Event Assembler Questions Thread

CT075

i don't remember

iirc the village closing has to be on the exact tile, whereas the destruction has to start on the corner (obviously)

and then one of them has to be closer to the bottom of the list, i forget which

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope

you can try stumbling around the fecafe archives but i don't think anybody's actually recorded notes about it

all i remember from when i did it (i lost my notes so don't ask me) was that the tile changes were read from bottom up, and the first applicable tile change was th eone used

i *believe* that is the one that gets called? iirc it only affects automatic tile changes (villages) and tile changes triggered by coordinates (MACC [XX,YY]). I remember nintenlord did some experimentation that showed that if you have two tile changes with identical coordinates then the one on the bottom of the list gets called

maybe someone who's done this more recently than i have knows more than i do

Edited by CT075

what exactly does the "priority" affect?

It affects whether when you visit a village it becomes destroyed or closed.

TileChanges:
TileMap(0x01, X,  Y, 3, 3,Ruins)
TileMap(0x00, X,  Y, 1, 1,Gate)
TileMapEnd

This is the order I put village changes in. Notice that Ruins is at the top of the list with a different ID number than the gate.

Should the order of ruins and gate be swapped, visiting the village would destroy it instead.

Trial and error works wonders if you're trying to figure something out.

Edited by Primefusion

In FE7 and FE6, the IFET code can be used to execute stuff if an Event ID was used.

In FE8, you use this:

_0x0321 0xY // Y = Event ID to check - is this ID unused?
_SETCONDITION 0xZ 0xC 0x0 // Z = Conditional ID

Edited by Vennobennu

No, I know what the ID allegedly does, I meant in terms of priority (like, does the ruined village have to have a higher ID than the gate?)

Just confirmed that ID doesn't affect priority. Obviously, the ruins need to have a different ID from the gate.

Gonna go edit my post.

I also noticed during testing that if you don't specify there's a village event on the village tile, the tile changes won't trigger when a brigand attacks it. Maybe the game does mark it as visited when attacked?

Well, there's a few chapters in FE8 that trigger a scene if you saved all the villages; and it only activates if all the villages were visited. So, I don't think village razers actually interact with the village Event ID; maybe they check the Tile Change ID to see if they can raze, but that's it. Then again, this might simply be another difference between FE7 and FE8.

Example, from Ch.9A:

_0x0321 0x8 //Checks state of Event ID of first village
_SETCONDITION 0x0 0xC 0x0 //Is Event ID used?
_0x0321 0x9 //Checks state of Event ID of second village
_SETCONDITION 0x0 0xC 0x0
_SETVAL 0x2 0x7 // ??
CALL label35 //Rennac shows up, gives you an Angelic Robe
[Blah blah blah...]
ENIF 0x0 //Skip to here if either conditional check failed
_0x0229 0x71 // Marks chapter as cleared

Alright, so I did some checking and it doesn't seem like Tile IDs/triggers and Event IDs mingle. I tied an AFEV to a village event. Visiting the village triggers the AFEV as you would expect. Destroying the village does not trigger the AFEV.

A work around that comes to mind is an AREA event size 1x1. Use the "Is it the player's phase?" routine to check who's activating it (if it returns false that means it's the enemy's/NPC's turn, meaning they triggered the AREA event, not the player).

Use this thing

IFAT 0x0 0x7A2F1 // can replace 0x0 (false) with 0x1 (true) if you want

but I thought the village being destroyed was linked to some other trigger, id, whatever you call it?

edit: the AREA code doesn't launch any events I link it to, whether it be Player or Enemy activated

Edited by Brendor the Brave