DLC Art

Kuki

Marth: Is a boy. I understand he originally wore a skirt and tiara, but he is male and that has recently been made clear. Somehow the art also just looks weird to me.

Roy: Doesn't look like him. If I hadn't know it was Roy before seeing it, I probably wouldn't have guessed it was him. Regardless of whether or not you like the design more or less than original Roy, making a new character out of an old one who we're paying to get doesn't seem quite right.

Leaf: Best one so far. Anatomy doesn't suck, really looks like Leaf.

Micaiah: One armed defective sex doll with Micaiah's decapitated head.

Elincia: Okay, can these artists please figure out that there is more to a character than their hair color? Giving someone long green hair and white/orange clothing doesn't make them Elincia, just like silver hair doesn't make them Micaiah and red hair doesn't make them Roy. Also, anatomy. And fitting character.

Alm: Boo green hair. This is Fire Emblem, where our lords have blue hair! Also, weird armor in special places. But second best.

So far, the only art I like more than the original portraits are Leaf's and Alm's.

Edited by Rewjeo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh the art doesn't bother me. So long as their in-game portrait isnt all....wonky I'll be fine. Also, could they stop doing main characters and do more popular characters like, oh, Canas, Haar, Linde, or Amelia (Soldier!!!!) instead of them just being Spotpass?

Eh the art doesn't bother me. So long as their in-game portrait isnt all....wonky I'll be fine. Also, could they stop doing main characters and do more popular characters like, oh, Canas, Haar, Linde, or Amelia (Soldier!!!!) instead of them just being Spotpass?

Canas , Amelia , Linde and Haar are more popular in the general FE community than the main characters of each game and deserve their own DLC? Since when?

Edited by Velth

Hmmm. . .the DLC art is different, which can be good or bad. I'll go by character.

Marth - My least favorite, due to stylistic issues. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the artist for working on it!

Roy - No longer looks like a mama's boy, which is a vast improvement.

Leaf - Maybe his eyes are always supposed to be wide? Facial expression aside, probably my favorite.

Alm - Who? The artwork reminds me of Trunks in samurai armor, and I have no problems with it.

Micaiah - The word that comes to mind is "tasteless"; however, I think the Dark Mage getup is tasteless, so I don't hold that against the artist.

Elincia - The helmet looks silly, and I'd love to know where her other foot went. Despite that, I think she looks okay.

(Paperblade, this is an opinion on the Internet; what will you do about it?) :P:

your opinion is wrong

The ingame portrait uses the face from the art.

Well that's kind of a bummer. Here I was thinking the art was just an advert for the DLC (though in retrospect that would've been a real waste wouldnt it have been).

(though in retrospect that would've been a real waste wouldnt it have been).

No less of a waste than official character art in general, considering that it didn't even appear in the games themselves until FE9 (and even then and in FE10, in a very minor capacity). Though, perhaps that actually does have something to do with why there's so little of it for FE11/12 as far as we know.

Dare I say that it's more of a waste to not use the old portraits?

Old official art is getting used for the Spotpass characters here anyway... (Well, it's not quite the same thing you mentioned, I guess)

Marth: He looks ok ^^' I thought it was Lucina with a hairtcut.

Leaf: He looks really nice ^^' I think he's my 3rd favorite.

Roy: He looks like Ike dyed his hair red.

Micaiah: I don't like her being oversexualized least favorite.

Alm: He looks pretty o3o my 2nd favorite.

Elincia: They could of done a better job with her waist down but I like it overall its my favorite ;W;.

Marth: Not a bad look. Somewhat effeminate, though.

Roy: By far my favorite. Looks pretty badass now.

Leaf: Second favorite. His eyes look like they could kill.

Micaiah: Is this a joke? She'd have been better off with her old outfit.

Alm: Yeah...not big on this one. Looks kind of dumb.

Elincia: Not too shabby. But the spear doesn't look like it suits her.

I'd really prefer it if either Yoshitaka Amano or Ayami Kojima did a character's art. Hector and/or Ike, plz

For the most part, most of my options of the DLC art is positive. They could have done worse.

I really like Alm's art, though it could be just because I like Alm and wanted to see him with updated art.

Marth's is OK, and I think that it's for the best that his design is based on the other Lord class, considering.

Roy's is pretty cool looking, but I admit it doesn't look very much like Roy. Maybe alternate universe Roy (Oh, wait...)

Leaf's is probably my personal favorite. They've really adapted the Trickster outfit to suit him IMO, and it's very nice to look at.

Micaiah's is godawful. I have no problems with the design itself, though I admit it's a bit lazy (they could have at least recolored the outfit a bit), but the art is really bleck.

Elincia's is OK. It's based on her previous classes, and the art itself looks kinda cute (if that makes sense). The spear is strange though.

Forgive me if I am saying/doing something out of line.

Marth and Leaf: Probably both the best, but both artworks were done by former artists for the games, so that's to be expected.

Roy: Definetly a new look, but I'm not complaning at all.

Alm: It looks like they wanted to make him like Future Trunks from DBZ, but not so much they could get sued. Not too shabby.

Micaiah: The outfit itself does not bother me (More like the issue why she has to be a Dark Mage), but the face takes a nosedive into the Uncanny Valley. It's so flat and doll-like.

Elincia: Not much better, but it looks like both her legs end in one foot.

really, I do not know... I like them all equally... but... the design of roy... is as if to say "look at me, I'm great"...

Epic Roy is Epic

Edited by Enex

The ones I don't like are Micaiah, Elincia, and Roy. :< M for being over-sexualized for no good reason; E because the lower part of her outfit looks quite bad to me; and R because he's too manly, and not cute anymore.

Leaf and Marth, however, I really like. Especially Leaf, his outfit is very cool.

I'm eh on Alm, since I don't know who he is. o_o;

Marth: Well done, I also liked how Kita made Marth look quite noble.

Roy: Way to go you made him quite the badass. My fav.

Leaf: See Marth.

Micaiah: You really could have not made this look worse than you did :facepalm:

Elincia: I like it though the legs do look a bit off but the top half make up for it..

Edited by Gmls710

Well...

Marth: Great art, in my opinion. One of the best.

Elincia: Am I the only one who thinks her armor is just too high-tech like? Aside from that, I like it.

Roy: Nice art, but it looks strange somehow.

Leaf: By far the best art.

Arum: Who?

God.. I must be slow or something, but I totally just realized that every single redesign is based off of the class that they're intended to be, rather than vice versa..

I knew Micaiah's art was directly inspired by the Dark Mage, but I didn't think anything of it. Everyone else, Roy, Leaf, Alm, etc.. are all based off of their classes. You can see it pretty heavily in Leaf, with his joker collar and pointed boots which reflects his status as a Trickster.

That makes me appreciate the designs a lot more, really.