Best/Worst in the Series: Round 130

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Rutger. I think a bag of bricks is more interesting than the guy, and would rather have a bag of bricks on my team, but you cannot deny his superbness.

Worst: Karla. Yeah.

But how would you determine who is included in a Navarre archetype?

Myrmidons that join relatively early, carry a Killing Edge and are recruited from the enemy. So it would be:

Nabarl

Samto

Ira (iffy since FE4 does not have Killing Edges)

Shiva

Rutger

Guy

Joshua

Zihark

Myrmidons that join relatively early, carry a Killing Edge and are recruited from the enemy. So it would be:

Nabarl

Samto

Ira (iffy since FE4 does not have Killing Edges)

Shiva

Rutger

Guy

Joshua

Zihark

I would disagree that that constitutes an archetype. Furthermore, I would argue that Samto, Ayra, Guy, Joshua, and perhaps Zihark also are not Navarres, and that Marisa, Jaffar, and maybe FE7 Karel are.

This is probably gonna be the next round anyway but nomination: Most/Least Useful Unit in Drafts - Lords and free units not included

I would disagree that that constitutes an archetype.

You can agree and disagree all you like, I don't really care.

Furthermore, I would argue that Samto, Ayra, Guy, Joshua, and perhaps Zihark also are not Navarres,

What of the requirements that I posted do Samto, Guy, Joshua, and Zihark not fulfill? They all appear relatively early, being each the first or second Myrmidon you acquire. They all carry Killing Edges. They are all initially enemies and are recruited by having another unit talk to them.

and that Marisa, Jaffar, and maybe FE7 Karel are.

Jaffar and Karel are not Myrmidons. Karel and Marisa do not carry Killing Edges and exist in a game where Killing Edges exist. Karel and Jaffar do not start off as enemies in their respective maps, and Marisa, unlike Nabarl, does not need to be spoken to in order to recruit her. They also all join in the second half of their games.

I would disagree that that constitutes an archetype. Furthermore, I would argue that Samto, Ayra, Guy, Joshua, and perhaps Zihark also are not Navarres, and that Marisa, Jaffar, and maybe FE7 Karel are.

You must be clinically retarded. Samto, Guy, Joshua, and Zihark all carry Killing Edges and start off as enemies which is what a Navarre is. Jaffar and Karel start out as NPCs, with Jaffar being an assassin. They also come in the lategame, so they're not Navarres.

Edited by Dark Sage

yeah, I mean, Jaffar is a lot more like Navarre than Joshua. If you ignore every single quality of his (Including class, join time, starting weapons, recruitment method, stats, role within your army, etc.) except that he doesn't like to talk, I could totally see it.

yeah, I mean, Jaffar is a lot more like Navarre than Joshua. If you ignore every single quality of his (Including class, join time, starting weapons, recruitment method, stats, role within your army, etc.) except that he doesn't like to talk, I could totally see it.

Gameplay elements have no bearing on archetypes.

So yes, I do exclude class, join time, starting weapons, recruitment method, stats, and role within your army as things which indicate whether someone is a Navarre or not. Instead I look at the idea of a dangerous killer working for the enemy, well-known to the point of having a nickname (Scarlet Swordsman, Crimson Flash, Angel of Death, Sword Saint), who is reserved, quiet, and brooding, and who has a hidden sense of honor which causes him to defect to your side.

Joshua only really fulfills the "hidden sense of honor". He isn't even known as a dangerous killer; generic soldiers in Chapter 5 bark at him and call him a common sellsword (plus he loses at the arena, what a fool).

Gameplay elements have no bearing on archetypes.

So yes, I do exclude class, join time, starting weapons, recruitment method, stats, and role within your army as things which indicate whether someone is a Navarre or not. Instead I look at the idea of a dangerous killer working for the enemy, well-known to the point of having a nickname (Scarlet Swordsman, Crimson Flash, Angel of Death, Sword Saint), who is reserved, quiet, and brooding, and who has a hidden sense of honor which causes him to defect to your side.

Well, you should probably get over the reality that everyone defines this archetype in a different manner to you.

Joshua only really fulfills the "hidden sense of honor". He isn't even known as a dangerous killer; generic soldiers in Chapter 5 bark at him and call him a common sellsword (plus he loses at the arena, what a fool).

Not his fault he got three Knights in a row.