AstraLunaSol

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause you know you'll win? :P

Pretty sure my boobs will beat your face paint- *shot*

'CAUSE WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO ENTER, REGARDLESS OF THE CATEGORY ; ~ ;

I just thought mentioning sexy would make people pay attention.

Also, Eclipse, that hair is extremely pillow shaded. Might wanna edit that around.

Edited by seph1212

See, I can't tell the difference between good shading, bad shading, pillow shading, and the shade that Ilyana comes with. If there is something wrong with my stuff (which is almost always the case), you'll need to explain it, and explain it well.

EDIT: I've been staring at my sprite for the past hour, and I still don't see it. Unless I see something amazing in my dreams, what I posted is most likely my entry.

Edited by eclipse

Ok, I'll try and be pretty precise here.

08613b95f75a592389bd6a766cc3351c.png

Percival, Priscilla, Ursula and Marissa

For one Percival's cloak shading isn't one of the better ones.

090e108526e324716b8359a10253bf66.png

Here's a compilation I created roughly rating cloak shading, left being bad, right being good, it's done in 10 columns.

As you can see, Percival's is far left, to further make things worse, it seems you re-sized it on ms-paint leaving the outline incomplete.

NOTE: If you do re-size things on MS-paint, you need to revise the shading and check the outline after you've done so, I prefer to manually crop them in if I'm re-sizing but this isn't for everyone.

Other than the bad shading on the cloak, due to the above factors, the hair shading is plentiful in issues, rather than a nice open space of lightest hair tone to convey the hair, you have small strips, you can see in the example where I've taken a sprite of mine(Fee, green hair) Who has a similar hair style and what I think is quite balanced/nice shading, I've re-coloured the lightest hair tones on both of these portraits red and then removed tthem, you can see how much more red is used in mine, if you do this to priscilla, ursula or Marissa too you will see that this is also the case, you want a nice flowing section of lightest hair tone devoid of strandy lines cutting it off(Only on rare occasions and generally with more complex hairstyles does this not apply)

Have a look at Fee's, ursula's and Priscilla's hair shading and think about using ursula and Priscilla's original shading if you do fix the portrait.

Finally the hair part, you want the part to contain depth, so like Lyon and Fee's try using a bit of darkest hair shade in there too.

Finally, your colours seem very off, the reds are much too saturated for fe6/7 border and the rest of the colours in general don't seem to work that well.

I'd go through and further redline, highlight and point out other issues, but for now I'll leave you with this as i don't know how willing or capable you are of sorting through these main blatant problems first.

Edited by Vampire Elf

Ah, sorry I didn't see that earlier, Vampire Elf! Unfortunately, I have something ELSE I need to do. . .once I do that, I'll go more into detail about what you posted. It looks like what I was asking for, so thank you!