The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

I started the adventure mode of Smash Ultimate and was confused that Zelda actually talked, even in human language.

Did I miss something?

I never ever saw Link or Zelda talking, at least not in a language humans understand.

Not sure about it since I never played that game, but I think Zelda talks in Breath of the Wild.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not sure about it since I never played that game, but I think Zelda talks in Breath of the Wild.

Not only does she speak, but it's in a British accent...and she's kind of a tsundere to start out with.

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Actually I know this term from FGO, but if my memories weren't wrong it had to deal with merging an unit and not being a stat.

in FGO merging a unit makes you upgrade their NP.

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

.. Wow... she really talked.

I can't imagine it has been a thing forever.

...Zelda's always been able to talk.

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

... Wow... she really talked.

I can't imagine it has been a thing forever.

Also I like listening to British English more honestly.

Have you played Breath of the Wild? There's a reason given in the story as to why she's like that.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Have you played Breath of the Wild? There's a reason given in the story as to why she's like that.

No.

I only played Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds, and only completed latter.

...Zelda's always been able to talk.

In human language?

Tell me, when she does it in OoT.

Edited by Falcom Knight

I'm no Zelda person either because 3D adventure games with puzzles would overwhelm me. I could only beat A Link Between Worlds with tons of support. Actually I played three games. Also Skyward Sword which I dropped after an hour because it was impossible to wield the sword with the Wii-mote. It didn't support the classic controller for some reason.

Edited by Falcom Knight

5 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

In human language?

Tell me, when she does it in OoT.

What do you mean by "human language"?

She wasn't fully voice-acted until Breath of the Wild but she has always talked.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Words you and me understand.

Then yeah, she talked? Everyone did. Hell, in Wind Waker, even Link talked by saying "come on" whenever he needed someone to follow him.

But again, the series didn't get full voice acting until Breath of the Wild.

Spoiler

In BotW, Zelda is the bearer of the divine power of Hylia, and is expected to access that power to defeat Calamity Ganon. Throughout her childhood and into the game's present time, she was pressured and berated by her father, King Rhoam, to pray fervently to have access to her inherited power, causing her to feel inadequate and unloved because she failed repeatedly to accomplish this. Around the time she was seventeen, Zelda was assigned a knight attendant, Link, who in contrast to her failures had already pulled the Master Sword from its pedestal, unlocking the key to his destiny. Over time, because Link remained silent, Zelda resented him more and more because she thought him to be arrogant about his status as Hero of Hyrule. In actuality, Link was repressing his emotions to help him bear the heavy burden fate had given him. That resentment led to the memory shown above. However, once they started to open up to each other, Link and Zelda became very close friends, even to the extent of Zelda developing romantic feelings for Link.

The reason why Zelda is like she is in the video is given in the spoiler tags above for those who still don't want it spolied, even though its been three years since the game has been released.

Her depiction in BotW is actually one of the most relatable portrayals of her character in all the Zelda games. She's less a damsel in distress as much as she is a partner to Link in his journey across Hyrule.

16 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I'm no Zelda person either because 3D adventure games with puzzles would overwhelm me. I could only beat A Link Between Worlds with tons of support. Actually I played three games. Also Skyward Sword which I dropped after an hour because it was impossible to wield the sword with the Wii-mote. It didn't support the classic controller for some reason.

I played a tiny bit of Twilight Princess at a friend's house a while ago and got pretty bored with it after a while. World looked kind of nice, but that was pretty much it.

I did like Hyrule Warriors on 3DS, though. Except for the large monster fights. Those were absolute garbo.

13 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

People can praise these games as the best game for their console, but even if it's the case, I wouldn't play them because they don't meet my favors. I have no interest in BOTW, even if it might be a masterpiece.

Same here.
Same goes for Mario, Pokémon, and Smash, too. Though the latter two are a case of me just completely losing interest in their respective franchises.
With Zelda and to a lesser extent Mario, it was me never being that interested in the first place.

Edited by DragonFlames

12 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Also Skyward Sword which I dropped after an hour because it was impossible to wield the sword with the Wii-mote.

That's one of the biggest reasons why people still dislike Skyward Sword to this day, along with the fact that it was very linear and not the most innovative for the series.

Honestly at least Brawl was a phenomenal game for me. Besides Radiant Dawn the reason to keep my Wii. 

Mario was fun in my childhood.

As for Pokémon... I don't want to speak further... otherwise I will have a lot of haters in this forum.

Spoiler

Probably my most hated thing in gaming, not gonna lie. It was just a money making machine when it come out in the late 90s. Everyone at school collected these cards except me. Since that I have a huge despise to this series, especially Pikachu.

That's one of the biggest reasons why people still dislike Skyward Sword to this day, along with the fact that it was very linear and not the most innovative for the series.

It was very aesthetics, but for a newcomer as I was, it wasn't managable with these controls.

Edited by Falcom Knight

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I played a tiny bit of Twilight Princess at a friend's house a while ago and got pretty bored with it after a while. World looked kind of nice, but that was pretty much it.

Twilight Princess takes a long time to get going. It arguably has the worst start in any Zelda game. I don't blame you for getting bored.

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

As for Pokémon... I don't want to speak further... otherwise I will have a lot of haters in this forum.

I have never actually played a Pokemon game. Never had it as a kid, never got into it when I was older. Isn't it basically just a glorified RPG?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Twilight Princess takes a long time to get going. It arguably has the worst start in any Zelda game. I don't blame you for getting bored.

About a 6-7 hour introduction, yeah. Goat herding, fish catching, and slingshotting until you actually get the wooden sword, and even then it's pretty uninteresting.

Edited by twilitfalchion

17 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Honestly at least Brawl was a phenomenal game for me. Besides Radiant Dawn the reason to keep my Wii.

Yeah, Brawl was awesome, I agree.
Smash 4 was a disappointment to me, and from what I've played of Ultimate, it didn't really get much better from Smash 4, so I have no desire to buy that game, either.

17 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Reveal hidden contents

Probably my most hated thing in gaming, not gonna lie. It was just a money making machine when it come out in the late 90s. Everyone at school collected these cards except me. Since that I have a huge despise to this series, especially Pikachu.

Honestly? I don't blame you for thinking like this.
While Pokémon helped me a lot through my troubled childhood, my opinion on it has gotten worse and worse and worse over the years. The garbage community it has has only amplified that feeling.
And then the 7th Generation came along and just killed all interest I had.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well just my luck, ain't it? I got to play the one Zelda game that had the worst start. Yay!
Well, it is E-rank, so that's to be expected, I guess. XD

All jokes aside, I have since seen gameplay of other Zelda games (due to that same friend who let me play Twilight Princess), and they didn't really do much to get me invested, either.

Edited by DragonFlames