Fe10 Balancing attempt! [Subject #3 - Bastian]

Vicious Sal

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I read it. I just didn't care.

Ok, I'm done.

And just because I mention those things doesn't mean I intend to start up a whole discussion about them. In fact, most of the time, I just intend to throw in my two cents and that's it.

You throw in a shitload of two cents. Not just here, something like three pages, with the last two me multiple times asking if the topic could go back to business.

I am literally asking you to stop posting here. It started with you adding something that was off topic because you misread the OP, then came the geoffrey argument, which apparently you didn't care about. I have gained nothing productive from your posts. So please refrain from posting here anymore, I don't like it anymore, and I have said that multiple times.

Oh, and before you want to start an argument with me about how they antagonized you:

People don't have to reply to me either. They can ignore me. It takes two to tango, you know.

You said it. Wise words.

To everyone else who has replied to Anacybele, it takes more than one rock to create friction. So if everyone can just leave everything be now...

Yup, I reckon it's one of the first things I want handled, do we want caps, if we do, raising and altering and whatnot can be discussed. IF we don't, it's simpler. =p But that would give stats like the Unleashed series, which doesn't seems entirely balanced... BEXP would also lose it's abuse, since Mic would forever get Mag/Lck/Res

Obviously we don't want Unleashed kind of stats. :P:

It's just an observation that it IS possible to fiddle with caps. How much you adjust them can be saved for later.

Obviously we don't want Unleashed kind of stats. :P:

It's just an observation that it IS possible to fiddle with caps. How much you adjust them can be saved for later.

Well, from what I've seen the last couple of pages, people want fiddling A LOT, so I'll be sure to have that addressed. Just like enemy density, I want RES to become more important as well.

Also, what is your opinion on people Like Hetzel & Levail? Would there be other units that would be able to be recruited? Kezhda was one I really wanted to add.

Well, from what I've seen the last couple of pages, people want fiddling A LOT, so I'll be sure to have that addressed. Just like enemy density, I want RES to become more important as well.

Also, what is your opinion on people Like Hetzel & Levail? Would there be other units that would be able to be recruited? Kezhda was one I really wanted to add.

Sure, why not? They're interesting, story-wise, and it's one less person for me to kill. Can't think of any other amusing recruits off the top of my head.

I forgot to mention this when compiling my whole wishlist before.

Chapter 3-10: Make the CRKs playable, reduce the number of green units the CRKs have on hand. Also have the GMs deployed, but with fewer deployments available to make up for the fact that you're managing the CRKs and GMs at the same time. Elincia should remain a green unit so no one can trade her weapons.

Chapter 3-13: If Pelleas is alive, allow him to be playable. Perhaps have him join after the chapter starts.

Weapon rebalancing stuff:

Improve the hit on all thunder tomes (excluding Rexbolt) by 5. Maybe make the MT equal to wind, but I think it's fine being lower MT with substantially higher crit. Right now, it's too nerfed compared to other magic types and really drags both Ilyana and Pelleas down when they're SO inaccurate.

Change the Balberith bonus to something other than +3 strength. +3 magic? Might be a little overkill in the hands of Lehran, but seems fine if you only have Pelleas to use it.

Increase the accuracy of all 1-2 range swords (minus prf weapons), and some sort of rebalancing of the damage. Reduce the damage of the storm sword and tempest blade, but I think wind edge is fine as-is as far as MT goes. Similarly, reduce the hit of hand axes and slightly improve the damage of the tomahawk. Increase the damage of short spears and spears, or balance everything around those numbers so swords have accurate hit but weaker MT, axes hit harder but hit less often, and lances are balanced. As it stands, hand axes dominate the other two types of 1-2 range, but then the tempest blade is SS powered at S rank for whatever reason.

Edited by Samias

There's actually evidence that Levail was originally going to be recruitable (he has growth rates). Dunno why this was scrapped though, it would've been neat.

Edited by Anacybele

-Nerf the Black Knight's speed so getting a perfect ending doesn't require rigging Ike's speed.

-Alternatively, buff Ike's speed by like 1 or 2 points so he can reach the magic number easier.

-Make Levail recruitable, because he's awesome.

-Make Ena able to use White Breath, or swap her STR and MAG growths/bases. Useable combat yay

-Make Ena and Kurth not suck. Level them to at least 25, with S or SS Strike, and fix their bases accordingly.

-Find a way to make Untransformed Laguz not get killed so easily, especially in later chapters.

-Have Jill start as a Level 1 Dragonmaster, with bases raised accordingly. Zihark and Tauroneo are promoted, why not her?

-Alternatively, demote Zihark to a Level 14 Myrmridon with A Swords.

-A better reward for recruiting Oliver. Either give him better equipment, fantastic skills, or make him more useable.

Updating in a bit, then cleaning up the mess called OP.

The tricky part is... How can we make it logical for the "IwilldieformymasterlikeSelenadidinFe8typeunit" to join us. Zelgius joining would be the only thing I can think of and gee, that kinda goes against "one will live, and one will die"

Hetzel was way easier, he has an unused line indicating he can be spared. Sanaki goes something like "stay and wait here until we return, you will be judged on your actions later, once we save the world" or w/e.

How easy is it to just add on this:

Hetzel: Empress, I plead for forgiveness, I argued with the other senators time and time again! But I suppose my words alone hold no water, so please allow me to aid you so that my words speak true!

Sanaki: If you really are speaking the truth, aiding us will be a good way to start your repent... Very well.

Or something simple like that. And giving hetzel growths isn't that difficult, he has growths already, just everything 0 except luck, which is 100 iirc. Changing that isn't the hardest thing in the world.

And how do we make Kehzda a logical recruit...

You could make Khezda an enemy in 3-6, and then he joins Ike's party in 3-7.

Also, for Lucia and Bastian, in addition to more availability, they'd really like their PoR growths. In addition, Laguz would really like PoR growths as well (some could be made up for those that weren't in RD).

Currently working on an Excel doc, which it turning absolutely SHITLONG by the way, listing every single class, unit, skill etc. But it will look better in the end.

After that I'll start filling in the stuff everyone named. Things like "Buff speed by one or two" is just labeled as "buff" of w/e, because i can't go into specifics in the doc. when the day for discussion arrives for said unit everyone can discuss how the unit has to be buffed or nerfed or w/e.

Also, people, it's not just unit, things like skills, items in the shop etc can also be changed, eventually, show a bit of imagination.

Buyable Rewarp

I'm honestly not sure what shop items and the like need to be shuffled.

Depends, if Pelleas joins earlier etc, dark tomes might come in handy. It's minor, but still.

Also, I was planning on seeing if I could make rewarp usable on other people, creating the warp staff. I'm not sure, but if I can find Heals properties for on who it is used, I could change rewarp so that is can be used on others... ? Maybe, this is purely wishful thinking atm on my part. But I would like to hear stuff like that from others as well. People say Magicians need a buff, almost always stats were what should be changed, but would magicians not also benefit of being able to equip Imbue? Yes, Micaiah would heal 40 Hp per turn in the end. Essentially full health every turn.

I'm not saying it's balanced, but I am hoping for creative ways to get around current obstacles. =]

EDIT: Something else i wanted to look into, If it's possible to do it for the entire class, instead of for one unit every single time (So either mass group or one at a time), I wanted to give enemies mastery skills, but of course with far less damage multipliers (This would also tone down masteries for Player units probably). So Rend being STR x 1.5 or w/e and Deadeye putting enemy to sleep & damage x 2 or something. Would make it far more interesting to play probably, but thats for when Skills come up as topic of discussion.

Edited by Vicious Sal