I was thinking of putting a Staffbot with Hex and Anathema next to Thronie so that Libra!Owain paired to Sumia!Lucina can get 99% Hit. Is there any reason why this strategy wouldn't work?

The alternative is making Lucina a hard lead with Ricken!Laurent, which works, but I don't really have anything good to do with Owain if I do that.

Auraing Thronie's a thing, yes. [bear in mind, 99 Hit still has a 0.01% failure rate in True hit]

Speaking of, just killed him. Didn't do that.

...But Morgan threw an Aether at him. It was awesome.

...But, I'm starting to doubt Laurent. Nah keeps Dual Guarding left and right, and Laurent keeps failing to get to <50%, therefore fails to crit, therefore fails to do killer damage.

Edited by Airship Canon

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of putting a Staffbot with Hex and Anathema next to Thronie so that Libra!Owain paired to Sumia!Lucina can get 99% Hit. Is there any reason why this strategy wouldn't work?

You have to be careful to actually kill him (or have enough staffbots to bail if you fail), because he has Counter and hits like a truck. But if you know it's safe, this is a very effective tactic. It can be used on any enemy, but the ones on the Throne are the only ones it makes a big difference on.

You have to be careful to actually kill him (or have enough staffbots to bail if you fail), because he has Counter and hits like a truck. But if you know it's safe, this is a very effective tactic. It can be used on any enemy, but the ones on the Throne are the only ones it makes a big difference on.

Invincisorcs as well. [but you could bring Hex/Anath on your support and melee that guy]

Edit: Did the same thing again. Started writing this before Czar's last post.

I could fix that last 1% with Henry!Owain. Probably worth it since failure to kill means dead Staffbot, and he was just going to go to Brady, who shouldn't mind 1 less Skill too much.

If I were to use Laurent in spite of his apparent inability to crit, I could change Donnel!Noire's husband from Stahl!Inigo to Owain, Lon'qu!Severa's husband from Vaike!Gerome to Stahl!Inigo, and (Bench) Kellam!Nah's husband from Ricken!Laurent to Vaike!Gerome. Inigo would make a good Berserker support, although that means dropping a GF.

Is Donnel!Noire x Libra/Henry!Owain a good pair? I could use Bride x Sage. What I'm wondering is how it compares to Donnel!Noire x Stahl!Inigo (for them I was going to use General x Assassin). The Noire pair is the one that seems the easiest to screw up. I have a pair of Boots set aside for either Noire or her husband so Mov isn't an issue.

Thank you!

Edited by isetrh

Taking a breather on Final wave.

Turn 1 opened with killing LHS Invincisorc and really denting both zerks.

Turn 2 was finishing things off and pressing south.

If I were to use Laurent in spite of his apparent inability to crit,

If that's in reference to me, that's just a quirk going on/RNG hating my soul.

Laurent is running a "Healthy" 71-81% Critical in SR Apoth when he gets Wrath up, but Nah's not letting him take damage.

A point, Laurent crit the Nightmare Sniper redux to death [after Owain beat the crud out of him], finally making a comeback from his streak of "NAH STOP DUALGUARDING DAMMIT".

...I actually am pressuring down this about as quickly as a "Normal" run, which is somewhat sad all things considered.

I could fix that last 1% with Henry!Owain. Probably worth it since failure to kill means dead Staffbot, and he was just going to go to Brady, who shouldn't mind 1 less Skill too much.

A much simpler fix: put Charm on your Staffbot. There are several Spotpass/DLC characters that come with it (Minerva and DLC!Elincia off the top of my head, I know there's at least one other female with it). Even if you're attacking the target at 2 range and aren't standing adjacent to the staffbot, it'll still reach you.

...I actually am pressuring down this about as quickly as a "Normal" run, which is somewhat sad all things considered.

Does this mean we're likely to get a video?

Does this mean we're likely to get a video?

Victory.

Video's gonna be like tomorrow.

I decided on 1 run, since I got the camera quick.

PS. Charm Staffers [No DLC]: Minerva, Nanna, Raquesis if you want females.

(I coincidentally used all 3)

...And comparing teams, the one used here is /significantly/ better than the one used last year.

There were some "Interesting" moments [Wave 2 had a severe tactical error that ultimately lead to Raquesis getting a kill, Wave 4 drove me batty with failed dual strikes, Lucina got dealt "WORST CASE SCENARIO" dealing precisely 79 damage to Invincisorc trash-- giving the bugger full power vengeance], but otherwise it was really smooth and somewhat surprisingly easy.

A much simpler fix: put Charm on your Staffbot. There are several Spotpass/DLC characters that come with it (Minerva and DLC!Elincia off the top of my head, I know there's at least one other female with it). Even if you're attacking the target at 2 range and aren't standing adjacent to the staffbot, it'll still reach you.

Would a good set be Valkyrie with Valflame and Acrobat/Mov+1/Charm/Hex/Anathema?

The only reason I chose Henry!Brady and Libra!Owain was to give Cynthia, the weaker sister, the slightly stronger support. Switching dads is not a big deal at all if it affects thresholds.

Edit: Actually I think I should go with Libra!Brady and Henry!Owain either way. If I'm calculating right, regardless of LB, Rallies, (Dark Flier) pair-up, etc., Owain benefits more from Henry than Brady does. Libra!Owain and Henry!Owain have a difference of 2 Hit while Libra!Brady and Henry!Brady have a difference of 1 Hit.

Edited by isetrh

Thanks, but I'm not sure I need Despoil. I already have a bunch of guys who can get it, and Golden Gaffe is a more efficient way to grind money anyway.

I feel like you're trying to sell me on Henry!Brady. Is there something I'm overlooking that makes Brady more worthy than Owain?

Edited by isetrh

I think I might go with Henry!Owain and Libra!Maribelle mostly for the supports.

Another idea I had was to make Nah into a skirmisher after all. I could use the build I previously planned.

Henry!Nah @ Valkyrie

LB/TF/Vengeance/Wrath/Anathema

Lon'qu!Brady @ Sage

LB/GF/Agg/TF/Luna

This would require a few minor changes to the rest of the team and one major one. Virion!Severa @ Wyvern Lord instead of Lon'qu!Severa. Chrom!Cynthia x Libra!Owain instead of Libra!Brady. Frederick!Inigo instead of Stahl!Inigo if I want to maximize pairs that can support (Stahl x Kellam). The major one is that Sumia!Lucina would marry Ricken!Laurent instead of Owain.

Contrary to what I believed however many weeks ago, it seems that I can marry Nah to a Galeboy without harming the rest of my team. I still am not sure it's worth it, since this team runs into deployment issues and Nah seems very outclassed as a skirmisher by every other girl due to her mom's defensive mods and her inability to have both Galeforce and a good proc without a terrible Avatar pairing; whereas tank Nah is the best tank by far. Am I underestimating skirmisher Nah?

Edited by isetrh

That's... Pretty much a standard set for Henry!Nah. The idea is that her husband leads, takes one kill, and then she takes the second. It works better than having her as a hard support in terms of offensive power, though Nah won't have as much room for Henry's large pool of utility skills.

If I'm not here very often over the next few days, it might have something to do with a certain game's demo becoming available on the eShop. Maybe.

I'm planning to do the worst thing possible while I'm working on my Lunatic+ and... it's a 'worst parents' only run.

Indeed, Chrom will marry Maiden and I will see where Virion can screw up genetics in the worst way (because he can make a real mess here and there), I am considering Donnel as Severa's father, Libra as Gerome's but... there are few units who are hard to screw up like Brady or Cynthia so... suggestions?

Also, which is the worst unit to marry as a F!avatar?

Difficulty will be set to normal, no grinding, no spotpass characters and all...

You know, it's just for fun.

I'm planning to do the worst thing possible while I'm working on my Lunatic+ and... it's a 'worst parents' only run.

Indeed, Chrom will marry Maiden and I will see where Virion can screw up genetics in the worst way (because he can make a real mess here and there), I am considering Donnel as Severa's father, Libra as Gerome's but... there are few units who are hard to screw up like Brady or Cynthia so... suggestions?

Also, which is the worst unit to marry as a F!avatar?

Difficulty will be set to normal, no grinding, no spotpass characters and all...

You know, it's just for fun.

Hey. Virion is one of the best fathers in the game. Don't trash talk his genes.

Fred hurts Brady a lot. Gregor and Donnel are both useless on Inigo. Nah is the biggest waste of Lon'qu. Kjelle gets nothing from Fred and almost nothing from Stahl, though Sully hurts Lucina almost as much as Maiden. But it's hard to actually make pairings that are bad when Awakening's metagame revolves around good and better, not good and bad.

So is this going to be on Lunatic+ or Normal? Because you kind of said both just now.

I couldn't make 'great' pairings from Virion, actually, and... For Chom it will definitely be maiden. I also know it's h

Also- I have a Lunatic+ file going on, just reached the 5° chapter and I couldn't be happier, but for a 'relaxing run' I was planning a side-run on an easier mode. In the endI restarted with a difficult one because normal was kinda boring *coughs* I apologize if I wasn't too clear, English's not my first language and I still mess up things now and then.

Anyway... I am currently doing:

- one lunatic+ in which I will try to go for decent couples even if MaribellexChrom will stay because I love them together and because I love Chrom!Brady's Morgan.

- one Difficult in which I want to mess up with couples as much as I can. So far I think I will go with: Fred!Brady, Donnel!Inigo and Stahl!Kjelle, probably Libra!Gerome (Which, in my opinion, is an unhappy choice)

How is Vaike for Laurent? I never tried him and I can only assume he hurts magic-oriented children...

Yeah, Laurent won't like Vaike too much.

Virion is one of the best fathers for Severa and Yarne, and a strong option for Nah, Brady and Gerome. He has some nice niches in being the highest Skl father with Archer and the highest Spd father with Tomefaire, and his mods in general clash with nobody and are useful to everyone. He gets some flak because he doesn't have a proc and is pretty bad ingame, but there are a lot of children who want exactly what he has.

Hi! I'm looking to do my first Lunatic run (And possibly my first classic run on Awakening, I beat Sacred Stones for the first time a few days ago and am almost though Shadow Dragon so my confidence is pretty high right now) and I want to use the children more than I have on my past through playthroughs. Could some of you rate my pairings and give me some advice?

Robin: Male, +str/-HP, with lifetaker, renewal, astra, ignis, and counter. I'm thinking of pairing him with Tiki & passing down counter, but I'm open to suggestions.

Marry Chrom to Olivia, give Lucina aether, rightful king, galeforce, astra, and lethality or aegis and give Inigo astra, rightful king, sol, counter, and galeforce

Marry Lissa to Libra and give Owain astra, renewal, counter, galeforce, and lifetaker or tomefaire

Marry Maribelle to Gaius and give Brady renewal, galeforce, lifetaker, counter, and astra or sol

Marry Sully to Donny and give Kjelle pavise, aegis, counter, renewal, and galeforce

Marry Sumia to Henry and give Cynthia galeforce, renewal, counter, lifetaker, and luna

Marry Cordelia to Vaike and give Severa galeforce, lifetaker, counter, luna, and sol

Marry Cherche to Stahl and give Gerome renewal, astra, counter, aegis, and luna or sol

Marry Panne to Frederick and give Yarne beastbane, counter, aegis, pavise, and luna

Marry Miriel to Ricken and give Laurent tomefare, counter, lifetaker, renewal and luna or magic+2

Marry Tharja to Kellam and give Noire renewal, tomefare, pavise, luna and lifetaker

Marry Nowi to Gregor and give Nah wyrmsbane, renewal, counter, astra, and sol, vantage, or lifetaker

Thank you!

Hi! I'm looking to do my first Lunatic run (And possibly my first classic run on Awakening, I beat Sacred Stones for the first time a few days ago and am almost though Shadow Dragon so my confidence is pretty high right now) and I want to use the children more than I have on my past through playthroughs. Could some of you rate my pairings and give me some advice?

Robin: Male, +str/-HP, with lifetaker, renewal, astra, ignis, and counter. I'm thinking of pairing him with Tiki & passing down counter, but I'm open to suggestions.

Marry Chrom to Olivia, give Lucina aether, rightful king, galeforce, astra, and lethality or aegis and give Inigo astra, rightful king, sol, counter, and galeforce

Marry Lissa to Libra and give Owain astra, renewal, counter, galeforce, and lifetaker or tomefaire

Marry Maribelle to Gaius and give Brady renewal, galeforce, lifetaker, counter, and astra or sol

Marry Sully to Donny and give Kjelle pavise, aegis, counter, renewal, and galeforce

Marry Sumia to Henry and give Cynthia galeforce, renewal, counter, lifetaker, and luna

Marry Cordelia to Vaike and give Severa galeforce, lifetaker, counter, luna, and sol

Marry Cherche to Stahl and give Gerome renewal, astra, counter, aegis, and luna or sol

Marry Panne to Frederick and give Yarne beastbane, counter, aegis, pavise, and luna

Marry Miriel to Ricken and give Laurent tomefare, counter, lifetaker, renewal and luna or magic+2

Marry Tharja to Kellam and give Noire renewal, tomefare, pavise, luna and lifetaker

Marry Nowi to Gregor and give Nah wyrmsbane, renewal, counter, astra, and sol, vantage, or lifetaker

Thank you!

I can't really help you as much as someone like Czar_Yoshi, but... what the heck, I'll try anyway.

First off, I'd not really bother with Counter so much. Especially on Nah, if you're planning on keeping her as a Manakete.

Second, and this is much more important, why the hell are you running an HP flaw if you're planning on doing Lunatic? You're REALLY shooting yourself in the foot doing that.

Third. I'd personally dump Lethality in favor of Luna, given that its activation rate will be low no matter when you do.

@Levant Caprice

Thank you! I was going to do HP flaw so It doesn't permanently damage one of my stats when I grind Robin to max since it always caps at 80. Unless it does? I know -Luck damages multiple stats. And I agree about Lethality. I used it on Robin, Morgan, and Robin!Lucina on one playthrough, and it activated about every other turn, but that Robin was +Skill so it won't be as useful here. And I hadn't thought about Nah not taking much damage with the +5 def from Gregor and the boost from the dragonstone.

Thank you!

First, as a fellow person who can't help as much as Czar, I agree with everything that Levant says. If I can expand a little on Lethality, usually once you get a unit trained up to the point where they are starting to fill out their skill set you'll be killing most enemies outright if you get a damage proc at all, so the tiny chance of Lethality isn't really worth it. Grima is hard to kill, but he has Dragonskin anyway.

Counter is just bad on player units. Enemies that have it are dangerous, but usually because they can take you down with them. You do not want to kill your enemies by having your units die and take them down with them.

HP flaw is bad almost no matter what you are doing. Ingame, you need that HP to survive. Postgame, it decreases Str, Mag, Def, and Res caps each by 1 so it will hurt you slightly no matter what class you are.

Your plan looks more like a postgame setup than ingame. For ingame, especially Lunatic, you will have an extremely difficult time using anywhere near that many units. Pick just a few pairs. Also, you may want to think of builds as class paths rather than skill sets. A huge factor in the usefulness of a skill ingame is the time spent in the class that gets it, and you have to consider both whether there is enough experience and how late in the game you will get it. None of that applies if you're grinding though--go all out!

I'm seeing your second post now and a grind-oriented flaw could be Mag. Like every flaw besides HP it lowers two other stat caps (Res and Speed) by 1 each, but the main one (Mag, decreased by 3) won't matter much. Sometimes losing a point of Speed can be problematic though. Luck is also a good flaw option, but it does lower Str by 1. If you are planning to do Apotheosis, Def (decreases Res and Luck by 1) is a great flaw because the enemies will kill you in a few hits regardless of your Def/Res.

@Iserth

Thank you! Yes, I'm planning on doing tons of grinding during the story and Apothesis. I usually stop between chapter 13 and 14 to get all of the girls and Robin up to S support, then grind the kids until they're promoted. I didn't know that -HP lowered so many stats- that's out! I'm not sure whether -mag or -def is better, though. On the one hand, Tiki!Morgan won't be using magic as a manakete, but if Robin is a Grandmaster that might hurt him. I do have the limit breaker DLC though, so that could help. And I just noticed that I put pavise/aegis and counter on a couple of kids... That's not good. I'm going to have to make some serious revisions before I start.

Oh, one other thing. Noire would really like Gaius as her dad for Galeforce and the Myrmidon line, mostly Galeforce. Brady would not mind losing Gaius--if anything he wants a dad who doesn't lower Magic. If you're going for supports/headcanon rather than gameplay that's fine too though.

The Tiki x Avatar pair will not be very useful in Apotheosis because neither one has Galeforce.