Is this a correct interpretation of the background story of this game?

HeartTranquil

What does the information contained below mean? So Gimle time-travelled back to the present using MU's body?

Avatar is possessed by Gimle after he/she and Chrom defeat Fauder and kills Chrom. When Lucina attempts to escape to the past, Gimle follows her to the past in the future Avatar's body, causing his/her memories to collide with the present Avatar's memories, giving Avatar amnesia.

But that specific body is much older, like at least 15+ years older than the current MU in the current timeline (remember MU in the future was already married and his/her child/children already grew up quite a bit).

So is it more logical to interpret the information as suggesting Gimle time-travelled back into the body of the current MU in the current timeline? This will explain why MU lost his memories due to a memory clash and the fact that the MU has a young adult age and not a middle-aged man/woman.

In other words, the Gimle possessed MU from future time travelled to the current timeline. The Gimle possessed MU then spiritually inserted himself into the current MU's body. This did not change the current MU's appearance in terms of his/her age, but it did cause current MU to lose his/her memories.

Is this a correct/logical assumption?

Note that the war in the future unaltered timeline lasted MUCH LONGER than the 1-2 years you'll be playing in FE13. Arguably, it lasted more than 15 years. Given MU has married and that his/her child/children has actually grown up quite a bit. This is logical because remember Gimle was able to play a much bigger role in the future timeline (thus prolonging the war) and the the future children coming into the current timeline will logically provide some tips/advice/strategies/tactics/crucial information to aid the war in the current timeline.

And of course gotta remember that the very fact that future characters ENTERED the current timeline will have already altered the current timeline's future in ways that no future can possibly predict. The very fact that people or events that are not supposed to happen in the current timeline has occurred means that the future is very much OPEN - thus giving the players a solid and logical way to shape a future in whatever way the player seems fit. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edited by HeartTranquil

Well, there is more than one interpretation to the 'War lasted more than fifteen years'. It's quite possible that the War against Fauder lasted no longer than four or five years years, but Gimle's destruction of the world lasted ten or more. I personally support this theory, if only because Chrom and MU don't seem to have aged a day in the Interlude. After that, we can presume that Gimle wouldn't want his host body dying of old age on him, and so shut the aging process in MU's body down.

This is somewhat supported in Loran's father support, where he explains how he is older than Lucina, despite Lucina being born first. This implies that the Bad Future timeline only really split off from the present timeline after chapter 12.

So something like this.

1: Lucina is born.

2: War against Warm/Fauder/Collecting the jewels, This takes three of four years.

3: Interlude, MU get's possessed by Gimle, kills Chrom.

4: Gimle starts destroying the world, this lasts for ten or so years.

5: Children begin time-hopping back, displaced up to five years before the beginning of the game.

This would have most of the children be around eighteen, which seems about right.

If you believe that Lucina and most of the children really were of a fighting age by the time of the battle against Fauder (which seems sort of silly to me), then something like this:

1: Lucina is born.

2: War against Warm/Fauder/Collecting the jewels, This takes fifteen or so years.

3: Interlude, MU get's possessed by Gimle, kills Chrom.

4: Gimle starts destroying the world, this lasts a year or so.

5: The children start time-hopping back, displaced into the past some period of time before the beginning of the game.

Again, this would have most of the children at around eighteen. But the war just seems to take far too long, and Gimle's world conquering is far too fast for this to make sense for me.

Edited by Onestep

For your first question, Gimle!MU from Lucina's future actually meets MU in the past. Around Ch.12 I believe. They share the same sprite (I think? been a while), and who am I to say Evil Dragon possessed humans age the same way?

But yeah, the rest of the stuff is pretty much the other topic.

For your first question, Gimle!MU from Lucina's future actually meets MU in the past. Around Ch.12 I believe. They share the same sprite (I think? been a while), and who am I to say Evil Dragon possessed humans age the same way?

But yeah, the rest of the stuff is pretty much the other topic.

Wait how does that work?

I thought Gimle-Possessed MU is already in the current timeline? The Prologue part when you get picked up by Chrom?

So how can a Gimle-Possessed MU (which is already from the future) meet the MU in the past in Ch12?

I thought the Gimle-Possessed MU "merged" with the current timeline MU?

Gimle-possessed MU is Fauder's buddy who shows up in Ch13. Something about him showing up is what messed with original MU's memories before the Prologue.

Gimle-possessed MU is Fauder's buddy who shows up in Ch13. Something about him showing up is what messed with original MU's memories before the Prologue.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THANK YOU FOR THIS CLARIFICATION!

Because I was soooooooooo confused.

So the player who plays the MC, we are "legitimate" right? We are not "possessed" by Gimle. We are who we are.

The ONLY REASON we lost our memories is because some future self of us, who was possessed by Gimle, enters the current timeline then causing us Amnesia!

Thank you!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THANK YOU FOR THIS CLARIFICATION!

Because I was soooooooooo confused.

So the player who plays the MC, we are "legitimate" right? We are not "possessed" by Gimle. We are who we are.

The ONLY REASON we lost our memories is because some future self of us, who was possessed by Gimle, enters the current timeline then causing us Amnesia!

Thank you!

Yes. You aren't Gimle walking around in your body.

MU is MU. You are you. However you want to put it, that's how it is.

Because MU is of a particular lineage that has marks appear in certain descendants, like Chrom and Emmeryn.

Actually, MU's lineage happens to be the reason why Gimle was able to possess MU in the first place (in the future).

Edited by Tsamimi