Global Warming

Not Changed by VASM :(

Global Warming  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does it scare the Shit out of you.

• Yes
    • No
    • Meh...
    • Scare me, I CAUSED IT!

Facts:

Global Warming is defined by the rapid increase in temperature due to the catalysts of human creation.

There has been an attempt to remedy this disaster through the establishment of the Kyoto Protocol.

The Kyoto Protocol is a treaty of sorts which dictates that each country must reduce emissions by a certain percent by 2010 (if I'm not mistaken).

After being thoroughly revised, the Protocol will butcher North America's economy (and a few other countries' as well); in addition, it will do little to remedy Global Warming.

It is also noted that some Americans (and people of other nations) deny the fact of Global Warming altogether.

Personally, I know that everything shall come to an end sooner or later. I choose to accept it.

Well since I'm living in Buffalo, I stand to be living in a tropical paradise in the next 20 years... any country at very high, or very low latitudes are going to prosper greatly! i.e. Canada, Russia, Greenland, Scandanavia...

What I'm more afraid of is a global war over the world's scarce resources... especially dwindling supply of fresh water.

I'm not afraid of it, but I do think that in the future...the world is screwed.

But I know humanity will find a way to survive. One way or another....

this

I voted meh...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really see what's to fear.

It's going slow enough that our bodies will most likely adapt by the time it gets too bad anyways. :/

I don't really see what's to fear.

I guess you never heard about the possibility of the ice caps melting and flooding this earth.

The only reason that it scares me. Unfortunately, many people don't seem to care about stuff like Global Warming until it's too late.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier