Best class for My Unit Female: Lunatic Mode

I'm finished with new mystery of the emblem hard mode and i want to try (again) the lunatic mode with the female.

But, i'm confused which one is the best.

So, i need your opinion what the best class for my unit female in lunatic mode.

*to be honest, i tried once and my unit was died Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. (that time i chose cavalier)

I think the only two that can really make it is Mage and Myrmidon. Pegasus Knight is too weal, Cavalier suffers WTD from P-1, and I have no clue on Archer but I'm guessing it's terrible enough.

I personally like Female Cavalier a lot. It's bulky enough for prologue (unlike myrmidon and Pegasus Knight who have trouble surviving), and gets to work on weapon ranks for the most important weapon types for the female class set right from the get-go (General and Swordmaster are where you'll be spending a lot of time post-promotion). In fact, if male class limits aren't unlocked, I think female cav is my favorite choice--switching between swordmaster and general is just that good, and cavalier is the bulkiest option for prologue.

But what if they want to

What if they like her mug better HUH

It's not like it's not doable, at least in non-reverse anyway

It doesn't need to be optimal. If she can take on prologue, she's good enough. I found myself using pretty much exclusively set 1 classes for armour knight MU (due to weapon ranks and, well, Cav's just a pretty good class to have) once I got out of prologue (except C3 as a pirate for a purpose that a female MU can easily replicate with peg) so it's not like not having as many reclass options is that big of a deal.

Paperblade succeeded with female Mage and Balcerzak's doing a myrm run, so that's that.

Plus she can go Falco if you're willing to wait for chapter 11 to promote her. Which...isn't exactly the best idea for MU as she wants to be promoted pretty early on and so the Whip is probably better for Catria or Caeda, but it's still an option.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Paperblade's run sucks, imo. Or what I've seen of it. All it proves is that you can still operate with a LTC mindset if your MU is way below par. I think I'll upload a playthrough of both Lunatic (without both class sets totally unlocked for males) and Reverse difficulties in the near future with a MU that's actually worth something.

You realise it was a blind run right

The point is not to optimise whatever MUs here. The OP wants to use specifically a female, and a female MU has proven to be doable. It's pretty established that Armour Knight and Fighter are the two best options for Lunatic, but not everyone wants to play with only the optimal options. Makes things interesting.

Paperblade's run sucks, imo. Or what I've seen of it. All it proves is that you can still operate with a LTC mindset if your MU is way below par. I think I'll upload a playthrough of both Lunatic (without both class sets totally unlocked for males) and Reverse difficulties in the near future with a MU that's actually worth something.

Condescension much? PB was like one of the first people to ever beat H3 outside Japan, so he had no idea what he was in for. The fact that he did as well as he did does a lot to show he's quite competent as well as that MU being the optimal class isn't a necessity to beat H3.

It's pretty established that Armour Knight and Fighter are the two best options for Lunatic

Mmmm.........maybe for the prologue chapters..........

Reclassing is certainly in order right afterwards, however. You don't want to be fielding a general towards the end of the campaign and most definitely not a fucking warrior at any point later on.

Anyway, I've already cleared Lunatic and Reverse without any rainbow potion.

Anyone with common sense should know I'm referring to Prologue starting class. I highly doubt in most cases MU will ever be in one class throughout any Lunatic/+ run.

Good for you. Now don't be condescending about it. You're not special because you beat it and you certainly have no right in calling Paperblade's run sucking.

It's FabledTome. His job is to run into a thread, put people down, shove a shoe into his mouth, and leave.

Back on topic, if you want to grab a Whip off of Wifi, do so. Falcoknight's 26 Speed is really handy when you hit a patch of enemies with 21-22 Speed. As a Myrmidon, she should have decent sword rank upon promotion. I didn't care for Cavalier, because her base Speed was too low, even on H1.

If you go Mage, she'll get Resire, which should help her durability considerably.

You're not special because you beat it and you certainly have no right in calling Paperblade's run sucking.

Yeah, well, neither is Paperblade and neither would you be. Lunatic kind of boxes you into a corner no matter what into completing chapters quickly at the end (even should you not want to) before you get overwhelmed. For all I know, save states and other TAS shit came into play with his run because enemy phases are left out, recording is sped up/lacking audio, and so forth.

BTW, I don't see where I ever implied I'm special because of those completions. Do I think ANYONE's advice is super important and bears professional scrutiny because they can complete some FE chapter in a handful of turns or less with say a warp staff, whether or not any luck is involved? No.

Edited by FabledTome

I'm gonna do this once, and only once.

CUT IT OUT. You're not doing yourself favors by criticizing people for the sake of doing so.

Did I ever condescendingly insulted somebody else's run? No. I never even implied I was special. I was giving what the OP wanted. He did not ask "should I use a female MU?". He asked "which class is best for female MU in Lunatic?" Clearly, he wanted to use a female MU. Not every run has to be optimised to hell and back and if he wants to use a female MU and it's possible to do so, you provide him with the information.

If a female MU was impossible to beat Prologue with, that would be a different case, however, it isn't.

Well, i'm start the game with MU myrmidon (female) and so far running smoothly even my defense is 6 until prologue : assassination.

I think if i choose mage class for MU in Lunatic or Lunatic Reverse, its too fragile. Defense 3 and the growth is 10% (i choose Kindness as MU present)? What a fragile unit. (maybe she's little bit better than Linde)

If you're going for highest growth rate, I think it's 15%? (choose Humanitarian for future) If you're going for best base defense, it's 4 (choose Clergy's Child for past). I'm not sure if she'll be oneshotted, but assuming she doesn't Resire's gonna hurt. If she is, then it's a moot point.

Come on Fabled, you're rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. I don't know if it's intentional or if you are just naturally abrasive, but you're laying the condescending attitude on pretty thick. It's not that hard to just make your opinion known and leave it at that. Cut it out.

For everyone else..come on :P:. This is not worth getting worked up over, and I'm sure you have been and will continue to be subjected to much worse criticism and silliness on the forum. It's late, we're probably all a little sleepy and irritated. He didn't say anything that bad, he just made a few remarks that were uncalled for. Most of which I am sure the people they were directed at will not get half as upset over, haha.

Edited by Tangerine

You know, I'm trying to figure out who is the bigger asshole in this scenario and why.

- FabledTome bashing Paperblade's runthrough

- Me for bashing mjemerzian's runthrough who kind of bashed my playthrough

Something tells me the former, but one can't be quite so sure...

Ooo! Can I nominate my Lunatic run to the bashing block? I used Male Mage MU and banned things like R-Potion, forging, and map save point. And worse yet, I plan to be stupid and apply the same conditions to Lunatic Reverse!

If you go Mage, she'll get Resire, which should help her durability considerably.

Female Mage MU will very likely need the extra HP buffer from a Seraph Robe in order to survive 2 hits with Resire/Nosferatu. So it works much better once the boosters in the prep shop are unlocked.

I'm gonna do this once, and only once.

CUT IT OUT. You're not doing yourself favors by criticizing people for the sake of doing so.

It's apparently okay when everybody does it to MJEmirzian, though.

It's apparently okay when everybody does it to MJEmirzian, though.

MJ admitted to RNG rigging to get his levels the way they were, so that his strategy guide would work. Not sure if the 'mole did it, but I'll see him soon enough, and can ask him (gut tells me that if he did, it probably isn't to the former's extent, though).

He rigged only a few levels though. And the guide mentions him doing this.

That's my point. . .if you're requiring a certain set of non-item stat gains to make your strategy work, it's not a solid one IMO.