Strawman paints...?

Strawman

Suikoden isn't known for being OMG-hard, so you'll do fine. I think you'll know which background I'm talking about when you get there. . .

• 2 weeks later...

So today I got really bored and went to my room to discover some water color paints. I also found some note cards. In a bizarre turn of events, I went from painting a lonely old man to an FE inspired character who is neither lonely or old.

Please note I'm very inexperienced with water color, and I hardly ever(meaning never) paint people. Its really bad. Also I never do people in armor especially.

[spoiler=Redheaded Paladin/Cavalier]167ko6o.jpg

So far I can tell proportions are way off, the shoulder pads aren't exactly the same shape, and the face is atrocious. Any other comments or critiques would be very helpful.

Also its on a note card so its like waay smaller than that irl.

Edited by Strawman the SawmanShaman

Painting small is hard. Since it's enlarged by. . .dunno how much, it's quite possible that things looked more in-proportion as you were painting it. Try doing something on a larger scale?

Hmm...I don't really have anything larger to paint on. I'm out of canvases and I don't have like a sketchbook or anything. And I don't particularly want to spend money. I'm thinking I'll just try at the small ones and see if I can get any good at them. I've decided I really like the painted look that comes with being a painting on that redhead cavalier guy up there.

• 1 month later...

haha thanks frostbite. You made me remember I had an art topic and the last thing I posted in here was horrid. Time to fix that!!

[spoiler=you know that sundae I posted earlier?]224608_10150231761273338_585613337_8894022_788620_n.jpg

Its made out of poop!

A picture just doesnt do it justice lol.

That looks like pudding. You made me hungry. How dare you!

(in other words, me like)

Yeah...it doesn't really look as much like crap as I wanted it to, but thats because I had 1 week to make 4 paintings...(darn procrastination).

But the stink lines make up for that I think.

Yeah...it doesn't really look as much like crap as I wanted it to, but thats because I had 1 week to make 4 paintings...(darn procrastination).

But the stink lines make up for that I think.

Get some flies to buzz around it.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Oh my, an update. These also aren't paintings, they're drawings. Sorry. Also, be prepared for rather large scans. I dunno why they're always so huge.

scan0005.jpg

Terribad self-portrait. Drew the face way too long and the eyes are derpy.

scan0004.jpg

A rhinoceros. In some grass. Rhino is just pencil. Grass is oil pastels.

scan0001.jpg

Cheesecake. Yum. First drawn in pencil. Looked terribad. Then colored in with oil pastels. Looks eh.

Edited by StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

I think you did a fine job on yourself. . .and I kinda want that rhino as a pet.

Thanks! And I would agree, but it would be kinda dangerous to have a rhino as a pet unfortunately.

Man, self-portraits can be tough. I think you did a good job. And yeah, that rhino was well done. ^_^