• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

It was cool, but I knew of how to trivialize him thanks to a post I remembered seeing a long time ago.

Like, holding the central chokepoints and stacking charisma/support bonuses so your dodgy units become effectively unkillable.

yeah, just I always find this old meme funny

0d58b72f77.png

specifically because why would you even bother with armored units on the left side checkpoint - fucking dalshin?

when you playing tearring saga? :^)

i tried to play fe5 once it was pretty fun until i got to like chapter 5 and then it wasn't fun and i stopped

maybe if i used save states more i'd like it

34 minutes ago, Nobody said:

it's great

How can you say that about FE5, yet think FE10 is terrible

Almost everyone else in the FE fandom who hates FE10 finds FE5 even worse for him/her

Or just like FE10 and hate FE5

Or tolerate/like/love both

8 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

0d58b72f77.png

specifically because why would you even bother with armored units on the left side checkpoint - fucking dalshin?

tbf this is still a really overrated chapter that isn't nearly as well-designed as Thracia fanboys say it is

You know what would've made it worse? If no enemy was allowed to enter the city or else Game Over. Not just seizing the castle.

Actually, that chapter was kinda cool...

Didn't even know people "overrated" it, or the game for that matter. I thought, like, 10 people liked Thracia

Actually, that chapter was kinda cool...

Didn't even know people "overrated" it, or the game for that matter. I thought, like, 10 people liked Thracia

Actually, not just Traccia. "Defend an Area" as an objective in general is like... ugh, to me. SRW can attest to that...

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know what would've made it worse? If no enemy was allowed to enter the city or else Game Over. Not just seizing the castle.

My goodness that would've been horrible, and yet, at the same time the thought at what could've been excites me...

Oh dear..

24 minutes ago, BLSoldier said:

How can you say that about FE5, yet think FE10 is terrible

Almost everyone else in the FE fandom who hates FE10 finds FE5 even worse for him/her

Or just like FE10 and hate FE5

Or tolerate/like/love both

it's simple

FE10 is trash, FE5 is good

But seriously, I think Radiant Dawn has absolutely horrible chapters. Part 1 is the only good part of the game, and even then it has One Survives, which is an awful, gimmicky chapter.

Part 2 is literally the worst shit in fire emblem. Geoffrey's Charge is literal torture, being everything bad a Fire Emblem map can be: Slow, Easy, Trivial, and, again, SLOW AS FUCK. Elincia's Gambit is the only decent chapter in Part 2, and even then it's a simple kill boss one, easily two turned by Elincia and Haar.

Part 3 is just there. The GM chapters are all pretty trivial and there's nothing special about them. The DB chapters are a bit better, but there are some that are a drag, such as the kill XX enemies cliff one. From Pain Awakening is absolutely awful, and just like Awakening's late game maps: No map design whatsoever, just a bunch of enemies you have to kill lazily spread through the map. It's even worse than Awakening's maps, though, due to the fact that FE10 has an absolutely awful slow engine, and there are also lots of green/yellow units whose phase makes the game even slower.

Part 4 is a boring route fest.

TLDR: FE10 sucks because it has bad maps, an abolutely awful slow engine (game killer) and lots of green/yellow units whose presence only make the game even slower than it already is.

Meanwhile, Thracia has fantastic maps, and also a better engine. I like most stuff people usually see as "gimmicks" in Thracia, such as fatigue and dismounting.

In fact, I don't see ANY similarity in RD and Thracia other than what you'd expect from two Fire Emblem games.

43 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I know, right? That image makes it look way more troublesome than it is. In fact, why use armor units at all?

IDK, I still have to find an ISO, and I don't really feel like playing it right now.

11 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Do what now? Slow how

The enemy phases take too long, your units moving take too long, text takes too long to appear and there's a delay between actions. The game as a whole is just very slow

Edited by Nobody

Path of Radiance was bad for enemy turns too

it made an ike solo pretty boring

32 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I know, right? That image makes it look way more troublesome than it is. In fact, why use armor units at all?

IDK, I still have to find an ISO, and I don't really feel like playing it right now.

you think they could at least make armours have better bases to encourage using them... dalshin is so bleh

at least oswin can do things

tearring saga iso isn't so hard to find, it's just sort of annoying to patch - like 15 minutes of your time but still

i'd describe it as a hybrid of FE2 and FE5

Edited by Tryhard