DLC Art

Kuki

I'm talking about the new artwork of older characters such as Leaf, Alm, Roy, etc. Which one's your favorite? Which one needs more work? Do you like the idea of different artists depicting FE characters as such?

My favorites are Leaf and Alm. laugh.gif

Edited by Kuki

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them all to a certain extent. My least favorite one is Roy mainly because it looks 0% like him. Can't really say about Alm because I haven't played Gaiden.

I want one done by Yoshitaka Amano :0

That's the artist for FF6(and prior?) isn't it? I wish they would bring back that style in the new FF's; it is absolutely gorgeous.

Edited by goopy

Hmmm. . .the DLC art is different, which can be good or bad. I'll go by character.

Marth - My least favorite, due to stylistic issues. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the artist for working on it!

Roy - No longer looks like a mama's boy, which is a vast improvement.

Leaf - Maybe his eyes are always supposed to be wide? Facial expression aside, probably my favorite.

Alm - Who? The artwork reminds me of Trunks in samurai armor, and I have no problems with it.

Micaiah - The word that comes to mind is "tasteless"; however, I think the Dark Mage getup is tasteless, so I don't hold that against the artist.

Elincia - The helmet looks silly, and I'd love to know where her other foot went. Despite that, I think she looks okay.

(Paperblade, this is an opinion on the Internet; what will you do about it?) :P:

I like them all to a certain extent. My least favorite one is Roy mainly because it looks 0% like him. Can't really say about Alm because I haven't played Gaiden.

That's the artist for FF6(and prior?) isn't it? I wish they would bring back that style in the new FF's; it is absolutely gorgeous.

I know, right? He actually has done art for most of the series, but lesser after FFVI, yeah. I was so excited when FFIVDS made his style actually designed on the characters themselves--they were so vibrant looking. I'm really hoping further remakes of FFV and FFVI do the same thing. The style Square went with is far too bland in comparison--you can't even tell genders apart anymore.

Marth: Too effeminate (I wonder if they commissioned it that way so people wouldn't question masked Marth's gender?)

Roy: What, he's a man now? But yeah, vast improvement

Leaf: I found him cool, too

Alm: Okay

Micaiah: Sexualized doll Micaiah > original, talking Micaiah

Elincia: Too horny Meh

So far, I've been a bit disappointed with the redesigns of the female DLC characters. I understand that kakusei has become a lot more fanservice-y than a lot of other fire emblem titles, but the lack of noses and (somewhat) poor sense of anatomy is a bit disappointing.

I don't think I would mind the lack of noses so much if it was a consistent kind of style, but some characters having noses while others lack them is just a bit weird.

I hope they pick it up for the next female character they include (maybe she'll even have a nose?)

Elincia - The helmet looks silly, and I'd love to know where her other foot went. Despite that, I think she looks okay.

xD Heehee, that was my first thought as well. Even knowing that it's behind her other foot, it seems a bit odd to me > A>

But yeah, the rest of her is fine~

Personally, I'm warming up to all of it, and I don't think any of it will stop me from buying all the maps anyway.

How do you convert dollars to DLC-buying stuff from America, anyway? Anyone know?

I've warmed up to 'em all at this point. For a break-down of each design:

Marth: I like. It's a new style for him and I think it makes him look pretty cool.

Leaf: Awesome. My second favorite. He looks beastly here.

Roy: Manned up. My favorite of them all thus far.

Micaiah: The Dark Mage. Reminds me of her tier 2 outfit.

Alm: Again, gives off a "Don't mess with me" aura that I love. he reminds me of Trunks from DBZ

Elincia: Nice homage to her previous design and a pretty interesting take on her, me thinks.

How do you convert dollars to DLC-buying stuff from America, anyway? Anyone know?

Try buying a points card? I think that might work.

Try buying a points card? I think that might work.

Ah, right, I heard about those. Any idea where to buy ones that will work with a Japanese 3DS? Or for that matter, how to use them?