• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not very much into making units like Stahl!Gerome into sages, honestly. Doesn't seem optimal.

Eh, Gerome can pretty much go two ways: abuse Vantage with Sage or straight-up hard support. I prefer the former, but YMMV. If you don't care for that, just make him a Paladin/Assassin/whatever and pair him with Kjelle in one of her many physical classes.

the other one makes everyone magical. :)

I mean, Henry!Owain, Libra!Inigo, Gregor!Laurent, and to some extent Lon'qu!Brady and Lon'qu!Brady!Morgan are all pretty much asking for magic partners, so...

what is this even about?

Duck complains about magic Inigo. A lot.

Edited by Canto

Okay, yeah, I just thought that magical Stahl!Gerome was wasting Str+6/ Mag+0. But maybe I'm caring too much about stats?

Nah, Stahl!Gerome's good at the physical hard-support schtick. If you prefer that, just stick him in a class that you like that has decent pair-up bonuses and glue him to Kjelle's ass. (Just because Kjelle's the least magically-oriented of the females.)

You know you don't need that many magic users, right? Also, Libra!Inigo is outclassed massively by Gregor!Laurent. He might as well go physical.

One of them has galeforce. The one with galeforce is better. Gregor!Laurent has literally nothing over Libra!Inigo. Like, nothing at all.

Can you like, not? Seriously?

I meant to use a different parent. I worded it weirdly.

Duck complains about magic Inigo. A lot.

Well, let's see:

Hero is my favorite class.

Inigo is my favorite child.

I really don't like using Libra in general.

Using all magic everyone isn't even necessary.

I despise and completely loathe sorcerers.

Those are my reasons for hating magic Inigo. I feel like he can do better. And just, if you're wondering, the pairings in my sig are outdated, so it's not completely bias. Also, I like having some diversity. I hate having Sage, Sage, Sage, Sage, Sage.

But enough of that crap.

And my original setup had an equal number of magical/physical characters of each gender?

Really? I saw it as:

Magic

Magic

Magic

Magic

Physical

Magic

Magic

Physical

Physical

Magic

Magic

Physical

Magic

You know? I think I'm going to stop talking.

Well, let's see:

Hero is my favorite class.

Inigo is my favorite child.

I really don't like using Libra in general.

Using all magic everyone isn't even necessary.

I despise and completely loathe sorcerers.

Those are my reasons for hating magic Inigo. I feel like he can do better. And just, if you're wondering, the pairings in my sig are outdated, so it's not completely bias. Also, I like having some diversity. I hate having Sage, Sage, Sage, Sage, Sage.

But enough of that crap.

Hey, guess what? That's perfectly fine. What you do and what you prefer on your files is your own business.

You know what's not fine? Telling people that pairings are bad because you don't like them. It's both petty and it's incredibly disingenuous.

Edited by Canto

I never told him it was bad. I told him that the number of mages he had wasn't necessary. But I worded it stupidly, so for that I apologize.

I was more referring to

Also, Libra!Inigo is outclassed massively by Gregor!Laurent. He might as well go physical.

When they are literally the same thing except one has Galeforce (and War Monk, I guess) and the other doesn't. >_>

Huh. People have agreed with me on that point before. I guess I was referring to Laurent's massive magic. But when it comes to sorcerers, I am uneducated, so just ignore me.

And on a more relevant topic, my updated pairings:

Chrom x Olivia

Libra x Lissa

Gregor x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Henry x Sumia

Vaike x Cordelia

Stahl x Cherche

Virion x Panne

Lon'qu x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Likely to be used for L+ and some Apo challenges, like no LB.

Edited by Duck

Really? I saw it as:

Magic

Magic

Magic

Magic

Physical

Magic

Magic

Physical

Physical

Magic

Magic

Physical

Magic

You know? I think I'm going to stop talking.

I mean, that setups had 2 male physical units, 2 female physical units, and 5 male and 5 female magical ones. That's what I meant. So I don't see any point in changing any of that based just on wanting more even pairs. Or am I missing something?

You know what's not fine? Telling people that pairings are bad because you don't like them. It's both petty and it's incredibly disingenuous.

I-R-O-N-Y. :P

Frederick and Sumia's mods clash for the most part, with Skl (+5) and Mag (-1) being the only ones that aren't in the +1 to 2 range. Paladin is nice for the class, but Cynthia could get it from Chrom (or just stay Pegasus). Wyvern is Fred's other offering but it's not particularly useful since it's a pretty weak final class and Sumia already passes down a fantastic skillset.

Any Cynthia is a good Cynthia, but Frederick is her worst dad.

Guess who accidentally deleted their main file, with relatively optimized pairings, everyone fully trained with Limit Break, and all supports obtained! (Here's a hint. It was me.) OK, it actually happened a couple of weeks ago but I've been super busy for the past however long it's been.

Anyway, I'm going to do a run where I reoptimize those pairings, although I'm going to keep most of my preferred (if iffy) ones, based on how much I liked how they performed for me. (Lon'qu!Laurent and Gregor!Yarne) I am going to do a few changes, so I just want to make sure that my justifications sound good.

So, here's what I had and what I think I'll change. General goal is to maximize Galeforce and give the kids a good variety of options class-wise:

Chrom/Olivia

Lissa/Ricken

Sully/Donnel

Miriel/Lon'qu

Sumia/Henry

Maribelle/Libra -> Maribelle/Virion

Panne/Gregor

Cordelia/Stahl

Nowi/Gaius

Cherche/Frederick -> Cherche/Kellam

Maribelle/Virion is basically trading Sorcerer access for more speed/skill and Wyvern. (Archer not so much, but Galeforce/Luna Longbow Sniper is a thing he could do) I did Libra!Brady on the basis of possibly making him an extra Galeforce Mire abuser for some maps with Aggressor on top of that, but in practice I basically just made him a Sage all the time. Virion still lets me do that, only he gives Deliverer on top of that for extra movement to make up for no Miring things anymore, along with a handful of breakers which might come in handy for things like Rogues and Redeemers. I'm gonna miss that blonde hair though so I'm still figuring it out.

Cherche/Kellam I'm going to have to argue for though, since it seems to be generally accepted that it's a worse Frederick!Gerome while I'm not really sure about that assertion. At its core, it just trades Aegis for Thief since both parents waste an inheritance on Gerome. Gerome's stat spread is still bulky and slow, but he also gets 2 more magic, meaning the route of support Sage is much more open to him, and he gets Trickster from Kellam, which is probably better than Sage since it gives speed and movement on top of magic. I know Trickster isn't the best support option due to its low strength, but Kellam!Gerome's +5 modifier certainly makes up for it.

On top of Trickster, Thief still gives him a viable physical support class in Assassin, and a weapon type that gets around WTD, granted Gerome's always been able to do that because he has all 3 physical breakers. Gerome can also taxi people around better with stuff like Movement+1/Pass/Acrobat. Things like Locktouch and Quick Burn/Lucky 7 also makes him handy in the main game and in some DLC too, so there's that.

Cherche/Kellam I'm going to have to argue for though, since it seems to be generally accepted that it's a worse Frederick!Gerome while I'm not really sure about that assertion. At its core, it just trades Aegis for Thief since both parents waste an inheritance on Gerome. Gerome's stat spread is still bulky and slow, but he also gets 2 more magic, meaning the route of support Sage is much more open to him, and he gets Trickster from Kellam, which is probably better than Sage since it gives speed and movement on top of magic. I know Trickster isn't the best support option due to its low strength, but Kellam!Gerome's +5 modifier certainly makes up for it.

On top of Trickster, Thief still gives him a viable physical support class in Assassin, and a weapon type that gets around WTD, granted Gerome's always been able to do that because he has all 3 physical breakers. Gerome can also taxi people around better with stuff like Movement+1/Pass/Acrobat. Things like Locktouch and Quick Burn/Lucky 7 also makes him handy in the main game and in some DLC too, so there's that.

Your others look good. I'd like to suggest Dread Fighter as a viable support option for Gerome's class. I've used Kellam!Gerome before, and it was quite good as a Dread Fighter support for Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia.

Your others look good. I'd like to suggest Dread Fighter as a viable support option for Gerome's class. I've used Kellam!Gerome before, and it was quite good as a Dread Fighter support for Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia.

Oh, I'm not going into that blind. I've used Kellam!Gerome a couple of times too and he usually turns out great. I'm just trying to justify for myself whether gaining Thief is worth losing Aegis. Compared to most of the other kids, Gerome really likes Aegis if he's going Wyvern (and chances are he will most of the time just 'cause that's how I roll) and it's better than Resistance+10 for him because it deals with his bow weakness as well. On the other hand, Thief gives him a lot more to play with support-wise, and makes him a lot better at that job than what I've experienced with Fred!Gerome. It's basically better frontliner/worse support vs. worse frontliner/better support, and I'm not sure how big the difference would be between both since they're similar in a lot of ways.

Edited by HeoandReo

Need help with some parings for a Lunatic run. Plan on doing Secret Apotheosis with these kids. Final class, what I have for the skill set and pair up partner will be given.

Aversa!FeMorganxRicken!Owain
(Both will be Galeforcing so they can both take lead.)

MMuxAversa

+Speed -HP

Aversa!FeMorgan @ Dark Flier

Galeforce

Luna

Ignis

Armsthrift
LB

Ricken!Owain @ Dread Fighter

Galeforce

Luna

Tomefaire/Aggressor

Dual Guard+

LB

~~~

Gauis!NahxKellam!Laurent

(Nah will take lead for the most part while Laurent will lead only if I need another heal or rescue.)

Gauis!Nah @ Dark Flier

Galeforce

Deliverer

Pass/Vantage

Tomefaire

LB

Kellam!Laurent @ Sage

Tomefaire

Dual Support +

Luna

Dual Guard +

LB

~~~

Fredrick!GeromexDonnel!Noire

Noire will be taking lead for the most part. Want her as a Bow Knight so she can get over Aegis and Pavise but I'm not sure of her final class yet. Gerome will be full on support but he'll be a big help when getting over one of the starting War Clerics.

Donnel!Noire @ Bow Knight

Galeforce

Luna

Bowfaire

Armsthrift

LB

Fredrick!Gerome @ Wyvern Lord

Dual Guard+

Deliverer
Lancebreaker

Dual Support+

LB

~~~

Chrom!InigoxHenry!Cynthia

Both will be switching between lead but Cynthina will be more supportive than Inigo.

Chrom!Inigo @ Hero

Galeforce

Luna

Armsthrift

Axefaire

LB

Henry!Cynthia @ Falcon Knight

Galeforce

Dual Guard+
Lancefaire

Luna

LB

~~~

Stahl!SeveraxGregor!Brady

Severa will be taking lead.

Stahl!Severa @ Hero

Galeforce

Armsthrift

Luna

Pavise

LB

Gregor!Brady @ Paladin

Galeforce

Luna

Dual Guard+

Swordfaire

LB

Don't care about Yarne which means I won't be using Kjelle

I don't bother with Vaike so please, no one suggest him for a father for anyone.

As for the rest of the team...

Sumia @ Falcon Knight x Cordelia @ Dark Flier

Sumia

Galeforce

Luna

Lancefaire

Dual Gaurd+

LB

Cordelia

Galeforce

Sol

Armsthrift

Iote's Shield

LB

Lon'qu @ Swordmaster x Cherche @ War Cleric

Lon'qu

Astra

Lancebreaker

Swordfaire

Deliver

LB

Cherche

Healtouch

Dual Support+

Deliver

Rally Heart

LB

Chrom @ Great Lord x Olivia @ Swordmaster

MMu @ Grandmaster x Lissa @ Valkyrie

Henry @ Dark Knight x Maribelle @ Valkyrie

Only set on the first two Gen 1 parings for Secret Apo. Don't know about the rest...

Oh, I have access to all DLC skills so yeah...

Any help is appreciated.

Brady should be magical.

Inigo should not be supporting Cynthia.

Cynthia should be a Dark Flier.

Olivia should be Dancer, Chrom can pair up with an A support Sumia.

Lon'qu should be Wyvern Lord.

Sumia should also be a Dark Flier. If that changes Cordelia, she can be Hero or Falcoknight, but she's fine with them both as DFs.

Lon'qu should marry Miriel.

Gerome should be Paladin.

Noire should be Dark Flier.

Owain should be Sage, but DF is okay.

Yarne should used, I prefer Virion as the father for Bowfaire!Warrior.

Kjelle should be used, but have Donnel as the father. Move Gaius to Tharja, and MaMU to Nowi. Give him a MAG asset if both Morgs and Nah are to be Dark Fliers.

As for child pairings, pair up who gives the best support boosts. Sages should be with Dark Fliers, Heros with Paladins, etc. Hope this helps a bit.

@HeoandReo if you're partial to original classes, I hope you at least considered Vaike!Severa + Stahl!Gerome. Ricken!Gerome (Aegis and Bowbreaker for Wyvern; Bowfaire and DG+ for BK) + Libra!Owain could work too.

@HeoandReo if you're partial to original classes, I hope you at least considered Vaike!Severa + Stahl!Gerome. Ricken!Gerome (Aegis and Bowbreaker for Wyvern; Bowfaire and DG+ for BK) + Libra!Owain could work too.

I'm not really picky on canon classes, so that's not why I'm partial to Wyvern Lord Gerome. I used it mostly because flight and movement was useful a lot of the time and the pair up bonuses were alright. (Besides I'm doing Stahl!Gerome and Vaike!Severa on another file, so I can see how that works on its own.) Fred!Gerome in that game usually pulled as a Pavise/Aegis/Sol tank if he's fronting, or as a Deliverer Paladin who parks someone (usually Kjelle, his wife) somewhere if he's backlining and sometimes hits things with Brave Lances/Axes/Swords/whatever.

Kellam!Gerome in comparison loses Aegis so tanking is a little worse. He could do Hero pretty well though and still gets crazy defenses so it's not all bad. The lower movement of Assassin/Trickster might be a dealbreaker though. Deliverer/Movement+1 on an Assassin/Trickster gets 9, but Deliverer Paladin still gets 10 so if Kellam!Gerome wants to move further, he'll have to be in a class that doesn't give speed for pair up. (Wyvern or Griffon, but lolgriffon and I ain't gonna waste Boots on him either.) On the other hand I could trade 1 less movement for 1-2 more speed on a pair up, but I'm inclined to think that the former's more important to me so now I'm torn again.

Edited by HeoandReo

If you really value movement, Bow Knight access would be ideal. But with Virion being taken and hard to replace since Lon'qu is locked to Laurent, only Stahl and Ricken are left. Well technically Donnel and Gregor work too but the former is GF inefficient and the latter is locked.

If you really value movement, Bow Knight access would be ideal. But with Virion being taken and hard to replace since Lon'qu is locked to Laurent, only Stahl and Ricken are left. Well technically Donnel and Gregor work too but the former is GF inefficient and the latter is locked.

Well, I could probably get away with lower movement on Gerome, considering I'm aiming to maximize Galeforce and Kjelle gets Deliverer from her mom automatically. Gerome's job isn't really to move a lot anyway, basically just to park on a spot and let his partner take care of everything. (And sometimes switch in front if there's some tanking that needs to be done) Movement is more for him to be able to get to a particular spot, rather than boost his partner.

Virion!Gerome is interesting, but it hurts his frontlining capability compared to Fred or Kellam and I tend to go for kids who can do both front and back pretty well. (Not specifically for certain maps because that would require lots of rearranging and some weird setups, but good enough for basically anything ingame and for Streetpass.)