List every character who...

ClLoulD

Nah, you don't need tank in FE9, but they come in handy if you want to use a defensive juggernaut to soak up a few hits when your other units can't handle them. Not that I ever use Generals usually, I only used Brom in FE9 because I tried one of those 'pick my team' playthroughs.

Brom in FE10 is just tank backup in 2-1. 2-2 is easier if you just abuse Lucia and Mordecai. He doesn't do anything in any 2-E strategy I know of that's much good.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neph is overrated.

Hammah!brom kills ludvevk in 2 turns.

also, nealychi tooooo

Agreed 10000%. Last time I did a NM run she struggled a lot until she hit lancer status and it wasn't because I was being a bad tactician I just thought she would be able to handle 3 enemies.

She can handle herself well, i just get tired of the lonely fanboys that fap to here.

I'd say that giving the exp to her is an alright investment.

Tbh, I'm finding tellius to be overrated a little sometimes.

Nephenee has a much better time with transfers, especially if she capped Str in the PoR file. In NM she's not exactly difficult to raise. In HM she struggles for a while, and really needs the PoR transfer boosts, but is pretty much the best Lance-user to train for the final chapter if you want one (Marcia and Tanith are a big gamble even with transfers, you probably haven't trained Gatrie, and Oscar's rubbish Str/Spd caps are even more noticeable in HM), although you get the Wishblade at a pretty pointless time so one must question whether it's even worth bringing a Lancer...

Edited by Dr. Silent

IF we are counting transfers Nephenee gets +2 str,skl,spd and def (we assume some abuse to get good transfers)

Brom gets HP, Str, Skl, Spd and Def (he ofc has the knight ward during PoR)

So in RD they start off with.

Neph: 17 str and an effective 21 spd (she still loses one from her weapon. It'll take about 4 levels to lose that penalty. A huge improvement from non-transfer. 17 defense also means she might survive another attack. It's still suicidal to let her tank anything making her a PP unit.

Brom: 21 Str and 18 Spd. He'll now double the fighters and some of the mages and his 41 HP and 23 Def means he'll be able to tank multiple enemies on EP. If Nephenee gets his Steel axe he can get rocking as soon as possible. He just became even more reliable then he already was.

IF we are counting transfers Nephenee gets +2 str,skl,spd and def (we assume some abuse to get good transfers)

Brom gets HP, Str, Skl, Spd and Def (he ofc has the knight ward during PoR)

So in RD they start off with.

Neph: 17 str and an effective 21 spd (she still loses one from her weapon. It'll take about 4 levels to lose that penalty. A huge improvement from non-transfer. 17 defense also means she might survive another attack. It's still suicidal to let her tank anything making her a PP unit.

Brom: 21 Str and 18 Spd. He'll now double the fighters and some of the mages and his 41 HP and 23 Def means he'll be able to tank multiple enemies on EP. If Nephenee gets his Steel axe he can get rocking as soon as possible. He just became even more reliable then he already was.

Doubling the Fighters doesn't mean much, because the Fighters in this chapter are very weak and you'd really prefer to keep them alive for the BEXP (there isn't much BEXP for leaving them alive, but there's even less EXP for killing them).

Brom might be slightly better for a few chapters but I don't think it's worth going through the trouble to make him a 20/20 unit for only a few chapters that he's really worth using. I can't see Brom being good for long term just because there are faster, better axe users out there such as Nolan, jill, haar and heck even Boyd IMO.

Nephenee is in line for WIshblade after Oscar!.

And isn't as manly as Devdanved who fights like 10 men!

TBH, Neph's just a unit that is average-ish once babied up.

Most of the things we can give her in p2 can be given to Brom too.

And besides, we all know that MARCIA/Tanith is hotter and wields lances better.

Nephenee is in line for WIshblade after Oscar!.

And isn't as manly as Devdanved who fights like 10 men!

TBH, Neph's just a unit that is average-ish once babied up.

Most of the things we can give her in p2 can be given to Brom too.

And besides, we all know that MARCIA/Tanith is hotter and wields lances better.

lol Oscar...

Tanith is probably the most viable option if you can spare a Speedwing. Marcia needs too much luck with her Str in Hard mode even with PoR transfer data and an Energy Drop, although if things go her way early on she'll be better than Tanith by the time Tanith joins. If you want a mounted Wishblade user, try your luck with one of these two.

lol Oscar...

Tanith is probably the most viable option if you can spare a Speedwing. Marcia needs too much luck with her Str in Hard mode even with PoR transfer data and an Energy Drop, although if things go her way early on she'll be better than Tanith by the time Tanith joins. If you want a mounted Wishblade user, try your luck with one of these two.

Or just have a Tanith with capped speed in a PoR File. Nephenee shows the most use to me by using the impale skill but seen as how after you get the wishblade she really isn't going to be using it on anything at all because of all the enemies with "Nihil" equipped, and I don't thing Impale works on a 1-2 range either? I could be wrong though.

Or just have a Tanith with capped speed in a PoR File. Nephenee shows the most use to me by using the impale skill but seen as how after you get the wishblade she really isn't going to be using it on anything at all because of all the enemies with "Nihil" equipped, and I don't thing Impale works on a 1-2 range either? I could be wrong though.

There are only eleven enemies in the game with Nihil.

It's not like people tend to think she's godly

Oh i dunno. Ive seen a lot of people (especially in years past) praise Neph to the skies. And there is the simple fact she really is the best unit of her class in the game. Some folks seem to think shes the best, period.

lol Oscar...

Um, Marcia has +1 base strength and all of -5 growth. With both transfer and energy drop, she has 20 strength at base, which isn't shabby. Their strength is pretty comparable, so unless Neph is getting a massive level lead, they're pretty much the same there. Plus Marcia has a significantly higher chance of actually getting a str transfer.