• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick list of what I've found to be the best... Male MU.

Before any arguments: I did this with a set similar. [This be the slightly improved version.]

Parent Pairings:

Chrom/Olivia
MaMU/Lucina [Aether/Luna/Ignis]

Libra/Lissa
Donnel/Sully

Gregor/Miriel*

Henry/Sumia

Ricken/Maribelle

Frederick/Panne
Lon'qu/Cordelia [Yes, Lon'qu. Severa needs Breakers and the SPD.]
Stahl/Nowi*

Gaius/Tharja
Vaike/Cherche [Yes, Vaike. Gerome needs 'zerker.]

[*-Not used in aforementioned. These are part of the improvements. Either way, Nah'd still be benched. Her mother's -SPD kills her, and no father, not even MU can save her.]

Child Pairings/Combat only:

Chrom-Maribelle [so Olivia is free to run around dancing, and Chrom has a Nuke attached to his Double Bow. Maribelle > Sumia for this purpose]

Ike - DLC!Roy [Roy is 10% better at doing his job than Yarne, and 1% better than Marth]

Inigo/Morgan
Owain/Cynthia
Brady/Kjelle

Laurent/Noire

Yarne/Nah [Doesn't exactly matter. Both'd be benched anyways]
Gerome/Severa [Anyone who disagrees has to answer to Lancekiller]

Been a while since I posted here last...

Anyway. Since my last post I have revised my pairings, and in betwee I learned that using a FeMU would completely screw up my plans. So here's my revised pair list:

MMU X Tharja (This hasn't changed, plus I quite like Dark Mage Morgan and Noire with Ignis)

Sumia x Chrom (OTP)

Vaike X Panne (Hoping for a powerful Yarne from this)

Gregor X Maribelle (Unchanged from last playthrough, intention is to make a War Monk Brady to replace Libra)

Donnel X Lissa (I reclassed Donny into a Mercenary, hoping he'll pass on Armsthrift. Didn't have the patience to wait for him to get Underdog though)

Lon'Qu x Nowi (Not sure what kind of Nah this'll produce)

Pairings I may not actually do:

Frederick X Cherche (This'd be my first Cherche pairing.)

Just for reference, here's my intended team:

MMU (Grandmaster)

Lissa (Sage or Valkyrie)

Morgan (Sorcerer)

Cynthia (Dark Flier)

Yarne (leaving him as a Taguel)

Nah (leaving her as a Manakete)

Brady (War Monk)

Owain (Swordmaster, maybe dabbling in Assassin for Lethality and Pass)

Donnel (Bow Knight)

Noire (Sniper)

I don't have any intention of marrying off any of the others.

Knight's cool to have on Nah or Severa, and Donnel gives all that and more.

Yeah but no assassin OR BLOND HAIR

MMU X Tharja (This hasn't changed, plus I quite like Dark Mage Morgan and Noire with Ignis)

Sumia x Chrom (OTP)

Vaike X Panne (Hoping for a powerful Yarne from this)

Gregor X Maribelle (Unchanged from last playthrough, intention is to make a War Monk Brady to replace Libra)

Donnel X Lissa (I reclassed Donny into a Mercenary, hoping he'll pass on Armsthrift. Didn't have the patience to wait for him to get Underdog though)

Lon'Qu x Nowi (Not sure what kind of Nah this'll produce)

If these are the only pairings you want to do, you can optimize a bit. I won't touch Avatar or Chrom.

Stahl x Panne: 1 less str/spd, but Yarne is already fast, and this gives him Luna & some -faires.

Gaius x Nowi: 1 less spd compared to Lon'qu, but adds Sol and Galeforce.

I'd probably switch Donnel/Gregor but there's nothing wrong with what you have.

Edited by Meteor

Hi! I want to make a new file on my game, on Lunatic Difficulty, but on Casual Mode.

Anyway, I wanted to ask your guys's expert opinion things on who should pair with who. I already mostly completed the game on Normal Difficulty on Casual Mode, and I made a couple of pairings. Pretty much all of them though, it just happened, ya know?

On my first, only, and main (so far) game file, (Normal Difficulty, Casual Mode) I have:

Chrom X Generic Village Girl

Stahl X Sully

Henry X Tharja

Gregor X Panne

My Unit X Miriel

Donnel X Nowi

Can you guys tell me how good these pairings are?

Also I also want to know who's good to pair with who?

I hope that this isn't to confusing. I just want someone to help me out with this. I'm so nervous...

Edited by Shiny Shinx

Those first 3 pairs are among the worst possible. Donnel x Nowi is also pretty poor. This is the usually suggested setup, and you can tinker from there.

Chrom x Olivia

Sumia x Henry

Cordelia x Stahl

Sully x Donnel

Gaius x Tharja

Nowi x Vaike

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Lon'qu *1

Miriel x Gregor *1

Panne x Frederick *2

Cherche x Kellam *2

Those last 4 can pretty easily swap with the other similar number.

Those first 3 pairs are among the worst possible. Donnel x Nowi is also pretty poor. This is the usually suggested setup, and you can tinker from there.

Chrom x Olivia

Sumia x Henry

Cordelia x Stahl

Sully x Donnel

Gaius x Tharja

Nowi x Vaike

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Lon'qu *1

Miriel x Gregor *1

Panne x Frederick *2

Cherche x Kellam *2

Those last 4 can pretty easily swap with the other similar number.

I don't mean to offend you or anything, but can you tell me why those ones are good pacifically?

I'm new to the series so I don't really know why those are good 'cause of reclassing and stuff, you know what I mean?

Also, can you tell me why the Stahl X Sully, Henry X Tharja, and Donnel X Nowi pairings are bad?

Still nervous...

Edited by Shiny Shinx

I don't mean to offend you or anything, but can you tell me why those ones are good pacifically?

I'm new to the series so I don't really know why those are good 'cause of reclassing and stuff, you know what I mean?

Also, can you tell me why the Stahl X Sully, Henry X Tharja, and Donnel X Nowi pairings are bad?

Still nervous...

Stahl x Sully: The only new class kjelle gets is archer, which is bad. Also wastes Stahl, since many kids want his Myrmidon + cavalier combo. I recommend marrying Sully to Donnel or Vaike. Henry x Tharja: Noire don't get anything notable class. Marry Tharja to Gaius or Donnel. Donnel x Nowi is decent, but Nah Speed will be abysmal. I'd marry her to gaius or vaike.

I don't mean to offend you or anything, but can you tell me why those ones are good specifically?

Still nervous...

In the current metagame (or whatever you want to call it), there are certain combinations of skills that work very well for clearing out enemies. Those would be, for the most part, Luna+Galeforce (High Power+Mobility), and Vantage+Vengeance (Safely and effectively take out enemies on the Enemy Phase). Other skills of note are the -faires (more power), the -breakers (for going up against certain enemies, like using Lancebreaker on Anna), Aether (stack it on Luna for more Luna, but Chrom/Lucina/Lucina's sister/daughter only), Aggressor (more power), and Dual Strike+ (Lucina/Chrom only, but you can get 100% Dual Strike).

As such, your pairings are suboptimal because they don't optimize for those resources. Stahl/Sully wastes Luna and Vantage (with opportunity cost of Kjelle not getting Galeforce and Stahl not going somewhere better), Henry/Tharja wastes Vengeance (same opportunity cost as Kjelle), and Donnel/Nowi wastes Galeforce (because Donnel could have gone to Kjelle or Noire instead, for Luna+Galeforce).

So, an optimal list would generally try to satisfy the needs for each kid. Which would probably follow this sort of priority:

Lucina wants Galeforce.

Kjelle and Noire also want Galeforce, but they have to get them from a male (Donnel, Gaius, MaMU though MaMU's suboptimal).

Brady and Cynthia don't really care, since they start out with Luna and Galeforce (and get Tomefaire as well).

Owain and Inigo want a proc (since they start out with Vantage and Galeforce), so either Luna or Vengeance.

Severa can take fathers who give either Luna or Vantage (since she starts with Galeforce and Vengeance).

Laurent wants Vantage (to combo with Vengeance).

Yarne and Gerome are considered hard-supports, since they can't get LG/VV, so usually they take a setup with a -faire/Aggressor/Breakers/maybe Dual Guard+. So pick fathers who can give that sort of build. Still considered meh.

Nah... usually people just give her Vaike, Frederick, or Kellam and let her be a Manakete, or sometimes Hero when it's Vaike. It's... alright, but LG/VV's considered more efficient. Nowadays most people just don't even use her.

3rd-gen Male Morgan has to exist. (For a Luna+Galeforce+Aggressor+-faire unit with absurd stats.)

For usual parents given in optimal scenarios, well...

Lucina absolutely should get either Maribelle, Sumia, or Olivia.

Cynthia really should get either Chrom or Henry. Frederick can go here, but he's not doing Cynthia any favors except maybe for Lancebreaker. Meh.

Brady don't care, but Henry and Lon'qu are pretty common.

Severa typically gets Lon'qu or Stahl, though I'll throw in Vaike (for an Axefaire Hero that hits like a goddamn brick) and Ricken (for a second Cynthia). Frederick and Kellam also are alright here.

Owain usually gets Ricken or Libra/Henry. Stahl ocassionally.

Inigo should get Libra or Chrom, though this is also a pretty good spot to toss Ricken or Stahl in, and Kellam and Frederick are alright.

Laurent usually get Gregor or Lon'qu, though Stahl's not unheard of.

Kjelle mostly gets Donnel and occasionally Gaius, because the latter's Vantage-inefficient.

Noire mostly gets Gaius and occasionally Donnel. See above.

Gerome usually takes Vaike/Gregor/Henry for Axefaire.

Yarne and Nah just take whatever's left that seems decent.

Edited by Canto

You know what's funny? I've seen people use Libra!Inigo as a physical attacker.

And try to follow this:

Lucina- Sumia, Olivia, Maribelle.

Owain- Ricken, Libra, Henry.

Inigo- Chrom, Libra, Stahl, Frederick.

Brady- Anyone, but Lon'qu, Henry, Gregor and Virion are used often.

Kjelle- Donnel, Gaius, Vaike.

Cynthia- A father.

Severa- Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu.

Gerome- Stahl, Frederick, Gregor, Henry, Ricken, Kellam, Vaike (He wants Bowfaire for a warrior, or otherwise someone defensive or offensive).

Morgan- A parent.

Yarne- Stahl, Virion, Ricken, Frederick, Kellam.

Laurent- Vantage (Preferably Gregor or Lon'qu).

Noire- Gaius, Donnel.

Nowi- Gaius, Vaike (Donny's okay, but he is way better elsewhere).

Edited by Duck

What should a Henry!Owain get upon inheritance from Henry if he is to be a Dread Fighter?

Doesn't matter what Henry passes, though I'd recommend Vengeance because Henry can get that easily. Lissa needs to pass Galeforce.

So, something like:

Vantage

Vengeance

Aggressor/-faire

Galeforce

Limit Breaker

Though to be honest, Dread Fighter's kinda meh. Well, at least you get two-three weapons to switch between, but at the very least switch back to Celica's during the enemy phase. Hybrid weapons aren't really much of a perk, though.

Isnt Ricken!Owain better than Henry!Owain?

It depends on whether you want a Vengeance/Vantage/Galeforce user or a Luna/Galeforce user, who his partner is, and what your preferences are. Luna is no-maintenance, and adds an adequate amount of damage for Apo. Vengeance is higher maintenance (getting under half health) but has higher damage potential, and Vantage+Vengeance = enemy phase enemies except for the few guys with Counter get wiped in the first six strikes.

However, I personally wouldn't pair two Vantage+Vengeance users together, just because an LG user usually has more slots for -faires/AS+2 to increase damage with in dual strikes.

Doesn't matter what Henry passes, though I'd recommend Vengeance because Henry can get that easily. Lissa needs to pass Galeforce.

So, something like:

Vantage

Vengeance

Aggressor/-faire

Galeforce

Limit Breaker

Though to be honest, Dread Fighter's kinda meh. Well, at least you get two-three weapons to switch between, but at the very least switch back to Celica's during the enemy phase. Hybrid weapons aren't really much of a perk, though.

So would a Sage be a better class? Or a Swordmaster?

...This is kind of a random thought I had, but Henry would literally go from being one of the worst parents in the game to one of the best if he had Myrmidon instead of Thief.

Dat VV right?

Dat VV right?

Pretty much. It'd make Nah a heck of a lot less useless (becomes Laurent minus Aggressor plus Troubadour), Brady and Cynthia could finally get VV, you could probably get a pretty comical hybrid Gerome who switches between Axefaire Berserker and VV Sage, and he wouldn't be at all terrible on Yarne, Severa, Noire and Laurent. Henry!Owain/Inigo are the same as usual.

Thinking about it, I think a Henry with Myrmidon would probably be even better than Stahl.

Edited by Canto

Tharja x Ricken!Noire

Male MU x Noire!Morgan

Cherche x Frederick!Gerome

Nowi x Kellam!Nah

Miriel x Gregor!Laurent

Cordelia x Stahl!Severa

Sumia x Henry!Cynthia

Lissa x Libra!Owain

Sully x Vaike!Kjelle

Olivia x Chrom!Inigo

Chrom x Olivia!Lucina

Maribelle x Lon'qu!Brady

Panne x Gaius!Yarne

Rate my pairings please. I'm going with a +mag/-luck or +mag/-def avatar. Also, between the children, I'm thinking of doing Morgan x Owain and have Owain be a sage

Tharja x Ricken!Noire This is a glaring problem. It wastes Ricken's luna. I know you want to marry Noire to make a magic Morgan, but it would be way better if you just married Tharja instead.

Male MU x Noire!Morgan See above.

Cherche x Frederick!Gerome Cool, but may want a father with archer.

Nowi x Kellam!Nah No. You want Gaius or Vaike unless +Def Avatar.

Miriel x Gregor!Laurent Perfect.

Cordelia x Stahl!Severa Perfect.

Sumia x Henry!Cynthia Perfect.

Lissa x Libra!Owain This works, but Ricken is another amazing choice.

Sully x Vaike!Kjelle Donnel. Donnel. Donnel.

Olivia x Chrom!Inigo Perfect.

Chrom x Olivia!Lucina

Maribelle x Lon'qu!Brady Great.

Panne x Gaius!Yarne No. Yarne wants Bowfaire to be a warrior.

Rate my pairings please. I'm going with a +mag/-luck or +mag/-def avatar. Also, between the children, I'm thinking of doing Morgan x Owain and have Owain be a sage

Thoughts are above.