Rate the Unit: Day 60 - Tibarn

Tanith is actually great to have on her starting chapter though Haar is the clear MVP. With pitfalls and light runes abound you absolutely must field fliers. Other than that I think Tanith is overrated and I think even the 6 I gave her was a bit generous, but I was comparing her to Marcia. Less availability but they have virtually identical function. But Tanith's 2-range is barely worth anything at base and pales in comparison to Titania, Haar, or Ike. I barely see it as a benefit for her. It certainly isn't making her worth more than Tibarn's combat as Tibarn is entirely there to secure KOs and complete the game for screwed players, and Tibarn has twice Tanith's durability. Tibarn's only flaws are late joining and route lock. His contributions towards completing the game are so slim that 10/10 would be stupid. Haar and Titania bust themselves over many more chapters to earn their 10/10. I scored Tibarn as he is because he and the other royals essentially mean you can clear endgame no matter what, but otherwise he isn't super mega important like Sothe or Nolan in the Derp Brigade or Haar in the CRs or GMs. It is stupid for Tibarn to be less than Tanith though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starwave, get off your high horse. Lucina puts you in charge of the thread for three days, and now you're going around running your mouth off at anyone who so much as dares to disagree with you?

First of all, your opinion is not objective either. Everyone's opinion here is, in a way, subjective. Some people really value that 1-2 range. Some people really like that overkill offense. Others care a bit more about availability. And others want a little mix of all these variables. Just because you think a person's vote is "garbage", doesn't mean it is. Lucina tallied up Tibarn, as he already said he would before he left. So stop whining. RTUs aren't even that important anyway. It's not worth getting so worked up over.

Also, you've been acting quite arrogant for someone who's only been here for slightly over a month. You may think you know a lot about FE10, and maybe you do. But I'm sure there are other people on this site who know better than you. And no one wants to listen to someone else prattle on like a whiny "know-it-all". Come back down to Earth.

Can't really disagree here!

I won't limit myself because i'm not a "senior" here.

Good, because I'm not asking you to.

I fail to see how speaking your mind = being a know it all.

Look back at the WAY you speak your mind. It reeks of arrogance and "know-it-all-ness". In other words, I don't have a problem with you speaking your mind. I have a problem with the way you say it.

Also, i'd like to point out that i've been running my mouth "before" I was put in charge of the RTU thread; that hasn't changed.

And Lucina was in charge of the RTU thread then. In the Tibarn thread, you made your stance pretty much clear. The person who is in charge of the RTU should be objective as they can. You weren't. Which is why I even bothered to post.

That said I don't have a low self esteem. I just have low self esteem for pretty much everyone else.

Lol, did I ever say you had a low self-esteem? And besides, I think we can all say that for everyone else. Your "I just have low self esteem for pretty much everyone else" makes you nothing special. Most people hate people.

That's... a question that I can't really come up with a good answer to. It might have something to do with hard mode in this game ruining the usability of a lot of units.

Not only that, but it gimps the game's mechanics too. No Weapon Triangle and the sort.

Bottlegnomes, forgive me, but thats dumb. :P: There is the argument that "there are some guys you just wouldnt use unless Hard Mode." and i can buy that. Because Tibarn and Caineghis are good examples. :B

Good, because I'm not asking you to.

Good.

Look back at the WAY you speak your mind. It reeks of arrogance and "know-it-all-ness". In other words, I don't have a problem with you speaking your mind. I have a problem with the way you say it.

No guarantees. I could be a little aggressive, but I don't really plan on changing my style.

And Lucina was in charge of the RTU thread then. In the Tibarn thread, you made your stance pretty much clear. The person who is in charge of the RTU should be objective as they can. You weren't. Which is why I even bothered to post.

Right... Exceptions must be made in situations like this. Should I. That said, I don't think i've ever implied that I was a "better" RTU thread creator. I'll keep that in mind the next i'm given the opportunity to host these kinds of threads. Though i'm honest better off being a regular thread goer so I can speak my mind.

Lol, did I ever say you had a low self-esteem? And besides, I think we can all say that for everyone else. Your "I just have low self esteem for pretty much everyone else" makes you nothing special. Most people hate people.

It was a joke. Look up Daria.

Edited by Starwave

No guarantees. I could be a little aggressive, but I don't really plan on changing my style.

A lot of people here get a little aggressive, that is undeniable. However, there are just certain words, certain tones that you use that are really just uncalled for. If you'd like, I can pull them up and tell you why it's uncalled for.

Right... Exceptions must be made in situations like this. Should I. That said, I don't think i've ever implied that I was a "better" RTU thread creator. I'll keep that in mind the next i'm given the opportunity to host these kinds of threads.

In that case, I have to question your post on the Pelleas thread, in the paragraph right before you actually rated him. If you like, I can pull that one up as well.

It was a joke. Look up Daria.

Duly noted.

When you take into account the resources you need to put into her (tons of BEXP) i'd say you actually end up being set back in optimal play.

You assume I care about optimal play, and I'm free to use BEXP however I want according to the rules, so I could have legitimately saved all my BEXP for all of part 3 and used it all on Tanith.

Edited by Shotguner159

You assume I care about optimal play, and I'm free to use BEXP however I want according to the rules, so I could have legitimately saved all my BEXP for all of part 3 and used it all on Tanith.

Ok I getcha.

Man I wish I could go back in time when you guys were voting on the dawn brigade characters. Micaiah? Bam 9/10. Leonardo, a solid 8/10. Eddy? You don't even NEED to ask bam 9/10. Nolan's not that good because I don't use him so 5/10. Ah... sweet, sweet memories.

Ok I getcha.

Man I wish I could go back in time when you guys were voting on the dawn brigade characters. Micaiah? Bam 9/10. Leonardo, a solid 8/10. Eddy? You don't even NEED to ask bam 9/10. Nolan's not that good because I don't use him so 5/10. Ah... sweet, sweet memories.

Obviously not playing optimally means I love the Dawn Brigade! I don't. I didn't vote for any of them.