Barracks +Mag/Skl Lon'qu!Laurent@Sage@3/15 Wilderwind (V/V/Wrath/Gamble/Focus) with a perfect Vengeance boost hits 100% hit, 100% crit and enough Atk to OHKO any 55 Lck non-Aegis+ enemy in S.Apo in a no DLC/Rally context. If you only need 145 instead of 155, scale down from there- start by dropping Barracks and switching to Sorc for Ruin.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was wondering,what does Severa get from having access to Myrmidon?I normally pair Cordelia up with Stahl or Lon'qu but I have recently started with pairing her with Vaike.

(I understand that she gets Vantage to pair with her Vengeance and SF if you go Hero but I honestly prefer AF and she still gets Luna and Pavise for possible defensive set-up(Also Pavise is better then Aegis IMO),I was just wonderng if I was missing out on a lot.)

Myrmidon isn't Lon'qu!Severa's selling point (Wyvern is), but she does get Assassin for 100% DS builds, Avo+10 for dodgetanking and Swordfaire for Hero out of it.

Vaike may give her Axefaire for her Hero, but he won't make her as fast: Lon'qu!Severa@Hero with All+2 can hit 75 Spd with any support, which is notable for being able to take Warrior Gerome at no Spd penalty and Sniper Yarne for the freest non-DSt+ 100% DS build in the game.

Thanks for the help guys.Anyways here are my new pairings.I was just wondering if I could use these kids in Apo:(Just assume everyone has LB)

Olivia!Lucina@Great Lord

GF

DSt+

Luna

Aether

Ricken!Owain@Sage

GF

TF

Luna

Agg

Chrom!Inigo@Sniper or Assassin

GF

BF

Luna

Agg

Lon'qu!Brady@Sage

GF

TF

Luna

Agg

Donnel!Kjelle@Paladin

GF

LF

Luna

Astra

Henry!Cynthia@Dark Flier

GF

TF

Vengeance

All +2

Stahl!Severa@Hero

GF

SF

Luna

Astra

Freddy!Gerome@Wyvern Lord

Agg

All +2

Luna

(I don't know what else since Gerome has no good faires bt I was thinking DSp+)

Lucina!Morgan@Sage(MU is +Mag/-Luk)

GF

TF

Luna

Aether

Kellam!Yarne@Berserker

Agg

All +2

AF

Luna?

Gregor!Laurent@Sorc

Agg

All+2

TF

Luna?

Gaius!Noire@Sniper or Assassin

GF

BF

Luna

Astra

Vaike!Nah@Hero or Wyvern Lord

?

AF

Luna

?

Some help with skills would be nice as well as pairing the children.Also if switching Olivia and Sumia is needed I can do Henry!Inigo so yep.

Thanks in advance.

I'll suggest a few different things that I don't suggest very often.

Try out Maribelle x Chrom since you are focusing on Magic Lucina!Morgan. You can keep Henry on Cynthia, Libra for Inigo, LQ for Severa now that he's free which frees up Stahl for either Gerome and the other takes Virion.

I really hope that's not a late April Fools' joke. You've literally got a copy/paste Gfaqs team from two years ago right there. Olivia!Lucina? Fred!Gerome? Stahl!Severa? Luna on hard supports? No Virion? All old staples that are pretty much completely outclassed. Your team will be useable, but very linear with no special tricks and a lot of wasted potential. And a Severa with ugly hair. Anyway...

Lucina, Owain and Brady are all fine (though Sumia!Lucina would indeed be much more powerful). That Kjelle is going to be really slow, so you should probably just give her a 0 Spd support and forget about fighting bosses with her alltogether. Unless Cynthia is paired with a Dread Fighter, All+2 won't make a difference in Spd thresholds, so consider either getting one for her or removing it (not many other options, though... Maybe Mov+1 or a healing skill). Stahl!Severa is OK, just make sure to give her a +3 Spd support. Fred!Gerome will never use Luna due to always being in the back, so take it off (he's got nothing to put in its place, unfortunately). Lck will hurt Morgan's Mag as a flaw so I don't recommend it, but otherwise she's fine (Inigo's probably her best pair). Kellam doesn't give Yarne anything he cares about and could go for pretty much anyone else (he'll never use Luna so bring something else instead). Gregor!Laurent is good but please no Luna. Noire is OK. Nah will want to add Deliverer and a filler skill- AT, All+2, even Mov+1 or something.

*Checks*

It's because you copy/pasted directly from the bbcode page- that text uses a different font size and color than normal. If you just type it normally it'll work fine.

Also I just realized I never got around to this, so here you go...

Lon'qu!Brady@Sage x Henry!Nah@Sage:

Brady will be using his standard set here of Luna/Galeforce/Aggressor/Tomefaire. You don't have LB for the last slot and can put whatever you like there as a result; All+2 is an option but it won't make a difference for his Spd. Lifetaker might be fun as he'll pretty much never need to be healed, Deliverer is also a good option since both him and Nah have only 6 Mov (I'd recommend this one, personally). He can also add Astra to have a much higher average damage output. Nah needs Tomefaire for her damage output, All+2 is an option on top of that for a little more. Anathema is very useful on her as well to patch up your -20 Hit from no LB- they'll likely be at 100% on most enemies with it. It also has the nice side effect of boosting your Crit, so you could put Focus on her as well if you feel like it (or Dual Support+ for Henry's crit). Nah will likely stay in the back because Brady is faster, but if she ever wants to come up front (against slower things), Vengeance or Deliverer are good options as well.

Gaius!Noire@BK x Vaike!Gerome@Wyvern Lord:

Galeforce on Noire is mandatory. Gerome is going to have some Hit issues (he normally does, so no LB makes it worse), so you'll definitely want to run Anathema as well to patch him up. You'll also need either Swordfaire or Bowfaire depending on what you want to use- Bows are generally better in Apo so I'd recommend that (however, Swords would put you at 1 range, meaning you can use Hex instead of Anathema). All+2 is an option if you want to use both, but isn't necessary. For the last two slots, using both Luna and Astra together is a very powerful combination that she should consider, though if Swordfaire is used it's also possible to use just Luna and run both Hex and Anathema. Gerome only cares about +Atk/Hit skills: Aggressor and Axefaire are definitely in, and All+2 is a very good option too. He's kind of low on general +Hit skills, unfortunately- you may have to make do with Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker. Using an inherited DSp+ is also an option.

+Spd/-Def Avatar!Severa@Hero x Libra!Inigo@BK:

Bosskiller pair here. Severa cleanly hits 69 Spd without All+2, so she'll want stuff with which to fight the Helswath Berserkers and Anna. Galeforce and Vengeance are very important here, as is a Faire. Which one you take doesn't really matter as they'll come out to the same Atk on the Berserker, your role against Anna is more likely to be pulling her off her Throne than actually fighting, as she lacks ranged Braves to bypass Counter (want to fix this? Switch to Bow Knight and use All+2). Lancebreaker is useful if you're staying in Hero since it gives Anna very little Hit on you. Either way, also consider using Armsthrift on one or both of them, as they're likely to be one of your most-used paires. Inigo will want GF/Agg/Vengeance as main skills, and should also bring Swordfaire. Anathema is a good option for his last skill, as their main job is to fight very high Avo enemies, but he can run Armsthrift too if he wants.

Sumia!Lucina@GL x Virion!Yarne@Assassin:

Another Bosskiller pair. Lucina hits 70 Spd without All+2, and Yarne hits 75 with it. Lucina will want to use her staple set of Dual Strike+, Aether, Luna and Galeforce- since you've got no LB, put Lancefaire in the last slot. Yarne's All+2 is given, he also needs Aggressor and Bowfaire. He has 67 Skl and 62 Lck supporting, giving him 131 base Hit- 231 with a +3/25 Brave Bow. Hit+20 will boost that to 251 (6 shy of 100% on Throne Anna, not that he'd want to be in the back for her), making Hit+20 a very worthwhile investment to complement his 100% DS. He's still got room for one more: Strength+2 is probably his best bet in this case (you've got guaranteed Dual Strikes, might as well make them stronger).

Stahl!Owain@DF x +Spd/-Def Cordelia!Morgan@GM:

Morgan has 65 Spd without All+2. She's not hitting 69 unless you use both All+2 and Spd+2 (which is an option...), but I think you've got a decent set of Bosskillers already. Adding just All+2 will put you at 67 though, which is enough not to get doubled by Anna if you ever want to fight her with them. It's up to you. Otherwise, Morgan will need GF, followed by a procstack: Ignis, Astra and Luna are all available, and you can choose two of them (I wouldn't advise not using Ignis). Finally, you can choose a Faire (or All+2 if you want to use both), or Anathema (especially if Owain wants to use Axes). Owain himself wants to do pretty much the same thing as Brady: GF/Agg/Faire/Luna/Astra. He can use whatever Faire you want (he's got them all), Morgan will boost both of them. He also has Hit+20 available, but I don't recommend using that.

Chrom!Cynthia@DF x Ricken!Laurent@Sage:

Cynthia is going to be doing exactly the same thing as Lucina, sans DSt+: GF/Luna/Aether/Tomefaire. In the last slot, you can do whatever: All+2 gives a little more power (no new Spd thresholds, though), and you could always run Hit+20 or something as well. Dual Guard+ is an old standby I hardly ever recommend, but it might be nice filler here as well. Laurent just wants power: Agg/TF/All+2 are good, and Hit+20 couldn't hurt either. Anathema works nicely in the last slot.

Those are all the child pairs, but Chrom and Avatar are very strong too, and you shouldn't brush them off:

Chrom@GL x Sumia@DF:

Since Chrom gives a huge +9 Spd boost on top of Sumia's +3 Spd mod, she's actually in a very good position to be a Bosskiller: 66 Spd as a DF before All+2. She'll hit 70 with All+2 and Spd+2, and has room for both with GF/Luna/TF as her other skills. Chrom himself will probably never come up front with a wife that good, so he just needs support skills: Agg, DSt+, Hit+20, All+2 and Charm are about all he has. However, giving him Skl+2 on top of All+2 will bump them up from 98% DS to 99% DS, which may be desirable (never as great as 100%, though- but you'll only get that with Mjolnir or Mystletainn on one of the two (if you do do that, you don't need Skl+2 on Chrom for 100%). Switching Sumia to Falco while keeping Skl+2 on Chrom would also bring them up to 100% (and let Sumia remove Spd+2), but the loss of Celica's Gale might hurt too much. It's up to you.

+Spd/-Def Avatar@GM x Cordelia:

Cordelia doesn't have very many lead skills: GF, Anathema and Vengeance are good, and she's got plenty of room to run Lifetaker and Armsthrift as well just because. Like Sumia, she'll have to choose between Falco and DF, but this time 100% DS isn't on the line. However, she won't be expected to fight Berserkers either, and has Lancefaire but no Tomefaire, so it's a lot closer (well, she could reach 69 Spd as a Falco with All+2 and Spd+2... But don't do that). Avatar can do pretty much anything- Agg and a Faire (or two Faires, or All+2) are obvious, and Hit+20 never hurts. Since Cordelia is using Anathema, you could put on Solidarity for a critstacking build, if you like, and of course there's always room for Armsthrift.

No summary this time because there are too many choices for that.

yay works, thanks!

Thanks alot for the information, It's very helpful. I was checking the total speed of each unit at the moment to lead and considering all your suggestions given & taking a look on the enemy data from the webpage, I made changes to the favor of both files, leading those pairing and skillsets (for now just the FeMu file since is pretty late right now, later gonna edit it or write in other post -of course no double post- the MaMu one):

FeMu File - Edit by speed calculation errors

the parents are already married but children doesn't (bar LucinaxLaurent), so I was unable to reach the 69 speed tier on the others pairs but fortunately I can take advantage of Laurent's vantage in certains waves.

----------------

Avatar!Lucina@GL Speed = 50 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 3 (Pair Bonus) = 65
Luna/Aether/DS+/SF/GF
Lon’qu!Laurent@Sage Speed = 47 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 4 (Class Bonus) + 2 (All+2 Skill) = 70
V/V/All+2/TF/Anathema
At the cost of Dual Support+ Laurent gets 70 speed thanks to All+2, enough to double wave 5 zerkers.
----------------
Gaius!Kjelle@General Speed = 40 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 3 (Class Bonus) = 60
Luna/Deliverer/LF/Axebreaker/GF
Frederick!Inigo@Hero Speed = 42 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 3 (Pair Bonus) + 2 (All+2 Skill) = 59
Luna/All+2/SF/Agg/GF
I didn't know the horror of Frederick's negative speed at the moment to know that Inigo as Hero can't reach the 60 speed without a class bonus & All+2, so I took out the idea of Axefaire Hero and give him Swordfaire to compesate the lack of hit rate boost.
----------------
Virion!Brady@Sage Speed = 45 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 3 (Pair Bonus) = 60
Luna/Deliverer/TF/Agg/GF
Libra!Nah@Sage Speed = 41 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 3 (Pair Bonus) + 2 (All+2 Skill) = 58
Ven/All+2/Mag+2/TF/Anathema
yeah that pair was originally for the other run but was necesary the change since Virion!Brady can't take advantage of Cynthia's speed bonus to reach 66 speed without spent a slot in All+2 (and all by just 1 point.... Lon'qu's point).
----------------
Ricken!Owain@DrF Speed = 42 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 3 (Class Bonus) = 62
Astra/Luna/TF/Agg/GF
Stalh!Severa@BK Speed = 44 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 1 (Class Bonus) = 62
Astra/Luna/BF/Anathema/GF
I always wanted to do this pairing and BK's class bonus let him get the 60+ speed range (I didn't know that Dread Fighters are kinda "slow"). I'm not sure if keep to Severa the Astra-Luna combo or give her vengeance instead.
----------------
Chrom!Morgan@GM Speed = 46 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 3 (Class Bonus) = 66
Luna/Lancebreaker/TF/Agg/GF
Henry!Cynthia@DaF Speed = 46 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 2 (Class Bonus) = 65
Luna/DSp+/TF/Anathema/GF
Giving up Ignis for lancebreaker and 66 speed, I would use Morgan's Celica Gale and Noire's Double Bow to poke Anna while she is equiping the spear, enough to leave the throne and let Laurent finish the job.
----------------
Donnel!Noire@Sniper Speed = 41 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 3 (Class Bonus) = 61
Ven/AT/BF/Anathema/GF
Vaike!Yarne@Berzeker Speed = 49 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 3 (Pair Bonus) + 2 (All+2 Skill) = 66
Agg/AF/Axebreaker/Swordbreaker(good that I made Panne inherit that one)/All+2
Donnel's speed mods made me sad -again- since Noire wasn't able to get the 60+ speed without All+2, but glady I remember that have Vaike!Yarne "benched" and wow the bunny solved everything. Yarne have more strenght than Gerome and I like more their support (bunch of cowards <3)
----------------
Speed+/Def- FeMu@GM Speed = 44 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 4 (Class Bonus) = 65
V/V/Hit+20/TF/GF
Chrom@GL Speed = 42 (base + mods) + 12 (tonics + rally) + 5 (Pair Bonus) + 2 (Class Bonus) + 2 (All+2 Skill) = 63
Charm/All+2/Agg/DS+/Hit+20
I'm not sure if replace Hit+20 on both and give Anathema -on FeMu- and Skill+2 -on Chrom-.
----------------

Again, I appreciate your suggestions and opinions ^^

Edited by Joycdonnell

I think you're calculating pairup bonuses wrong- a class with +0 in a stat will ultimately give +3 (stat boost alone). The +2 support level boost only applies to stats the class would normally boost.

Getting Spd thresholds on non-GF males isn't actually very useful- Yarne is a special case because Anna has fairly low Def and he's got 100% DS, making it possible to have a high amount of guaranteed damage. Without that, putting your Aggressor unit up front is pretty risky, especially when lacking the Atk bonus from LB. In Laurent's case, you might actually see more damage putting him in the back than in the front and having Lucina attack at range without a Brave, since she'll be doing almost nothing either way (maybe actually nothing), so he'll be doing all the damage and needs to choose between 4 attacks against Aegis+ or two normally (the second will be slightly stronger since Aegis rounds down).

I think you're calculating pairup bonuses wrong- a class with +0 in a stat will ultimately give +3 (stat boost alone). The +2 support level boost only applies to stats the class would normally boost.

Getting Spd thresholds on non-GF males isn't actually very useful- Yarne is a special case because Anna has fairly low Def and he's got 100% DS, making it possible to have a high amount of guaranteed damage. Without that, putting your Aggressor unit up front is pretty risky, especially when lacking the Atk bonus from LB. In Laurent's case, you might actually see more damage putting him in the back than in the front and having Lucina attack at range without a Brave, since she'll be doing almost nothing either way (maybe actually nothing), so he'll be doing all the damage and needs to choose between 4 attacks against Aegis+ or two normally (the second will be slightly stronger since Aegis rounds down).

I see, thanks of the clarification, I corrected that error, It didn't changed to almost all the pairing bar Inigo's, he get 59 speed at leading (damn it Fred), which is bad starting wave 3 :C I will need to think about it again then.

Yarne's and Chrom's speed calcs is just no look empty the lines only. Laurent's case is fine thanks to Vengeance bonus damage, of course that is no gonna be effective again aegis+ enemies (for that is Lucina leading & the rest of the team).

If you *care for stats, then Ricken!Laurent!Morgan is the best for magic.

*all you care

I would also like a partner who would also work great with my MU as well. But if I had to choose I would prefer Morgan's stats over the syngery of the two units.

Sage Ricken!Owain!Morgan will have better important stats all around (Mag/Skl/Spd) than a Sorc Ricken!Laurent!Morgan, even though Laurent's mods are superior to Owain's in all those stats, so I'm assuming you care at least a little bit about class abilities and whatnot over raw stats. With that in mind, I'd go with Owain for the more versatile parent pair.

What skill set are an MU!Severa and Cordelia!Morgan looking for? MU is +spd/-def. Obviously with MU there are a lot of ways to go. I was thinking both of them might look ok with GF/LB/Luna/Ignis/and a faire. I could be overlooking something on either one of them but that is my current thinking.

LB/GF/Luna/Ignis/Lancefaire as Wyvern Lords with Berserker supports is going to be pretty close to the best they can do. Axefaire inheritance/use over Lancefaire is possible also but they may not appreciate the drop in Hit.

For S.Apo, of course.

By best they can do are you saying it's not a very good pairing? Because I haven't married them yet so I can still switch them up. My only definite ones (just because they're already done,) are StahlXLissa, ChromXSumia and Lon'quXMaribelle.

Ok,I hope this time is the definitive one (in terms of the pairs at least, the skills is not a problem when are set the rest, no gonna mention them bar the ones that requieres All+2/Speed+2 Skills). On the MaMu one I took out Nah and bring back Vaike!Kjelle (she can get the 60 speed with All+2 & Hero/BK bonus and then give Henry to Gerome) since there is not other magical galeforce dude like Brady & she is not tolerable if is not Brady, Owain or Male Morgan her supports (well that part is personal but counts). Also changed Stahl!Owain to Assassin since his speed bonus are better than dread fighter (and good that is part of his original class tree & that Stahl gives a positive strenght point mod and Bowfaire).

FeMu File

Avatar!Lucina@GL Speed = 50 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 3 (Laurent) = 65
Lon’qu!Laurent@Sage Speed = 47 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 9 (Lucina) + 2 (Skills) = 70
Chrom!Morgan@GM Speed = 46 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Cynthia) = 66
Henry!Cynthia@DaF Speed = 46 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 7 (Morgan) = 65
Ricken!Owain@DrF Speed = 42 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Noire) = 62
Donnel!Noire@BK Speed = 42 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 6 (Owain) = 60
Virion!Brady@Sage Speed = 45 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 3 (Nah) = 60
Libra!Nah@Sage Speed = 41 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 3 (Brady) + 2 (Skills) = 58
Frederick!Inigo@Hero Speed = 42 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Severa) = 62
Stalh!Severa@BK Speed = 44 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Inigo) = 64
Gaius!Kjelle@General Speed = 40 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Vaike!Yarne@Berserker) = 60
Speed+/Def- FeMu@GM Speed = 44 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 9 (Chrom) = 65

MaMu File

Sumia!Lucina@GL Speed = 49 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 9 (Yarne) = 70
Virion!Yarne@Ass. Speed = 52 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 9 (Lucina) + 2 (Skills) = 75
Cordelia!Morgan@GM Speed = 47 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 3 (Ricken!Laurent) = 62
Vaike!Kjelle@General Speed = 39 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Inigo) + 2 (Skills) = 61
Libra!Inigo@Hero Speed = 43 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 3 (Kjelle) + 2 (Skills) = 60
Stahl!Owain@Ass. Speed = 47 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Severa) = 67
Avatar!Severa@Hero Speed = 49 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + ralies) + 9 (Owain) = 70
Gaius!Noire@BK Speed = 45 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 3 (Henry!Gerome) = 60
Lon’qu!Brady@Sage Speed = 46 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 8 (Cynthia) = 66
Chrom!Cynthia@DaF Speed = 47 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 3 (Brady) = 62
Sumia@DaF Speed = 45 (base + mods) + 12 (tonic + rallies) + 9 (Chrom) + 4 (Skills) = 70

Edited by Joycdonnell

I've been thinking about building a team for fun using old GameFAQs staple pairings, but actually using them in a way that makes sense. It naturally won't be "optimal", but games are meant to be fun so goofing around is fine.

Stahl!Severa, Chrom!Inigo/Olivia!Lucina, Henry!Cynthia, Donnel!Kjelle, Gaius!Noire are non-negotiable. Those pairs were easily the most common back then.

I really want to run Avatar!Nah, I feel like it's pretty much perfectly in-line with what the meta was back then. Nah gets Galeforce+Luna, both her and Morgan get some relatively crappy stats. Nah/Morgan will be supported by her father, I don't want to lose out on Lucina's free 100% DS and A rank support isn't ideal but is usable.

For Laurent, I'm not sure if I should go with Ricken or Gregor for his father. Gregor!Laurent has pretty much been the go-to pairing since forever, but I know Ricken!Laurent has been quite popular at some points as well just for the fact that he has a huge MAG stat. Who I use here pretty much determines what Owain I use. I feel like Ricken!Owain has always been a staple, and still is on top of having Luna.

Vaike!Gerome was easily the most sensible pairing for Gerome that was popular back then. (Frederick Gerome? No thanks!) Plus he gets to be Char Aznable, that's always a benefit.

I would use Virion!Yarne since Virion is naturally free, but I feel it would go against the spirit of the team. Everyone considered Virion to be the worst father back then, so I'm thinking Frederick would make the most sense. Decent stats and some okay classes, probably one of the more reasonable pairings for him that I could use.

Lon'qu!Brady because I'm pretty sure Brady has always just been "give him whoever he doesn't care"

So basically I end up with a team of B-tier units, except for a few which are still relevant today. However if I pair them up properly and give them the right skills I think I can make something decent out of this team.

Gerome and Yarne lack good +hit skills, so I'm thinking pairing them with Severa and Noire would be the best, as they both have Hex/Anathema to help alleviate that issue. Stahl!Severa as a Swordfaire Hero can reach 75 speed with a Berserker support so that works out nicely. Outside of that, I'm not really sure how to pair this team up. What do you guys think?

Edited by Diabeasty

A year ago I made a team with a lot of help from people in this thread, especially Czar_Yoshi. I ended up losing interest, but I wouldn't say it was a waste since I learned a lot. I think the reason I got bored is because I focused too much on making each pair as strong as possible in one particular role. I want to try again and aim more for a versatile team.

My first question: Has the metagame shifted much in the last year? Looking through the last few pages, I'm not seeing anything drastically different.

Since I'm not building up my understanding of what makes a good team from scratch, I shouldn't need as much help as last time, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could look at my ideas.

Sumia!Lucina x +Str -Def Avatar

Standard pairing last time I checked. It can do a few different things. To still be able to do a few different things, but different things, I could go with +Mag instead.

Sumia!Lucina!Morgan x Frederick!Inigo

Perhaps Paladin Morgan, like Faius!Kjelle but with better stats and procstack? This pair should also be pretty versatile. Armsthrift shenanigans are available here. Alternatively with +Mag, Morgan could go Wyvern Lord. She gets to 75 just as easily as with +Speed as long as she has a +3 pair up, but +Mag helps out Avatar more than +Speed does.

Chrom!Cynthia x Libra!Owain

Dark Flier x Sage. Could go physical if I wanted them to.

Gaius!Kjelle x Vaike!Gerome

Would probably default to Paladin x Hero, bit I imagine there are other options... For Kjelle at least. Gerome is pretty stuck. If I used Gregor!Gerome instead he would also have Assassin. Problem is Laurent migjt also like Gregor. Might be worth checking the DS numbers for a few different class pairs, but I haven't yet. I should also check to make sure the supports aren't horrifying.

Donnel!Noire x Gregor!Laurent

Noire being average is sacrificed to make Kjelle awesome. She does get AT though, and so does Laurent. With Gregor as his dad Laurent can be good at physical or magical attacks. Alternatively he could settle for Ricken to free up Gregor for Gerome.

Henry!Nah x Lon'qu!Brady

Nah becomes awesome. Brady gets some nice mods that perfectly complement Valkyrie pair up.

Virion!Severa x Stahl!Yarne

Wyvern Lord x Berserker.

Thanks!

A year ago I made a team with a lot of help from people in this thread, especially Czar_Yoshi. I ended up losing interest, but I wouldn't say it was a waste since I learned a lot. I think the reason I got bored is because I focused too much on making each pair as strong as possible in one particular role. I want to try again and aim more for a versatile team.

Hey, welcome back!

Nothing much has changed in terms of what's being optimized for, we/I've mostly just been looking for ways to get more out of pairs by understanding what they can do better. Generally the focus has been on getting B-tier pairs to perform functionally on par with A-tier ones, because I'd much rather be telling people how to get the most out of pairs they want to use than telling them what pairs to use. At this point the general standards for a top-tier pair are being able to do pretty much anything you could reasonably ask of them in S.Apo (so where before it was you should keep a pair on hand to deal with Anna, now it's make your pairs so that Anna is just another enemy to them). It gives you more in-map leeway to do what you want, whether that's just boring or adds replay value depends on the player. I find it quite nice.

Pair versatility is something I've also started taking into account, which is basically a combination of how many non-Apo postgame top-tier classes/skills they have available, and how many different Apo sets they can run at maximum performance. Was I making my team yet before you left?

Everyone else: I've got class in the morning and need to head to bed, I'll do team critiques tomorrow afternoon sometime.