Mechanics that you want

Galenforcer

**wants spellcasting classes to feel more distinct from each other instead of can use X type of tome and are all valued based on their staffbotability**

Like maybe playable tome using classes that DON'T get staves on promotion but some other substantial perks...like 8 move flying or armoured mages 8D

Fire_Emblem_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J_-18.png

I tried that before. It wasn't very fun :E

Although, Yurius in Genealogy of Neir was able to fly once he promoted. That was actually pretty tactical. He was a great way to deal with Sniper brigades in the later game. I'd like to see a class like that again.

Edited by Celice

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see those stats, at level 30? That kid was all sorts of suckage D: At end-game, with that Wind tome, he was doing 20 damage. That was like, 0 against everything. Yeah he has nice defense stats and HP, but everything offensive turned to pudding :( I don't know if it was the class or Corple himself who turned out so meh.

I guess I'll make my first post in this thread.

I just want balanced characters, man... That's not happening, is it? Yeah, I didn't think so, either. Now we can arrange stuff by tiers and have super happy fun time debating :D

I don't, because there hasn't been that much advertising of such a feature. When FE8 came out, and FE10, that was one of the key things to mention.

(though it would be so cool if you could switch out the My Unit for the DLC characters <3~)

It's a holdback from the older days when there were only a few haircolors and you didn't have much space for sprites. If you had two blondes they would be hard to tell apart, so they used other colors. People liked it and it stuck.

My idea is to have the magic types each have a unique effect or unique tome type. Like, say... Fire deals the most damage, but not all at once but rather as a DoT. Or maybe fire walls that hurt any unit that passes through or something. Lightning gains the ability to leap from mounted unit to mounted unit, wind can knock back foot soldiers one space, or something...

My idea is to have the magic types each have a unique effect or unique tome type. Like, say... Fire deals the most damage, but not all at once but rather as a DoT. Or maybe fire walls that hurt any unit that passes through or something. Lightning gains the ability to leap from mounted unit to mounted unit, wind can knock back foot soldiers one space, or something...

All the ideas are interesting, and I agree that there should be more unique abilities etc. but most of the ideas seem like they wouldn't accomplish much. Except the lightning one and fire wall, which have the potential to suck or be overpowered. Not to hate on the ideas, just my thoughts.

^^Hmm... status tomes?

Bow that is effective vs. armors and one that is effective against horses~

Defense penetration sword, lance and axe?

Double-edged weapons? Why not weapon(s) that hurts user and enemy?

Magic dmg dealing ballistae?

Brave Dagger. (if there's daggers and knives in the first place)

Breakable doors and chests!

Tomes that causes huge explosion or something does also dmg to adjacent units.

I would have wanted a lord character who doesn't have blue hair and doesn't use swords.

"Special" promotion scrolls, only one for each promotion.

Like... Archer -> Longbowman (+Attack range), Mercenary -> Cross Knight (+Light), Fighter -> Executioner (+Lethality xD)

Oh dear god... :facepalm:

Edited by Serene Flight

TRS has some area effect magic, as well as a ridiculously powerful defense-piercing sword. And an awesome bow lord.

When you mentioned the breakable doors, were you just saying you want them to return from FE9/10?

So staves are to be used on teammates, right? What if... you could use staves on enemy units? Like one that lowers their defense or something?

Also, I liked the shove mechanic in FE9/10; maybe that could appear as well?

It's a holdback from the older days when there were only a few haircolors and you didn't have much space for sprites. If you had two blondes they would be hard to tell apart, so they used other colors. People liked it and it stuck.

Noooooooot really

ec7f2.png

Every one of these colors were viable for hair color. If the graphics designers had gone for black backgrounds in the portraits, they could have had a little more freedom with the color scheme too (black and the background color effectively took 2/4 available palette slots, though, sprites were made up, usually, of at least two separate palette slots (up to four). So that's still, at the very least, up to eight colors available to use on any one portrait.

Rather, this game just wasn't very efficient in a lot of things graphically.

SHI- I totally forgot that they had them :o:

Maybe I should play some FE again xD

Or play TRS/BS.

Breakable doors weren't too common in FE9/10 (and BS for that matter), so forgetting makes sense.

Breakable chests would be pretty lame, thieves are obsolete as it is without giving us more ways to do without them.

This is true.