killing off Yubello, Oguma, and Yumina on the next turn. I love how my generics are 6-7 levels ahead of these bandits and they still struggle, most of my generics died from crits and Arran died because he got critted once and finished off by a bandit next turn I'll have Sirius replace him. I should've made the darkmage into a curate it would've made this a little bit easier.

Before
Marth                            Lord       13    33  12    0   14   13   16   11   0
Horace                           Cavalier   17    38  15    2   15   20   11   18   0
Elf                              Pirate     10    27  10    0    2   12    0    4   0
Montag(New)                      Hunter     12    24   8    0    5    7    0    3   0
Dienstag(New)                    Archer     12    18   6    0    4    7    0    8   0
Mittwoch(New)                    D.Mage     12    16   0    3    4    5    0    4  10
Donnerstag(New)                  Merc       12    23   7    0   12   10    0    6   0
Freitag(New)                     Fighter    12    30  11    0    6    6    0    3   0
Samstag(New)                     Mage       12    19   0    7    4    5    0    2   5

After
Marth                            Lord       15    35  14    0   16   13   17   13   0
Horace                           Cav        18    39  16    2   16   20   12   18   0
Sirius                           Paladin     1    28  12    1   14   13    4   11   6

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Freitag      Fighter  4             Brutally Cleaved in half by a bandit/barbarian crit.
Donnerstag   Merc     4             Ambushed by fort reinforcements.
Samstag      Mage     4             Cleaved in half by a bandit.
Mittwoch     D.Mage   4             Amazing 4 speed.
Elf          Pirate   4             Shot down by a hunter.
Montag       Hunter   4             Brutally cleaved in half by a bandit crit.
Donnerstag   Merc     4             Brutally cleaved in half by a bandit crit.

I wonder how many failures there will be this time...XD

Probably more, since the Enemies get higher stats/Weapons. XD

XD :awesome:

Brutally Cleaved in half by a bandit/barbarian crit.

Owww.

Chapter 5

Turns 17

5PM.png

I decided to go around instead of across the bridge this time.

HeroicBallistadude.png

Even more heroic than H1

Sniper.png

Maniac mode ups the difficulty by adding more enemies like this person.

Elfiremage.png

The most annoying type of enemies in this mode where your people have 0 res, not to mention they are suicidal and comes in groups.

Sold the gold and forged a rapier with +3 MT. Killed all the thieves and went around instead of the bridge wasn't too difficult since I had generics that could bait enemies and not worry about killed generics.

Before
Marth                            Lord       14    35  14    0   16   13   17   13   0
Horace                           Cav        18    39  16    2   16   20   12   18   0
Sirius                           Sniper      1    30  12    1   17   15    4   10   3
Sonntag(New)                     Merc       12    24   6    0   10   10    0    5   0
Januar(New)                      F.Myrm     12    20   7    0   11   15    0    6   0
Februar(New)                     Cleric     12    18   0    2    2    6    0    1  13
Marz(New)                        Cleric     12    18   0    3    1    4    0    1  10
April(New)                       Pirate     12    25   9    0    1   12    0    4   0
Mai(New)                         Hunter     12    24   8    0    6    6    0    4   0
Juni(New)                        Fighter    12    30  11    0    4    9    0    4   0

After
Marth                            Lord       14    35  14    0   16   13   17   13   0
Horace                           Paladin     1    45  20    4   20   21   13   19   6
Sirius                           Sniper      2    31  12    1   18   15    5   11   3
Juni                             Fighter    12    30  11    0    4    9    0    4   0
Sonntag                          Merc       12    24   6    0   10   10    0    5   0
Februar                          Cleric     13    18   0    2    2    7    0    1  14
Marz                             Cleric     13    18   0    3    2    4    0    1  11

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Freitag      Fighter  4             Brutally Cleaved in half by a bandit/barbarian crit.
Januar       F.Myrm   5             Miscalculation on my part.
Mai          Hunter   5             Baited a dracoknight.
April        Pirate   5             Bait

Your generics look like they have better stats than your last playthrough.

So when you get in range of Jeorge's snipers in Maniac they don't attack?

Nope, only on Lunatic.

Edited by DAGRONZZZ

[spoiler='Chapter 6 log (since it's big)]

Chapter 6

Turns 30

6PM-1.png

Go left send Norne and Frey to stall the reinforcements and get the chests.

Twomage-1.png

These guys don't move unless if they can kill someone.

Samto.png

Samto is just as good as a generic. Killed by Sonntag

Lang2.png

Still a threat to generics.

Reclass Horace into a general, had to use Horace a lot for this chapter since the generics are fragile walls and I have received crappy generic pegasus who are more valuable as bait than anything else. Took 30 turns because I have to move Marth to every chest.

Before
Horace                           General     1    51  21    4   18   18   13   26   3
Sirius                           Sniper      2    31  12    1   18   15    5   11   3
Juni                             Fighter    12    30  11    0    4    9    0    4   0
Sonntag                          Merc       12    24   6    0   10   10    0    5   0
Februar                          Cleric     13    18   0    2    2    7    0    1  14
Marz                             Cleric     13    18   0    3    2    4    0    1  11
Juli(New)                        Pegasus    13    19   4    2    6   10    0    7   6
August(New)                      Fighter    13    30  15    0    7    7    0    4   0
September(New)                   Pegasus    13    19   4    2    6    9    0    7   6
Oktober(New)                     Mage       13    16   0    7    4    5    0    2   5

After
Marth                            Lord       16    36  14    0   17   13   18   13   0
Horace                           General     5    56  23    5   32   19   16   28   3
Sirius                           Sniper      3    32  13    1   18   16    6   11   3
Februar                          Cleric     14    18   0    2    2    7    0    1  14
Marz                             Cleric     15    18   0    3    2    5    0    1  11
Oktober                          Mage       13    16   0    7    4    5    0    2   5

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Juli         Pegasus  6             Bait/Incinerated by a mage.
September    Pegasus  6             Fail stats.
August       Fighter  6             Died against the knights in Lang's room.
Juni         Fighter  6             Had a gaping hole in his chest after being critted by a knight.
Sonntag      Merc     6             Failiure

7P.png

Scaryface3.png

Again no generic is going to survive against him.

Chapter 7

Turns 6

Reclass Horace and Sirius into Dracoknights. Did the rescue strategy and managed to kill the master seal thieves, gold bullion thief, and constellation thief. I love how my generic hunters get doubled by the enemy hunters, actually all the new generics I got were doubled by everything except the knights.

Before
Marth                            Lord       16    36  14    0   17   13   18   13   0
Horace                           Dracoknight (forgot to record stat before leaving base.)
Sirius                           Dracoknight (forgot to record stat before leaving base.)
Februar                          Cleric     14    18   0    2    2    7    0    1  14
Marz                             Cleric     15    18   0    3    2    5    0    1  11
Oktober                          Mage       13    16   0    7    4    5    0    2   5
November(New)                    Hunter     14    21   7    0    5    9    0    3   0
Dezember(New)                    Hunter     14    21   8    0    6    8    0    4   0
Eins(New)                        Fighter    14    35  14    0    6    7    0    4   0
Wendell                          Sage        7    26   3    8    5   13    4    5   6

After
Horace                           Dracoknight 7    49  25    5   25   23   17   23   3
Sirius                           Dracoknight 4    29  14    1   15   14    6   15   3
Februar                          Cleric     15    18   0    2    2    7    0    1  14
Oktober                          Mage       14    17   0    7    5    5    0    2   6
November                         Hunter     14    21   7    0    5    9    0    3   0
Dezember                         Hunter     14    21   8    0    6    8    0    4   0
Wendell                          Sage        7    26   3    8    5   13    4    5   6

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Juli         Pegasus  6             Bait/Incinerated by a mage.
September    Pegasus  6             Failure
August       Fighter  6             Died against the knights in Lang's room.
Juni         Fighter  6             Had a gaping hole in his chest after being critted by a knight.
Sonntag      Merc     6             Failure
Marz         Cleric   7             Had her life robbed.
Eins         Fighter  7             Steamrolled by a cavalier.