How much time do you think passes between... (SPOILERS)

HijackThis

(or wild animals, or even Risen)

Or Risen riding wild animals!

*shot*

Personally, I sometimes like to think the time when Chrom meets Avatar at the end is the same as when he meets them in the beginning, but in a different timeline where Lucina came by to tell people what won't happen.

Except I know that's not true, but I wanted to make this post less-spammy <_<"

Well, that last idea was confusing.

Back on topic, so we are in agreement that it took less than two years since it didn't look like Chrom and Lissa aged much at all?

Edited by HijackThis

I want to say it wasn't even a year. Because if it had been very long they would have been like OMG YOU'RE AWAKE WELCOME BACK!

I'd say maybe six months at least. And while it might not seem like much, searching for somebody in fear of never finding them again makes the days seem to drag by, and seem twice as long as they actually were.

yeah, i think it's a different timeline and your first meeting as well >_< would explain why no balloons and big search party :P

I think it's pretty clear that it's not, given his extra dialogue.

However, here's a thought. Maybe Chrom and Lissa are with a larger group that has found the Avatar but can't seem to wake him up. Thus the excitement and whatnot has already happened and died down. Then, as people clear off to make camp or something, Lissa says that they can't just leave the Avatar there, and cue waking up cutscene!

Yeah, it's obviously a case of the developers not wanting to make a whole new cutscene. But I like this rationalization.

However, here's a thought. Maybe Chrom and Lissa are with a larger group that has found the Avatar but can't seem to wake him up. Thus the excitement and whatnot has already happened and died down. Then, as people clear off to make camp or something, Lissa says that they can't just leave the Avatar there, and cue waking up cutscene!

Yeah, it's obviously a case of the developers not wanting to make a whole new cutscene. But I like this rationalization.

Chrom says that many of them are going to be leaving to take care of their families after the war, so we can assume the reason why they weren't there is because they're not enlisted in the Shepherds anymore.

Wow. This might be the best explanation I've heard thus far.