my IMPROVED FE8 hack

FragMaster

basically it's an upgrade to my previous hack. it has major bug changes and i made it harder than the previous hack. i also changed stuff back to normal ( no more civilians ) and i changed some people's classes

the promotion tier is :

aristocrat - lord - secret

cavalier - paladin - secret

soldier - armored guard - secret

thief - rogue - secret

swordsman - hero - secret

myrmidon - sword master - secret

archer - sniper - secret

mage - sage - secret

priest/cleric/monk - bishop - secret

shaman - druid - secret

wyvern rider - wyvern knight - secret

pegasus knight - falcoknight - secret

fighter - warrior - secret

brigand - pirate - secret

journeyman - fighter or brigand

cadet - soldier or cavalier

apprentice - shaman or mage

patch 2 is out

changes :

max level is changed BACK TO 20

FIXED LA'RACHEL

promotion items can be purchased at the map after Eirika chapter 9 and after Ephraim chapter 10

second promotion item can be purchased at map after chapter 14

fixed some minor stuff

the download link is here

i suggest to play hard mode. enjoy biggrin.gif

EDIT: i'm gonna change up some parts of the game to make it more interesting, expect another patch, in about 2 weeks. changing most of the growths and bases and items.

Edited by FragMaster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's better than helping you improve?

Also, I like how you imply there's other kinds of improvements aside from those which are "for the better".

Edited by Obviam

What's better than helping you improve?

He obviously means you shouldn't be spending your time playing his hack in the first place. I mean, since criticism means by definition you have played it and can identify it's faults...

the promotion items are the same i only changed the promotion items for the third tier blink.gif

That means I can only hit tier 2 with Eph in 17. COME ON.

buy the promotion item on chap 19. blink.gif what's wrong with that?

Well, he's level 17 right now, and I'm on 9. If you're going to make 3rd tiers, it'd be better if you made them available earlier.

what??? you can still beat the game with a tier 2 lord. the extra tiers are for valni or ruins. that's why i put the bishops at tier 2

So, third tier is for Valni?

Why would I bother to play, then? I'm not going through the whole game for a feature that's only available for the last two chapters of it and extra mode.

So, third tier is for Valni?

Why would I bother to play, then? I'm not going through the whole game for a feature that's only available for the last two chapters of it and extra mode.

no one's forcing you to play lol.

So you implemented this, posted it, see the constructive criticism, and then say:

no one's forcing you to play lol.

I don't see how anyone's gonna take your hack seriously. At least be open to improvement suggestions!

So you implemented this, posted it, see the constructive criticism, and then say:

I don't see how anyone's gonna take your hack seriously. At least be open to improvement suggestions!

what's so wrong with giving the 2nd promotion in the 19th chapter??? you can still level them up at the ruins that way, not necessarily meaning he has to play it in the extra mode.

what's so wrong with giving the 2nd promotion in the 19th chapter??? you can still level them up at the ruins that way, not necessarily meaning he has to play it in the extra mode.

Because there's all of 2 chapters left in the game, including the endgame.I'm not going to go grind in the ruins for hours on end just for third tier, at that point. Now, if you made it, say, chapter 14-15, it would be more reasonable, IMO.

Because there's all of 2 chapters left in the game, including the endgame.I'm not going to go grind in the ruins for hours on end just for third tier, at that point. Now, if you made it, say, chapter 14-15, it would be more reasonable, IMO.

but it makes more sense for it to be near the final chapter. because, you know, when it's near the end, it's usually when they get stronger? right?

but it makes more sense for it to be near the final chapter. because, you know, when it's near the end, it's usually when they get stronger? right?

Missing the point. It's right at the end of the game, so, the feature is useless. Why would you bother, if you're using it for basically one extended chapter?

Missing the point. It's right at the end of the game, so, the feature is useless. Why would you bother, if you're using it for basically one extended chapter?

hmmm. you're kinda right. where else would the third promotions make sense except for that part? right?

i mean story wise. because it can't be when eph and er reunite. but if you think then it's too late, i guess i could make it chapter 15.

If you want my personal opinion, a third tier system in Sacred Stones is entirely pointless, considering the game is only 22 chapters, decent enough for a second tier system, but no way enough to properly utilize a third; not regarding Valni or Lagdou which are optional and shouldn't be bothered to be put into the equation unless they were forced. You can only gain so much EXP in those 22 chapters and trying to condense a third tier system just may end up with a pretty nasty backlash of balance.

Just my two cents.