Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

And Tharja, Virion, and Draug confirmed as cast's mirages.

In Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or Genei Ibun Roku #FE, you’ll get to summon “Mirages,” beings of immeasurable power that come from another dimension. In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, we get details on new characters and Mirages. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Mamori Minamoto (CV: Kaori Fukuhara): similar to the protagonist, a Mirage Master and entertainer who works at the same entertainment business. She’s an elementary student girl that likes older Japanese songs and attire from the Showa period.

Barry Goodman (CV: Yuichi Nakamura): A former popular musician who goes to Japan for its otaku culture. After his retirement, he’s been working as a trainer for the protagonist and friends.

The following are the Mirages that were confirmed as partners for these characters:

• Virion (Fire Emblem Awakening): Eleonora Yumizuru

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem will release in Japan on December 26, 2015 for Wii U. The game will release in 2016 in the West.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/28/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-reveals-new-characters-tharja-as-a-mirage/#T85qKdyXkHYfzmg2.99

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee you the MC of this game will be just as bland as Robin or the Persona MC's.

At least the Persona MC feels like a blank user interface between the player and the game's universe, whereas Robin is basically a mary sue who happens to be customizable in his design and class options.

Whereas Robin has some sue-ish traits, they're much better than Kris and Kamui in that regard.

And Tharja, Virion, and Draug confirmed as cast's mirages.

...And all hope for Soren and Innes was proven illogical.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/index.html

Starting next week, we're going to be getting character trailers every week. I would imagine either Itsuki (the main character) or Tsubasa are going to be the first ones to get a trailer

Dedicated character trailers? That's a surprise. Hopefully they will reveal alternate mirages for each character (still hoping for Robin as alternate to Itsuki).

Considering how poorly written self inserts in FE are, and how bland self inserts are in Persona. I'm glad they decided not to.

I don't see what's wrong with Persona's self inserts. That's like complaining about Link not having enough character.

The P3 protagonist actually subtly has quite a bit of character for a silent protagonist.

P4 dude not so much (and internet memes kind of ruined him), but I don't really expect characterization for these type of characters.

Edited by Radiant head

I don't see what's wrong with Persona's self inserts. That's like complaining about Link not having enough character.

I suppose you got me there. I just remember P3's being a bit... Just there to be a leader and for other characters to be jealous of, or have raging hormone fits over :P:

• 2 weeks later...

The trailers for both Eleonora and Kiria are now up, alongside a blog post from the various VAs in the game. Toi8, the artist for the game, has also released a drawing showing the two females

Kiria, Eleanora, Virion and Tharja, specifically

By the way has anyone compared this game to Fate Stay Night yet? The mirages are like a mix of personas and servants.

I think I've said this in a couple other threads, but combined with the mechanic of the Mirages transforming into weapons and even full outfits that give the characters their powers it's more like the Fate/ spinoff Prisma Illya.

I really enjoyed Eleonora's video, it really show how fun she is and the song is catchy. the kiria one.. not so much. why they didn't just use a new song instead of recycling reincarnation. the soldier outfit's song seems to be good.

after seeing that picture of kiria's gratuitous cleavage, i wonder why her in-game model's cleavage is not as gratuitous. they seem somewhat blurred

Seeing as how we already have a pegasus rider and horse rider if we don't have a wyvern rider I'll be a bit surprised. I'll go with for Maiko's mirage partner being Cherche or Minerva. Barry strikes me as a Fighter (especially because his facial features resemble Garcia) I'll go with Vaike, but the thing is he and Basillio are not really too popular Japan and quite frankly the fighters in Shadow Dragon to me aren't too popular neither (in fact they're my most unlikeable characters in the series for how bland they are design and personality wise), but my other choice if one of them is from SD would have to be Barst simply because he seems to have a different path from the other two who end up as woodcutters while he becomes a pirate in their endings.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Does the scene with Itsuki and Eleanora in the cinema imply we will have the social link system again?

...With multiple gfs at the same time?

Itsuki can help the other characters achieve their career goals and with their personal issues which can increase and add to their combat abilities

Looks like Maiko and Barry are going to be party members from what the top right corner is indicating. http://personacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Genei-Ibun-Roku-FE-1.jpg

I can see Maiko, but not Barry...

Oh wait, now I see him

Seeing as how we already have a pegasus rider and horse rider if we don't have a wyvern rider I'll be a bit surprised. I'll go with for Maiko's mirage partner being Cherche or Minerva. Barry strikes me as a Fighter (especially because his facial features resemble Garcia) I'll go with Vaike, but the thing is he and Basillio are not really too popular Japan and quite frankly the fighters in Shadow Dragon to me aren't too popular neither (in fact they're my most unlikeable characters in the series for how bland they are design and personality wise), but my other choice if one of them is from SD would have to be Barst simply because he seems to have a different path from the other two who end up as woodcutters while he becomes a pirate in their endings.

Maiko's name means "Dancing child", so I'm guessing she's partnered with Olivia

If Barry is playable I have this strong gut feeling he's gonna be a Hero, and according to the website the character in Barry's name we're supposed to pay attention to is the "" in ッドマン (Goodman) which makes me think he'll be partnered with レゴ (Gregor) which works since they're both "funny foreigners"

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Itsuki can help the other characters achieve their career goals and with their personal issues which can increase and add to their combat abilities

I can see Maiko, but not Barry...

Oh wait, now I see him

Maiko's name means "Dancing child", so I'm guessing she's partnered with Olivia

If Barry is playable I have this strong gut feeling he's gonna be a Hero, and according to the website the character in Barry's name we're supposed to pay attention to is the "" in ッドマン (Goodman) which makes me think he'll be partnered with レゴ (Gregor) which works since they're both "funny foreigners"

Oh interesting, but if this is the case along with Lon'qu being Yoshiro Tsurugi's mirage (which I strongly believe because the hair matches in the icon I posted in another thead) then that would mean there would be 6 Awakening mirages and 3 Shadow Dragon mirages... which seems pretty unbalanced. Gregor's spot in the popularity poll for Japan was 11th (though it's 8th if we take out the children and I don't see them making an appearance in this game as mirages). My guess for Barry then if Gregor isn't chosen then would be Ogma next because than that would make it a bit more balance and then from there I could see 1 more male for an evenly matched male and female party.