So I accidentally killed Amelia...

Because when you have 5 Mov you're very useful.

But you know what? I should have come straight and said it: You should totally reset. If it's for a stat-booster, you should go for it. And since you bothered training Ewan, why not Amelia?

Ewan's WAAAAAAY easier to train than Amelia.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's harsh. With lots of training/abuse, Amelia can eventually become a good Paladin. That's more than Wendy can ever contribute.

They're both bad, though.

I feel like they're pretty similar in stat spread and such. Yea, Amelia has the option of becoming a better class, but Wendy at least joins relatively earlish, has the triangle attack, and some quick/decent supports with people, along with the fact that the chapter after she joins is basically free EXP for weaker units. Amelia.. will eventually promote into a Paladin. That's about all that can be said.

Edited by Silvercrow

I feel like they're pretty similar in stat spread and such. Yea, Amelia has the option of becoming a better class, but Wendy at least joins relatively earlish, has the triangle attack, and some quick/decent supports with people, along with the fact that the chapter after she joins is basically free EXP for weaker units. Amelia.. will eventually promote into a Paladin. That's about all that can be said.

Amelia doesn't join exactly late either (unless you wait until chapter 13...). Also, she actually has decent stats as a cavalier, so she doesn't have to be fed as many kills after she 'promotes'. Also, she can support characters like Franz and Duessel (I'm not sure if those are feasible though, due to either speed or their other options).

However, after 8x Wendy becomes a liability on the Western Isles. Deploying 3 knights for the triangle attack is rarely (if ever) a good idea, and she supports with some pretty bad people.

I'd consider chapter 8/31 earlier than 9/22(?). I feel like FE8 is just way too short without creature campaign to justify her use. She doesn't even get nifty summoning utility like Ewan. Or even res-hitting for that matter.

Edited by Silvercrow

I'd consider chapter 8/31 earlier than 9/22(?). I feel like FE8 is just way too short without creature campaign to justify her use. She doesn't even get nifty summoning utility like Ewan. Or even res-hitting for that matter.

Yeah, Wendy joins a little earlier than Amelia, but that doesn't mean Amelia joins late. Although I agree that FE 8 is simply too short.

You don't generally need more than one Summoner. And Amelia has advantages over Ewan like high movement and superior durability.

• 2 months later...

Amelia as a Paladin? Only if you want to complete the chapter fast. But she loses out on potential that way. Want to get the most out of her? Promote her to General. She just TOTALLY pwns Gilliam. But if promoted to Paladin, Franz pwns her, and thats not a good sign.

Amelia

General

Lv8.46

Hp52

Str18

Skl24

Spd23

Lck25

Def20

Res13

Kinda cool, but why is your Amelia STR so low at lv 8 General? Mine maxed out [27] at lvl 9. My Hp maxed too at lv 8. My Luck was 28.

But cool anws, above average.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Kinda cool, but why is your Amelia STR so low at lv 8 General? Mine maxed out [27] at lvl 9. My Hp maxed too at lv 8. My Luck was 28.

But cool anws, above average.

Cool_story_bro.jpeg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1293382876&Signature=qr%2B2cPjF3O9AeD%2FhVdVYf5psIMo%3D

It's important to know that while your Amelia might have had great stats at that time, the average 20/8 Knight -> General Amelia looks like so.

//8

42 HP

19.25 Str

21 Skl

21 Spd

23.5 Luck

17.5 Def

11.25 Res

Either yours was blessed or you fed her a couple of Energy Rings and she was still blessed. But this doesn't matter since in a normal playthrough, Amelia won't be hitting 20/8 unless you decide to severely shaft some people and turns (why promote Amelia when you could promote Franz or Kyle or even Forde instead).

• 3 weeks later...

INTERJECTION

How is this different from Tower abuse, uh, at all?

Nothing much except that it's more of a challenge to raise her this way. There aren't hardly any Reverants around to make her into a useful character.

Making Amelia a General is a horrible idea, as the only thing she has going for her is Spd and Luck. Grat Knight or Paladin is the way.

Make her a Pallie and nothing else. Her speed gets H4x in this class.

And don't even mention super recruit, SR has the best caps for her, but her piddily con means that she can only use slim lances without AS loss, and forking over 4 body rings is not my idea of efficiency.

That is why that I don't recommend super trainee classes since they all have awful con making them only useful in the CC when you can purchase all of the Body Rings that you want to fix the problem.

Yeah, Wendy joins a little earlier than Amelia, but that doesn't mean Amelia joins late. Although I agree that FE 8 is simply too short.

Not to mention that the only story to have only one game upon which every other 4 stories have either 2, or 3 games.

Amelia as a Paladin? Only if you want to complete the chapter fast. But she loses out on potential that way. Want to get the most out of her? Promote her to General. She just TOTALLY pwns Gilliam. But if promoted to Paladin, Franz pwns her, and thats not a good sign.

Franz is better than her no matter what you do, and whatever you promote Amelia to, she will end up better than Gilliam. What's important is that PaladinAmelia>>>>GeneralAmelia.

Make her a Pallie and nothing else. Her speed gets H4x in this class.

Funny that you mention it, actually, because her speed caps are the same in all classes available to her except super recruit, and on average, she also reaches those caps in any of those classes (again, excluding super recruit).

I normally use her because she's a speed general, who's ever heard of those? She's one of the few speed generals there are out there, along with Gatrie, if you don't care to use her, at last steal her speedwing first

I normally use her because she's a speed general, who's ever heard of those? She's one of the few speed generals there are out there, along with Gatrie, if you don't care to use her, at last steal her speedwing first

Not to mention Meg. ;)

Not to mention Meg. ;)

*Gasp* I forget Meg! How could I when the first time I used her she maxed out all but 2 stats, and those she was a few away from maxing! and I dunno about Doga, he's never been too fast for me, although I will agree he does get a decent 12ish speed

• 4 months later...

So much personal experience arguments going around here. General Amelia sucks, one because she isn't getting there without sacrificing turncounts, and two because the game is ridiculously easy that it doesn't matter if you have overkill stats, ORKO = Overkill ORKO as there is no difference.

how can you "accidentally" kill Amelia?

Eirika's Route. Don't recruit her in the map you get Tana, and she comes back later as an enemy, with suicidal tendancies. She decided to attack Ewan.