Ace Attorney 5

pinkbubblegum

So Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies is on it's way (The localized version's been confirmed to be digital-release only, apparently due to how the previous game sales didn't meet expectation as time passed)

Who else is excited for it? :D

As usual. Nick has a new assistant hoho. Though I do miss Maya and Pearl. Here's hoping they reappear somehow, despite the unlikeliness of that happening...

I'm a bit disappointed that they opted for digital-only, but what else can one do but support the series and hope they reconsider for future releases. Hopefully the unpiratabiity of the 3DS makes them change their minds.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attached the trailer in the first post! His new assistant's abilities sound pretty cool.

Joining Phoenix is the young Attorney Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney Athena Cykes. Athena’s unique ability to psychoanalyse witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena’s ‘Mood Matrix’ players can detect the emotional state of a witness and tell whether they’re surprised, angry, happy or sad. Players can compare these feelings with the statement given by the witness, point out any contradictions between the two and challenge the witness testimony.

(From Court-Records)

inb4 maya is already dead

also does anyone have a feeling phoenix is voiced by troy baker?

Edited by Agro

Justice for All had the best final case in my opinion, but apart from that nothing special...anyway...

I don't mind it being a digital download only, my Fire Emblem is also a digital download copy....

I wonder what happened to Edgeworth though....

I just want to know what happened to Trucy and Apollo...

Although I will miss Maya and Pearl, I like this new assistant! I'm so happy to hear her localized name now. Athena. How cute. I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere...

Although I will miss Maya and Pearl, I like this new assistant! I'm so happy to hear her localized name now. Athena. How cute. I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere...

I think it's her last name. Kind of sounds like psyche? Which sort of matches her ability (A bit of a stretch though, haha.)

I heard that Edgeworth might be coming back (same with Trucy). But there's no real confirmation on it. Here's hoping he shows up again!

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Hope so. I think the case you play him as is a flashback, so hopefully it's as informative as some of our other flashback cases.

But holy cow. That new prosecutor we're getting. I'm actually a bit scared of the guy.

I think it's her last name. Kind of sounds like psyche? Which sort of matches her ability (A bit of a stretch though, haha.)

I heard that Edgeworth might be coming back (same with Trucy). But there's no real confirmation on it. Here's hoping he shows up again!

http://i.imgur.com/PL3nxze.jpg

Also Phoenix is voiced by the guy that did him in MvC, not Troy Baker.

I can't wait for this game; it's been too long since the last mainline AA game.

I'm a bit sad it's digital only; now I can't add it to the shelf next to the other AA games... However it beats being Japan-only, right? X D

I can't wait for this game; it's been too long since the last mainline AA game.

I'm a bit sad it's digital only; now I can't add it to the shelf next to the other AA games... However it beats being Japan-only, right? X D

For sure. I wanted Investigations 2 so badly :<

I'm a bit sad it's digital only;

Asdf. Maaaaan.

Seems like I'm gonna have another one on the import list.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/trial/index.html

Huh... this demo is making me want to go and finish Apollo Justice and get to this one already.

Edit:

KokoneAthenaLETSDOTHIS.png

Oh freaking hell. xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I like her already.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm just glad we're getting it.

Same with Phoenix Wright x Professor Layton, I was terrified that we wouldn't going to get that either, but it appears that we are. Thank goodness.

I don't mind it being digital - my Animal Crossing is probably going to be digital and my Awakening copy is.

Agreed! Apollo Justice is definitely tied for favorite next to Trials and Tribulations. I didn't mind the fact that there were new characters - they were just as lovable and creative as the first trilogy's.

Uwah. The demo's in Japanese, I don't know what I'm doing~ :cry:

Well, I'll wing it. My lack of knowledge will not hinder me!

Do the models even have legs?

To be honest, I'm more interested in what happened to Iris than Maya. There's no way she can still be in prison after how ever many years it's been.

Same! I really hope I see Iris - she was one of my favorite characters ever.

So playing through the demo... kind of.

Apollo! Oh, god, that look on his face after he's been introduced and is talking to Phoenix. Agh. What a emotional whiplash.

And I've taken a real shining to Athena/Kizuki. I love that smirk on her face as she pounds her fist into her other hand.

Whoa. Stop the presses guys.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/15/first-look-at-miles-edgeworth-in-ace-attorney-dual-destinies/

My body was SO not ready.

Edited by Vashiane