If you were to create a Fire Emblem Class... what would it be?

My Ideas for some classes were:

1. Crossbowman. They are like archers, but they have much higher stats, such as higher attacks and defenses. They will automatically gain a skill that lets them have +1 Range regardless on what it is. (Like a Longbow) The Major Downside is the fact that they cannot move and attack. They can counter attack ranged weapons though. Can promote into a Sniper or an Arbalester. Can use bows to turn into crossbows.
  2. Arbalesters. Seasoned Crossbowmans with insane attacks and decent defenses.
  3. Raider. A special type of class that can be obtained by a mercenary or a barbarian using a Master Seal. They only uses swords, but they are very tough looking, some say insane. They have a special ability called, "Cause Fear," the enemy stat's will be reduced during the battle.
  4. (Unknown Name). Uses a new type of weapon, explosive. It's armed with a small type of rocket that fires a tiny cannon, but it's still explosive. The stats himself aren't the best, but can do great damage. Ranged unit, but the special thing is that it can attack at close range. Can promote into a (Unknown Name2)
  5. (Unknown Name2) A seasoned (Unknown Name) that holds a cannon with bigger cannonballs. The normal cannon launchers will look improved because of the fact that the new class has the ability to improve the weapon. The downside is that it cannot attack at close range. But this unit has bigger stats, the attack stat would be extreme.
  6. Camel Rider. Another type of cavalier. They travel well on the desert. Unlike the other cavaliers, they weld axes. Their special skill they will unlock have the horses fear them, reducing some stats of the horse riders against the camel for the duration of the battle. Their stats, however, are slightly lower than a normal cavalier. Promotes into a Camel Lord or a Mameluke.
  7. Camel Lord. A veteran warrior of a Camel Rider. Uses swords and axes, with heavy defenses and some resistance on the side. They aren't the fastest though.
  8. Mameluke. A special type of camel rider. They may not be able to use axes, but they can use swords and lances. When facing against a horse, the stats of the horse rider decreases even more. They have a decent attack stat and hp, but not the best defense.
  9. Scout Cavalier. Can be obtained from a Cavalier who used a Master Seal. Their stats, however, don't change much, but their speed, skill, and luck have increased by a lot! They may not be the strongest, but they are good for surviving using dodging rates and getting to places faster as it's the fastest unit. It can also obtain the same skill a Trickster can get, ignores accessible terrain disadvantages. Still uses swords and lances.
  10. Longswordsman. Welds swords, similar to the mercenary class. The difference is that they care about defense more. Can promote into a Heavy Swordsman or a champion.
  11. Heavy Swordsman. An experienced Longswordsman that has almost the same defense as a general, but they are much faster and their attack stat are half decent. Unfortunately, they can only weld swords still.
  12. Champion. They are tough swordsman with good defense and attack skills, can weld lances. They are often mistaken as Great Lords.
  13. Soldier. This is not a new class, but this should be a class. Seriously, it should. Can promote into a Skirmisher or General, but as a General, he/she will not get insane defenses like normal, but they are faster.
  14. Skirmisher. A unit that does well with ranged weapons such as javelins and spears. Also gets a skill when they skirmish, like a Risen battle not in the main story line, their stats increase a bit. They are fast units too. They can weld lances and swords, but they seem to be better of with lances.
  15. War Elephants. Cavalier's that have totally changed their mounts. War Elephants are a heavy tanked mount that contains loads of defenses and some resistance, but the downside of a much slower speed and movement. They are related to Raiders, they can also use cause fear too. They can use lances and axes. Sometimes, the elephant attacks long with the tusks, dealing attack stat divided by two.
  16. Gladiator. Gladiators are experienced mercenaries that are partially psycho, with insane attack stats and hp, but they don't seem to have the best defense stats of all the other classes. Welds swords and axes.
  17. Crusader Cavalier. Crusader Cavaliers are proficient cavalier riders that seem to have a lot of resistance, much more than a paladin They're defense stats are fine, and they are fast. They also have a skill called Zeal, as if their weapon was a brave weapon (Brave being like attack twice, four times,). Only uses swords.
  18. Ballistician. They need this class back, nuff' said.
  19. Miners. They are better off whacking minerals then enemies. In some maps, there are gold mines that only they can collect. They can find small bullions, but sometimes, they can find medium sized bullions. Rarely, they can find large ones. Welds axes, but it has their own pickaxe that does not take up inventory space used for mining. Can promote into a driller. Chances of better bullions would be something about the luck stat.
  20. Drillers. Drillers are experienced miners that have a higher luck stat for better chance of minerals. They can fight too, with extreme attack and some defenses, but aren't the fastest units. Welds lances.

So you can either come up with classes or come criticize some.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missionary- Armoured healer with high defence and strength, despite being unarmed.

Promotes to

Crusader- Heavy infantry, slightly faster than armours, and have regular move, but don't have as good caps in Str and Def, wield Swords, Axes, and Staves

Horselord: Basically a Nomad Trooper/Ranger but with no movement penalties on sand and forests and such. Plus really neat armor.

I came up with some class ideas when pondering what A Song of Ice and Fire hack would be like.

Exile: Functions like a Lord but can use staves. Very little attack power and seems kind of weak. Promotes to Dragon Queen. Really broken. Can use swords but also a breath weapon (dragon). (was the idea i had for Daenerys)

Wolf Lord: Again a lot like a Lord but with a really good defense growth. Attacks with a sword and a wolf. (acts a lot like dual strike)
(was the idea i had for Robb Stark)

Black Brother: Uses swords and much like the mercenary class but can move in terrain (think Acrobat skill). Promotes to Watch Ranger which gives bow and axe use.

/shrug

Sounds like the OP is an Age of Empires II fan. A lot of those classes also exist as units in the game. lol But I'm not complaining, that game is awesome.

Anyway, I've created four classes myself for my fic.

Scout - The female version of Ike's Ranger class from PoR (and the starting class of my lord character, Azura). The only real difference is that Scouts specialize more in magic and resistance and have rather poor defense. Otherwise, it's pretty identical to Ike's Ranger. Also promotes to Lord like Ranger Ike.

Noble Lord - A more powerful version of Azura's Lord class (which uses swords and lances in her case). Is most powerful with magical swords and lances.

Wagon - A tanky mounted unit that drives a horse and wagon. They function much like Merlinus in FE7, only they can also attack by ramming their wagons into the enemy. Gains exp by doing either this or handing people items. Gains more by battling, however. They're slow, but tanky and powerful. Can resist even magic pretty well except for fire magic due to being made mostly of wood.

War Wagon - A promoted Wagon. War Wagons have the ability to use bows as well as their ramming attack in battle, but otherwise function the same way as regular Wagons and are still weak to fire magic.

Edited by Anacybele

5d00plt.png

I'm just going to leave this here again

Norse god optional 'cuz they're kinda OP but I want rabbits big enough to ride on

Aahahahahahahaha this is amazing. /thread.

If a future FE had distinguished elemental magical classes (ie. Fire Mage, Wind Sage), then I'd like an Ice Mage class tree.

As it is now, the elements are classified as:

Thunder = Less accuracy, more damage + crit

Fire = Balanced

Wind = More accuracy, less damage

If ice tomes were added, I would change the elements like this:

Fire = Most damage, no crit, average accuracy

Thunder = Average damage, highest crit, low accuracy

Ice = Average damage, average crit, average accuracy

Wind = Least Damage, average crit, highest accuracy.

Growths for an Ice Mage would be an all-around balanced type for casters. Not much specialization except for perhaps stealing Dark Mage's sturdiness.

Theyprobablydon'tdeserveallthatdefensefordressingallskimpylikethat

Jester: Dressed like a court jester. Their skill is "Laugther" and can be used on the ennemies instead of an attack to paralize them for a few turns. Normal human characters get paralized for 2 turns, all other ennemies get paralised for 1 turn. They have a tendancy to make lots of jokes and puns when they talk. They also break the 4th wall quite often. Use axes. Why axes, you may ask? Because that would make them "ax crazy", of course! Hehehehe!

Perhaps a Legionary/Centurion class. They would wield both lances and swords. They could be similar to mercenaries, but slightly slower and slightly more durable.

An extra skill could be named march which gives them extra movements on roads and reduces terrain penalties or something like that.

Ugh i'm bad at this.

Edited by Sasori

If I were to create a class specifically for FE, I'd create the class that I really want to see...

Paraclete. - A holy woman of noble blood, wields staves to heal allies, and Tomes and Slender swords to pierce enemies' defenses. Good Speed, Mag, and Res, but lackluster Str and Skill. Average HP, Def. On foot, no real weakness. Less than average movement cost, counts as magic unit. Wears an elaborate, flowing gown, and exudes grace with every move.

^ Maribelle if the Bride class did this.

Jester: Dressed like a court jester. Their skill is "Laugther" and can be used on the ennemies instead of an attack to paralize them for a few turns. Normal human characters get paralized for 2 turns, all other ennemies get paralised for 1 turn. They have a tendancy to make lots of jokes and puns when they talk. They also break the 4th wall quite often. Use axes. Why axes, you may ask? Because that would make them "ax crazy", of course! Hehehehe!

You scare me O_O

Trickster's new ability: Decoy. Can deploy a decoy once, cooldown is (INSERT NUMBER) turns. It has weak stats, and the enemy will only have to hit the decoy in order to find out that it's a decoy. The Trickster can run away.

Promoted Magic User's ability: Stone. Once in every battle. When you use stone, the enemy cannot move in the next turn, but can still counter attack.

Assassin's new ability: Poison blade. Chance of having the enemy getting poisoned, damage over time. It ignores defenses and resistances, but will never kill the enemy.

Hunter: Promoted from archer. Can set traps, if enemy stands on the trap, will take massive damage. Uses bows and swords.

Blunderbusser: Uses shotgun like weapons. Cannot double, but fires a gun that does nxa damage, where n is damage and a is the number of pellets. Each pellet has the same chance of hitting. Example (not balanced): A blunderbusser can shoot for 8x6, with... let's say 50% accuracy. He averages at 24 damage, but can easily hit for 48 or 0 damage, depending on how the RNG decides to play.

Steamrifler: Durability is clip size (maybe 4/4). It takes a players turn to actively reload, which they can do at anytime. If they have no "durability" at the time of an attack, they cannot attack. 1-2 range. It can be argued that strength plays a role since they can then allow for more steam to build up before firing, but a fixed might is also okay. Maybe gets a bayonet when out of ammo (though it'd be likely low might)

Charger: A promoted mount that has higher movement if moving in a straight line. Let's just say he or she only has 7 move generally, but when moving in a straight line can have 9 (or 10) movement. Maybe rides something awesome like a rhino. Probably uses lances and/or swords

Blinker: A promoted class that has only 6 move, but ignores all terrain (including walls, mountains, oceans). Probably uses daggers.

Smasher: Always attacks second, axe user. But after attacking, shoves opponent one square back. This doesn't happen if opponent is against a wall or other unit, obviously.

Levitator: Wind user. Grants target flying for that turn, including arrow weakness.

Chainer: Uses lightning/electric attacks and can "splash" damage any adjacent enemies. Think of Mutalisks from Starcraft.

Weapon Masters: Similar to Master Knights, have A rank is all physical weapons. Likely a pre-promote. However, low caps so they have to make up with using the more rare and expensive weapons in order to be usable.

Longbowmen: Like archers, but are effective against armor units as a passive skill. This is much like how real longbowmen were. They actually made knights obsolete because of the penetration of their arrows. Perhaps this should actually replace the archer class to make them useful...

Tetsudo: Typical soldier unit, but gains defense (maybe +2) when adjacent to another Tetsudo unit. (Stealing from the Romans, if you hadn't noticed. Would be a pain as an enemy, but a good way to get around the fact they don't abuse supports often.)

And a personal campaign unit: Pope (both genders): Staves okay. Has a two personal staves. One deals 20 damage regardless at range mag/2. The other deals 8 hp in a 2 radius diamond with mag/2 range. Not meant to be perfectly balanced, but serves for a certain fan-fiction I have...

Obviously, these are pretty large mechanic changes. I wouldn't want them all in the same game at the same time! There are a lot of things to toy around with. Simple combinations of weapons are boring~

Edited by monkymeet

hmm

1."conjurer" a mage that uses tome which supports allies stats with its efficiency based on the unit's level, attacks with swords. And can induce random debuffs (sleep,Poison,Berserk,confuse,death)

2."HGL" a jack of all stat unit that used all 3 weapons, bows and had the power to double the pair up stat bonus.

3."magikarp" the unit wears magikarp's costume, the user's exp rate is halved but it's stat cap is doubled.

5d00plt.png

I'm just going to leave this here again

Norse god optional 'cuz they're kinda OP but I want rabbits big enough to ride on

If you animate that, then it will be an eternal part of the FE fanbase.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like the OP is an Age of Empires II fan. A lot of those classes also exist as units in the game. lol But I'm not complaining, that game is awesome.

Anyway, I've created four classes myself for my fic.

Scout - The female version of Ike's Ranger class from PoR (and the starting class of my lord character, Azura). The only real difference is that Scouts specialize more in magic and resistance and have rather poor defense. Otherwise, it's pretty identical to Ike's Ranger. Also promotes to Lord like Ranger Ike.

Noble Lord - A more powerful version of Azura's Lord class (which uses swords and lances in her case). Is most powerful with magical swords and lances.

Wagon - A tanky mounted unit that drives a horse and wagon. They function much like Merlinus in FE7, only they can also attack by ramming their wagons into the enemy. Gains exp by doing either this or handing people items. Gains more by battling, however. They're slow, but tanky and powerful. Can resist even magic pretty well except for fire magic due to being made mostly of wood.

War Wagon - A promoted Wagon. War Wagons have the ability to use bows as well as their ramming attack in battle, but otherwise function the same way as regular Wagons and are still weak to fire magic.

I like the Wagon idea.

Here's some ideas of mine...

Blood Knight - Standalone class that can sacrifice life force for power (ie Cecil from FF4). Uses swords. Has high attack, well-rounded elsewhere, but poor resistance. Can sacrifice HP to increase stats for one turn. Killing an enemy will temporarily boost overall statistics until the next turn (non-stacking).

Gryphon Rider - Like Awakening's, but now a tier 1 of its own branch. Highly mobile fliers that use axes and sit between the speed of pegasus knights and the strength of wyvern knights.

Gryphon Mage - A flying, mounted mage capable of taking the frontlines, promoted from a Gryphon Rider. Their magic may not hit as hard, but they also have axes at their disposal and decent durability.

Gryphon Knight - Promotion from Gryphon Rider. Well-rounded fliers that use both axes and swords. Their gryphons may be used to let out a demoralizing screech to nearby enemies, lowering their defence (sort of the inverse of a rally?).

my idea for a recruit... (low stats class base stat caps are 10 hp and caped at 20) however they can use any weapon type but at E rank (can not use armscrolls). However they still gain weapon exp which can be seen letting them reach D rank wich triggers their promotion to a base class relying on that weapon type that are avalible to the charecters gender would be base class of civilians.

Its tough to think of balenced ones...