Did Roy have some Oedipus Complex? (possible spoiler)

Apollocles

I just noticed that Eliwood have the same possible couples than Roy.

So, Did Roy have some Oedipus Complex. Let's see that.

Eliwood possible mate: Ninian, Lyn, Fiora

Roy possible mate: Thany, Sue, Lilina, Lalum, Cecilia, Sophia.

1-Cecilia is Lilina and Roy teacher and above she is a motherly figure for them...

2-Sue is a Sacaen nomade noble (chief grand-daughter), like Lyn.

3-Thany is a Pegasus Knight for Illia, like Fiora.

4-Lalum is a Dancer like Ninian (by the way it's said than Eliwood's mother is an excellent dancer too... double Oedipus!)

5-Sophia is an half dragon, and Ninian too!

6-Lilina is the best choise? Not so sure since Roy and Lilina should be 1st degree cousins!

What do you think about it?

Edited by Apollocles

I don't believe it's Oedipus complex when you have the same taste as your father when it comes to women, is it?

either way, I go by either EliwoodxFiora or EliwoodxNinian, HectorxLyn or HectorxFlorina and LynxHector or LynxRath. EliwoodxLyn does not exist to me.

and RoyxLilina is the ONLY true pairing IMO

I don't believe it's Oedipus complex when you have the same taste as your father when it comes to women, is it?

It's not, which makes this entire post bogus.

I wouldn't say Roy has an Oedipus complex, but it should be noted that Roy's mother died while he was still young. It's possible this loss caused him to unknowingly seek out women who reminded him of his mother.

Because FE in general has option for main hero pairings, it is a reason there's so much distribution for shipping (lol. wow it could work for either "shipping" you choose to take it as. YAY BAD PUNS)

But anyways, you WOULD PROBABLY BE ABLE TO GUESS WHICH PAIRING I SUPPORT FOR ELIWOOD.

But yes, Lyn x Eliwood doesn't exist for me because Lilina's B support with Marcus implies that the flower Roy's mother loves is from Ilia. Lyn, I would imagine, would like and yearn for a flower from Sacae. EVEN though the possibility exists she'd like a flower from Ilia, it just seems unlikely.

As for Roy's mother dying early on, Fiora wouldn't seem the type for that. If you get Ninian's support with Eliwood ending, it states that she'll live a much shorter life since she was used to the other side of the dragon's gate. However, I still respect the Fiora setting more than Lyn... even though Roy x Lilina could possibly make it first cousin incest.

So, that pretty much constitutes my argument for pairings.

NOW, for the on-topic portion:

As people have said, choosing a woman that reminds them of their mother doesn't imply any kind of Oedipus Complex. I would imagine they're just merely looking for the qualities that remind them of their good mother, or something like that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Obviously Roy and Lilina are half siblings because lyn is option for their mother

Can't obtain Lyn/Hector A and Lyn/Eliwood A on the same playthrough. Unless one of them was conceived out of wedlock in some crazy Lord threesome or something.

How is this a case of incest at all? Does thinking highly of your brother mean you want to fuck them?

I was thinking the same thing, actually. Clarine's behavior toward Klein seemed more like older sibling worship than anything incestuous, and Klein certainly didn't show any romantic feelings for his sister.

In the same way that talking to a person means you want to fuck them, yeah. But when you get to that point, literally every sibling pair wants to fuck then.

edit: @Celice

Edited by Momo

Can't obtain Lyn/Hector A and Lyn/Eliwood A on the same playthrough. Unless one of them was conceived out of wedlock in some crazy Lord threesome or something.

So where's the problem?

So where's the problem?

\

Maybe the fact that Roy and Lilina don't mention that they're half-siblings. Of course, the one born out of wedlock might not have their true parentage revealed anyway because that would be a pretty big political scandal. Actually that sounds pretty interesting, and it doesn't even stop RoyxLilina because FE likes incest.

If anything, the only thing mentioned regarding any possible relation between Roy and Lilina (canon-wise, that is) is Roland as a shared ancestor. Other than that...

Edited by Acacia Sgt