Burning Hackery

Crimson Red

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special Weapon Bonus Hack

Lets you give a special bonus of +5% hit and +5% crit when a certain character equips a certain weapon. Doesn't stack with the S-rank bonus. Also renders editing the S rank bonus via the module useless. For more details, see the README. Applying it hasn't been made super easy so this isn't for beginners, sorry.

Ask "Kitty of Time" for more info/help on using it. He's the one who requested it and tested it (err, besides me... obviously I test my own stuff lol). I made it, so if you use it, give creditobviously...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's possible, but the method to do it is a bit indirect and requires some work.

I can give you my implementation and edit it slightly, but you'd need to expand your weapon icons to be out of the data range they're normally in... oh, and it'd only work for FE7. The ASM hack inserts data where weapon icons normally are, so if you don't move them and repoint them, you'll have an issue. If you don't know how, I kindly suggest you look it up and learn how as repointing data is a simple yet useful skill that will likely help you not only now but in the future as well.

If you can do that and need the hack, I can write it up and post the file here when I get a chance. It'll require you to copy/paste some data from one offset to another, and I'm not interested in making a UPS patch to make the process "easier" (though tbh I find the hex editing version easier/more efficient overall for such a small and basic hack >_>').

Alright repointed the weapon icons, and indeed it will be useful skill later on. So, if you may I would like the ASM hack, I don't mind doing some work to make it work.

Also in my opinion hex editing the ASM hack into the rom seems a lot more safer than patching it, less chance of overwriting something .

Paste this at 0x292E4:

9C F0 A8 FE

Paste this at 0xC6038:

04 BC 03 22 51 43 04 B4 48 08 63 F7 51 F9

Requires weapon icons to be repointed.

Let me know if there are any problems. Not sure why you'd want to nerf criticals so much though.

Source etc.

EDIT: May want to back-up your ROM just to be safe though I sincerely doubt there will be any issues here as I used something almost exactly the same for my own hack

Edited by Burning Gravity

• 2 months later...
0x0AAEBC - Change 0x0B to 0xFF to make all songs in Sound Room be unlocked

I needed this for TLP because a lot of songs wouldn't unlock normally. I plan on trying to figure out how to make the sound room only unlock by command though so that the player can't simply access the entire game's music once one song is unlocked. XP

• 2 months later...

It's FE7 only, in case that wasn't clear. The Sound Room itself also has to be unlocked (Camtech has notes on that, not sure if this unlocks it but I don't think so). If it still doesn't work it's possible something else required for it to work was altered through a hex editor or some ASM hack I'm probably not aware of.

That's an easy fix. You just go into the nightmare module (the Sound Room Editor) and eliminate the ASM pointers on those slots (i.e. change them to 0x00).

so does that mean you can use the asm pointers for other things?

I would surmise they check to see if the game has been cleared in each mode. At least for 95 and 96's pointers

Edited by Brendor the Brave

I don't, I looked into it and it didn't make much sense and I couldn't really use it as a lead on finding how to unlock songs properly or something, so eh. I just removed them since I don't have the need for their functions. And you probably can if you actually know ASM, Brendor. I doubt there's any easy yet practical way to make use of them though.

Well I'm thinking since you need to complete Eliwood mode once to unlock 95 maybe I could use the ASM attached to 95 to create a conditional event like:

IFAT 0x00 ASM

or something

• 4 months later...

Sniper Range+1 Hack Download

Not thoroughly tested besides me yet, hopefully Jubby will let us know how well it works later. It should work fine though.

EDIT: UPS patch courtesy of Jubby who tested it and said it works as it is intended

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hm652btl8faq8i/Blazer%27s%20Sniper%20plus%201%20range%20hack.ups

Note that if your weapon icons aren't repointed out of the 0xC5EA4 area this will probably break your ROM

Edited by Blazer

I think it's common knowledge that it's for 1235, especially since all the tools that are for GBAFE are specifically for the U version.

Feditor, nightmare modules, etc.

I'm fairly certain it works just as marksmen in FE10 do, every thing becomes at least 3 range, not everything gets +1 range(as shown in the video by the longbow not being affected).