Generic Units Playthrough

Lang2.png

Still a threat to generics.

KIA List
Name         Class   Chapter        Reason
Juni         Fighter  6             Had a gaping hole in his chest after being critted by a knight.
Sonntag      Merc     6             Failure

@ Lang: And they're still no threat to him.

@ Juni's death: Owwww.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like having Arran at level 5 around meant a +3 increase in level on Chapter 4. In terms of quality, some got slightly better (your Merc, for example), and your Hunter got worse (-2 Speed from last time).

Can you keep one prepromote alive for a while longer? I wouldn't mind a few more data points.

It looks like having Arran at level 5 around meant a +3 increase in level on Chapter 4. In terms of quality, some got slightly better (your Merc, for example), and your Hunter got worse (-2 Speed from last time).

Can you keep one prepromote alive for a while longer? I wouldn't mind a few more data points.

I might keep the prepromotes for the whole game or till I get prepromote generics that out level them.

Chapter 8

Turns 6

8PM.png

The thief moves south east, promoted units and reinforcements from the south swarms in.

GenericGeorge.png

Apparently George has the same stats as a generic sniper in H2.

Revengeofturbandude.png

He gained +4 stats and takes no prisoners.

I killed off all my generics since I know i'll be getting promoted ones next chapter. One of the great thing using generics replaceable people to use as baits so you can finish the map quick. I'll be recruiting the prepromotes but not using them except for maybe Sirius and Minerva since they have a use for endgame as in extra damage against Medeus, or I might kill them off once I get prepromotes that are higher level than the non generic prepromotes.

Before
Name                             Class      Lvl   HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Marth                            Lord       16    36  14    0   17   13   18   13   0
Horace                           Dracoknight 7    57  25    5   23   20   17   28   3
Sirius                           Dracoknight 4    29  14    1   15   14    6   15   3
Februar                          Cleric     15    18   0    2    2    7    0    1  14
Oktober                          Mage       14    17   0    7    5    5    0    2   6
November                         Hunter     14    21   7    0    5    9    0    3   0
Dezember                         Hunter     14    21   8    0    6    8    0    4   0
Zwei(New)                        Myrm       15    20   3    0   10   13    0    5   0
Drei(New)                        Merc       15    23   6    0   11   13    0    6   0
Vier(New)                        Knight     15    23   9    0    5    0    0   18   0
Wendell                          Sage        7    26   3    8    5   13    4    5   6

After
Name                             Class      Lvl   HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Marth                            Lord       17    36  15    0   18   14   19   14   0
Horace                           Dracoknight 9    51  26    5   26   23   19   23   3
Sirius                           Dracoknight 4    29  14    1   15   14    6   15   3
Wendell                          Sage        7    26   3    8    5   13    4    5   6
George                           Sniper      5    32  12    1   14   14    5   13   3

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Funf         Pegasus  2             Was a failure for being critted by a soldier.
Eins         Mage     2             Swarmed by dracoknights.
Vier         Hunter   2             Killed by the generic face boss.
Zwei         Myrm     2             Swarmed by dracoknights.
Seiben       F.Myrm   3             Swarmed by dracoknights.
Acht         Curate   3             Failed to do the matrix. (Dodged one attack but died from the second)
Drei         Merc     3             Suicided by weakening a dracoknight and shot by a ballista after.
Sechs        Fighter  3             Failed to hit a draco knight and died after.
Neuen        F.Cav    3             Baited a dracoknight otherwise Marth would've died.
Zehn         Myrm     3X            Fail stats.
Zwolf        Pegasus  3X            Fail stats.
Freitag      Fighter  4             Brutally Cleaved in half by a bandit/barbarian crit.
Donnerstag   Merc     4             Ambushed by fort reinforcements.
Samstag      Mage     4             Cleaved in half by a bandit.
Mittwoch     D.Mage   4             Amazing 4 speed.
Elf          Pirate   4             Shot down by a hunter.
Montag       Hunter   4             Brutally cleaved in half by a bandit crit.
Donnerstag   Merc     4             Brutally cleaved in half by a bandit crit.
Januar       F.Myrm   5             Miscalculation on my part.
Mai          Hunter   5             Baited a dracoknight.
April        Pirate   5             Bait
Juli         Pegasus  6             Bait/Incinerated by a mage.
September    Pegasus  6             Failure
August       Fighter  6             Died against the knights in Lang's room.
Juni         Fighter  6             Had a gaping hole in his chest after being critted by a knight.
Marz         Cleric   7             Had her life robbed.
Eins         Fighter  7             Steamrolled by a cavalier.
Drei         Merc     8             Killed to damage paladin.
Vier         Knight   8             Amazing 0 speed.
Dezember     Hunter   8             Bait
Oktober      Mage     8             Bait
November     Hunter   8             Had a huge hole in his stomach after getting killer lanced.
Februrar     Cleric   8             Can't fight/bait
Zwei         Myrm     8             Barbequed by a mage.
Drei         Merc     8             Bait

Edited by Generic Officer

I'll be recruiting the prepromotes but not using them except for maybe Sirius and Minerva since they have a use for endgame as in extra damage against Medeus, or I might kill them off once I get prepromotes that are higher level than the non generic prepromotes.

Keep in mind if you intend on having Minerva as your Hauteclere user she will get 1RKO'd by Medeus in the process due to DK speedcaps being 23.

Keep in mind if you intend on having Minerva as your Hauteclere user she will get 1RKO'd by Medeus in the process due to DK speedcaps being 23.

If only Females had access to Berserker. =\

There seems to be a lot more failures this time around.

If only Females had access to Berserker. =\There seems to be a lot more failures this time around.

Anyone can use Hauteclere now (if you didn't know that) I might try to get Horace A Axes to use it, also Sirius and Minerva will be Paritha users that is if I'm going to use them for the whole game.

Anyone can use Hauteclere now (if you didn't know that) I might try to get Horace A Axes to use it, also Sirius and Minerva will be Paritha users that is if I'm going to use them for the whole game.

I know anyone could use Hauteclere, they could in SD, it's just that, Minerva has Auto A axes, she could use the Hauteclere and that weapon rank to better use if she had the Berserker spd cap instead of the crappy DK spd cap.

Edited by Michalis

I know anyone could use Hauteclere, they could in SD, it's just that, Minerva has Auto A axes, she could use the Hauteclere and that weapon rank to better use if she had the Berserker spd cap instead of the crappy DK spd cap.

Oh, for some reason I always thought Hauteclere was for Minerva only in SD, since I don't use axe users much.

9PM.png

Recruit Etzel then have Marth go to the village.

Dracos.png

Fast dracos.

OlddudeM.png

Not any better than his H1 version.

Chapter 9

Turns 11

Reclass Zehn from (F.General-->F.Sniper), and Horace into a Sage to build up tomes. I received promoted generics now, 5 chapters ahead of when I previously had promoted generics. Apparently some of my generics were so slow they get doubled by unpromoted mages and most were doubled by 18 speed dracoknights again since I had generic meatshields this chapter wasn't as hard as a non generic run, used the unlock staff for the chests on the bottom right, gave Marth the boots and recruited Minerva and Etzel.

Before
Marth                            Lord       17    36  15    0   18   14   19   14   0
Horace                           Sage        9    53  20    9   23   20   19   16   5
George                           Sniper      5    32  12    1   14   14    5   13   3
Funf(New)                        Hero        1    28  11    1   15   13    0    8   3
Sechs(New)                       Sorcerer    1    25   2    5    4    5    0    4   8
Sieben(New)                      SM          1    26   9    1   13   16    0    6   3
Acht(New)                        F.Bishop    1    27   1    4    4    7    0    3  14
Neun(New)                        Hero        1    27   9    1   12   12    0    7   3
Zehn(New)                        F.Sniper    1    38   9    1   13    9    0    8   3
Elf (New)                        Berserker   1    32  16    0    2   16    0    6   0

After
Horace                           Sage       10    54  20    9   23   20   19   16   5
Minerva                          Dracoknight 4    32  13    1   12   15   11   16   3
Etzel                            Sorcerer    6    30   2   11   14   12    8   10  12
Acht                             F.Bishop    1    27   1    4    4    7    0    3  14
Elf                              Berserker   1    32  16    0    2   16    0    6   0  

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Funf         Pegasus  2             Was a failure for being critted by a soldier.
Acht         Curate   3             Failed to do the matrix. (Dodged one attack but died from the second)
Drei         Merc     3             Suicided by weakening a dracoknight and shot by a ballista after.
Sechs        Fighter  3             Failed to hit a draco knight and died after.
Neuen        F.Cav    3             Baited a dracoknight otherwise Marth would've died.
Freitag      Fighter  4             Brutally Cleaved in half by a bandit/barbarian crit.
November     Hunter   8             Had a huge hole in his stomach after getting killer lanced.
Funf         Hero     9             Me having mental lapses.
Neun         Hero     9             Baited the dracoknights.
Sechs        Sorcerer 9             Lured a mage.
Zehn         F.Sniper 9             Incinerated by a mage.
Sieben       SM       9             Swarmed by insects.

10PM.png

Instead of waiting if you pull one side the other side comes.

Shavers.png

Annoying enemies with 20% crit and since people lack res it's an instant kill if it crits.

Banzaimage.png

Pull on side the other side comes with 2 mages and kiling edge merc.

Chapter 10

Turns 16

Reclass Dienstag from Horsemen--->Sniper, this map is changed for maniac and lunatic. In maniac the clerics have physics staff so Merric will have to kill Elleran with a crit, added two mages and as stated above both sides swarm at you if you pull one of those mages. Best thing about generics are the bishops, they actually have RES which tanked and pulled the mages even though they deal minor damage and are doubled. Had to restart once because otherwise this chapter isn't tough but rather annoying.

Before
Horace                           Sage       10    54  20    9   23   20   19   16   5
Minerva                          Dracoknight 4    32  13    1   12   15   11   16   3
Etzel                            Sorcerer    6    30   2   11   14   12    8   10  12
Acht                             F.Bishop    1    27   1    4    4    7    0    3  14
Elf                              Berserker   1    32  16    0    2   16    0    6   0  
Zwolf(New)                       Hero        3    36  11    0   13   13    0    8   0
Dienstag(New)                    Sniper      3    34  11    1    9   13    0    8   3
Montag(New)                      F.Bishop    3    23   1    4    7    7    0    3  15

After
Horace                           Sage       12    56  20   10   23   22   20   16   6
Sirius                           Sniper      5    24  13    1   19   16    7   12   3
Minerva                          Sniper      5    37  12    1   16   17   11   14   3
Montag                           F.Bishop    4    23   1    4    7    8    0    3  15

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Zwolf        Hero    10             Heroically baited some mages.
Acht         F.Bishop10             Baited a mage so Sirius could live.
Elf          Berserker10            Became a blood geyser after a killing edge crit.
Dienstag     Sniper   10            Became another blood geyser.

10XP.png

Same plan as my H1 run.

Roro.png

Possible real Roro

RC.png

Roro clone on maniac

Chapter 10

Turns 16

Reclassed Sirius into Horsemen and Minerva into F. Swordmaster. Maybe I should've just killed Horace, anyways this chapter is easy if you don't kill the Roro clones since they spawn more if you kill a Roro clone so you can just move to the three Roros on top unarmed though you'll miss out on experience.

Before
Horace                           Sage       12    56  20   10   23   22   20   16   6
Sirius                           Horsemen    5    24  12    1   17   15    7   11   3
Minerva                          F.SM        5    37  10    1   19   21   11   13   3
Etzel                            Sorcerer    7    31   2   12   15   12    9   10  13
Montag                           F.Bishop    4    23   1    4    7    8    0    3  15
Dice                             Fighter     (Didn't record stats)
Maris                            F.Myrm      (Didn't record stats)

After
Sirius                           Horsemen    5    24  12    1   17   15    7   11   3
Minerva                          F.SM        5    37  10    1   19   21   11   13   3
Etzel                            Sorcerer    7    31   2   12   15   12    9   10  13
Horace                           General     3    34  15    1   11   10    7   17   3

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Elf          Berserker10            Became a blood geyser after a killing edge crit.

11P.png

Same plan as in H1 split into two groups.

Chapter 11

Turns 15

Reclass Donnerstag from Sorcerer to Bishop for Mend usage, forged a dragonpike with +4 MT and bought 3 wyrmslayers and 3 dragonpikes at the secret shop. Forgot to record the reclassed people's stats so I'll just post their afters. Killed off Horace I might kill the other prepromotes except Sirius and Minerva to get room for more generics. The flying dragons in this mode have 19 speed right now and deal 30 damage. They also added another swordmaster near the gate and added more flying dragons.

Before
Horace                           Dracoknight12    54  26    6   26   23   21   23   4
Sirius                           Dracoknight 7    31  15    1   18   15    9   17   4
Minerva                          Dracoknight 5    37  14    1   14   16   13   17   3
Horace                           General     3    34  15    1   11   10    7   17   3
Mittwoch(New)                    F.Bishop    4    23   1    7    7    5    0    3  12
Donnerstag(New)                  Bishop      4    25   1    5    5    7    0    3  12

After
Horace                           Dracoknight13    54  26    6   26   23   21   23   4
Sirius                           Dracoknight 7    31  15    1   18   15    9   17   4
Minerva                          Dracoknight 5    37  14    1   14   16   13   17   3

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Montag       F.Bishop 11            Cleaved by a barbarian.
Donnerstag   Bishop   11            Was a pile of ash after being burnt by a flying dragon.
Mittwoch     F.Bishop 11            Cleaved by a barbarian.           

The generic bishops really wiped out on this one. Two got cleaved by barbarians, and the third was reduced to ashes after a flying dragon cooked him.

12P.png

Same plan as H1.

Blocker.png

This dragon was added to stop people from blocking the forts.

Dragonboss.png

The boss.

Chapter 12

Turns 26

Reclass Horace to berserker to build axe rank, Sirius and Minerva went back to sniper. I deployed my other prepromotes and decided if they die I'm not going to reset or go back to a save point. George died because he got critted, Wendell died because it was either him or Sirius or Minerva, and Etzel died because I moved the generics from the south east forts because I wanted them do something else.

Before
Marth                            Lord       17    36  15    0   18   16   19   14   0
Horace                           Berserker  13    59  27    5   23   27   21   19   1
Sirius                           Sniper      7    35  14    1   21   17    9   14   4
Minerva                          F.Sniper    7    39  13    1   17   18   13   14   3
Freitag(New)                     F.Sage      5    24   3   11    5    7    0    3   6
Samstag(New)                     F.General   5    38  10    1    9    7    0   18   3
Sonntag(New)                     F.General   5    35  11    1    6    4    0   20   3
Januar(New)                      Warrior     5    41  15    0    8   10    0    6   1

After
Marth                            Lord       22    41  18    0   21   20   23   14   0
Horace                           Berserker  13    60  29    5   24   28   22   19   1
Sirius                           Sniper     10    38  15    1   22   20   11   15   4
Minerva                          F.Sniper    8    39  13    1   18   19   14   15   3

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Donnerstag   Bishop   11            Was a pile of ash after being burnt by a flying dragon.
Samstag      F.General12            Tomahawked.
Sonntag      F.General12            Became a huge pile of ash.
Freitag      F.Sage   12            Ambushed by reinforcements.
Januar       Warrior  12            Failed to hit with devil axe.

IS keeps trolling us.

I'm actually surprised that dragon got thrown in on Maniac considering Jeorge's snipers don't even attack you when you're in their range in chapter 5. I knew it wasn't in the original game so when I first got to that chapter I was like "oh, must be Lunatic only".

That makes me wonder if they threw this in on Maniac:

lolfetrolling.png

Edited by Joey

13PM.png

Same plan as H1 except Marth, Horace, Sirius, and Minerva wait at the blue circle. The baits wait at the green circle, green circle moved in when Horace goes for the boss.

Dragonboss2.png

The boss.

Chapter 13

Turns 13

Apparently I didn't get any magic generics and instead received one decent generic (the warrior) and a crappy paladin (reclassed to general) and a crappy dracoknight. I needed more meatshields so I recruited Beck and he was part of the bait group. Horace gains one level from the everyone's condition command in the base prep. Ice dragons still have speed but more Def, Str, Skl, and HP, barbarians have 20 Str and is still carrying weapons from the previous mode. Since I gave Marth the boots I was able to seize the throne quite easily.

Before
Marth                            Lord       22    41  18    0   21   20   23   14   0
Horace                           Berserker  13    60  29    5   24   28   22   19   1
Sirius                           Sniper     10    38  15    1   22   20   11   15   4
Minerva                          F.Sniper    8    39  13    1   18   19   14   15   3
Robert                           Horsemen    3    32  11    1   14   15   12    8   3
Bief                             Cavalier   15    35  14    0   15   12    8   12   3
Leiden                           Cavalier   15    34  12    0   14   15   10   11   1
Februar(New)                     F.General   6    38  10    1    7    4    0   23   3
Marz(New)                        Dracoknight 6    28   9    1    9   12    0   14   3
April(New)                       Horsemen    6    26   9    1    8   10    0    7   3
Mai(New)                         Warrior     6    42  14    0    9    8    0    7   1

After
Marth                            Lord       23    42  18    0   21   21   23   16   0
Horace                           Berserker  17    60  29    5   24   28   22   20   1
Sirius                           Sniper     12    38  15    1   22   21   13   16   4
Minerva                          F.Sniper    9    41  14    1   19   20   15   16   3

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Marz         Dracoknight13          Shattered into pieces by an ice dragon crit.
April        Horsemen   13          FAILURE
Mai          Warrior    13          Shattered into pieces by an ice dragon crit.
Februar      F.General  13          Amazing 4 speed.

13XP.png

Same plan as H1.

KleineM.png

Kleine again.

Chapter 13X

Turns 7

Reclass Sirius and Minerva into SM. I decided not to deploy my mage generics since I might need their healing for the next chapter. Since I didn't have a generic team to deploy this map was easy.

Before
Marth                            Lord       23    42  18    0   21   21   23   16   0
Horace                           Berserker  17    60  29    5   24   28   22   20   1
Sirius                           SM         12    38  13    1   26   25   13   15   4
Minerva                          F. SM       9    39  12    1   22   24   15   15   3
Juli(New)                        F.General   7    35  10    1    7    7    0   17   3
Juni(New)                        F.Sage      7    26   3   11    4    8    0    3   8
August(New)                      Sage        7    27   3   13    5    5    0    3  11

After
Marth                            Lord       24    42  19    0   21   22   24   16   0
Sirius                           SM         12    38  13    1   26   25   13   15   4
Minerva                          F. SM       9    39  12    1   22   24   15   15   3
Juni                             F.Sage      7    26   3   11    4    8    0    3   8
August                           Sage        7    27   3   13    5    5    0    3  11

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Marz         Dracoknight13          Shattered into pieces by an ice dragon crit.
Mai          Warrior    13          Shattered into pieces by an ice dragon crit.
Juli         F.General  13X         Scouted the FOW.

Hey, I'd kill to have 'dragonbait' on my tombstone.

...or die to have that on my tombstone, more accurately.

Edited by Agent Dale Cooper

14PM.png

Place some generics and Chainey on the blue square then fall back to the blue square on the map.

Twodragons.png

They added another dragon next to the thief, the thief is still carrying the warp staff, on lunatic it's a fortify.

Ambush.png

They added more enemies in the throne and Chiki's room.

Flee.png

I fled since the reinforcements were going to swarms.

Averyangrythief.png

Pissed off thief.

Chapter 14

Turns 15

Reclass Sirius and Minerva back into sniper, September from sorcerer to bishop for mend use, Oktober from horsemen to sniper and Eins from F.Paladin into F.SM. Forgot to record Horace's stat before starting. First turn gave a rescue to a generic mage move the mage farther and rescue Horace so he could kill the thief, my generics didn't stand a chance they get doubled by 100% of the map even unpromoted dark mages double my promoted units and most of then died in one round because of crits or they got doubled. I didn't manage to get the sword slayer since I fled but I got the again staff and talisman.

Before
Marth                            Lord       24    42  19    0   21   22   24   16   0
Horace                           General    20    60  27    6   25   21   22   30   7
Sirius                           Sniper     12    38  15    1   22   21   13   16   4
Minerva                          F.Sniper    9    41  14    1   19   20   15   16   3
Juni                             F.Sage      7    26   3   11    4    8    0    3   8
August                           Sage        7    27   3   13    5    5    0    3  11
September(New)                   Bishop      9    24   1    9    8    8    0    3  12
Oktober(New)                     Sniper      9    34  10    1   12   12    0    9   3
November(New)                    Warrior     9    46  15    0   12   10    0    5   1
Dezember(New)                    Paladin     9    31   8    1   10   10    0   10   6
Eins(New)                        F.SM        9    31  11    1   15   16    0    8   3

After
Horace                           General    20    60  27    6   25   21   22   30   7
Minerva                          F.Sniper   10    42  14    1   20   21   15   16   3

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Dezember     Paladin    14          Heroic suicide to lure the dragons.
November     Sniper     14          Bait.
Eins         F.SM       14          Roasted by a dark mage.
August       Sage       14          Tried to tank the mages but was critted.
September    Bishop     14          Became chunks of ice.
Juni         F.Sage     14          Doubled by a dark mage.

15P.png

Same plan as H1.

Notunarmedbishops.png

Defenseless bishops now have Bologone.

Suicidalhorsemen.png

Since they have forged weapons these horsemens will go melee a lot.

FatdudeM.png

Boss, armorslayers won't dent him if used by generics.

Chapter 15

Turns 27

Reclass Zwei (Horsemen-->Sniper), Acht (F.Paladin-->F.General), and Elf (F.Paladin-->F.General). Starting from now enemies have forged weapons and silver weapons. This chapter took 27 turns because after the reinforcements stopped comming I moved the generics out of the four forts and all the way near the bridge that goes to the castle. All the horsemens are carrying swordslayers and armorslayers and they will suicide themselves into melee range even though the person could kill them. Went to the armory and bought more steel bows,lance, and swords, also bought more blizzards, mends, elfire, door keys, and pure water from the shops.

Before
Minerva                          F.Sniper   10    42  14    1   20   21   15   16   3
Zwei (New)                       Sniper      9    36  11    1   12   12    0    9   3
Drei (New)                       F.SM        9    29   6    1   16   18    0    6   3
Vier(New)                        Warrior     9    48  16    0    9   10    0    7   1
Funf(New)                        Bishop      9    28   1    7    6    8    0    3  19
Sechs(New)                       Bishop      9    26   1    7    5   11    0    3  16
Sieben(New)                      F.SM        9    31   9    1   16   20    0    6   3
Acht(New)                        F.General   9    43  12    1    8    5    0   17   3
Neun(New)                        General     9    35   9    1   11    7    0   17   3

After
Marth                            Lord       25    43  19    0   21   23   25   16   0
Sirius                           Sniper     13    40  15    1   24   22   14   16   4
Minerva                          F.Sniper   11    42  14    1   21   22   15   16   3
Funf                             Bishop      9    28   1    7    6    8    0    3  19

[spoiler=KIA list]

KIA List
Dezember     Paladin    14          Heroic suicide to lure the dragons.
November     Sniper     14          Bait.
Eins         F.SM       14          Roasted by a dark mage.
August       Sage       14          Tried to tank against mages but was critted.
September    Bishop     14          Became chunks of ice.
Juni         F.Sage     14          Doubled by a dark mage.
Sechs        Bishop     15          Impaled by a ballista.
Vier         Warrior    15          Lured a sniper to attack him instead.
Neun         General    15          Suicided against a mage.
Zwei         Sniper     15          Sniper bait.
Drei         F.SM       15          Bait.
Acht         F.General  15          Suicided to weaken a mage. 
Seiben       F.SM       15          Ballista bait.