Henry and Olivia

Henry and Olivia  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this pairing?

• SO ADORABLE!!! OTP of the series.
    • The supports are really good, but I don't use it.
    • It's kind of overrated, the supports aren't that great.
    • What's the deal with people? Their supports are decent at best.
    • I use it for optimization.
  2. 2. Do you think it would be canon in the next game?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other (Explain in reply).

Can someone explain the appeal of Henry x Olivia? They don't fit at all, Inigo could be better, and their supports are not that great. Isn't it INCREDIBLY convenient how Olivia HAPPENS to get cursed out of the blue? Don't get me wrong, I love Henry. He's one of the best characters in the game. I just don't see the logic in this pair specifically. Anyway, thoughts?

Edited by Duck

Don't really have much of an opinion about it except that its a little too exaggerated by people on both ends, and as for it being made canon, I have the same answer for any other pairing in the game being made canon in a sequel: No.

I guess people are just trying to fulfill the Original Artwork hair colors?

I don't understand Henry+Olivia myself

Doesn't Virion fulfill the hair color better? Not mention good supports and good for optimization.

Also, @Lofraf, you know this from experience, I assume?

Edited by Duck

Two of the options are practically the same and there's no "I don't care either way"? I think it's an okay support and gives him some strong mixed offensive stats. If I were to have a magic-using Inigo, I would either have Libra or Henry as a father so I can use Vantage+Vengeance, though admittedly the cap difference is trivial and Libra gives slightly more classes.

Don't care about it. Don't care either way of whether or not people like it. It's not my call to police people's shipping preferences, especially in a game that allows nearly free pairing liberties. Not likely to be canon-fied because I'm doubting that anything from FE:A will be canonfied in future games. Sure, if it did, it'd stir up shitstorms and would be hilarious and I'd have some popcorn with it, but I'm not seeing IS doing anything like that.

What do you mean?

Exactly what I said. That I don't believe any pairing, let alone Henry/Olivia, will be made canon should we ever get a sequel.

BTW, Lofrof, I'm a she. :P

I can't vote, because the first question has nothing I agree with, nor an "other" option...

I'd have to say that I dislike the supports a lot (significantly worse than "decent at best") and I don't use it for optimization, although I think it's pretty good.

And I think there's not even a snowball's chance in hell of it being canonized.

Who really cares what the appeal is, honestly? May as well ask why any other popular pairing is popular and what's the appeal to it.

Myself, I don't think the pairing is as bad or as good as people make it out to be and couldn't care less whether it became canon or not.

It's an alright support, a bit controversial (Me? I like the NA version a fair deal more than the JPN version.)... inferior to Chrom/Olivia optimization wise so it wins nothing there.

Canon? Really don't think so/No.

Henry's quite probably (I wouldn't add him to the rotation of pairings that I can and will make the claim to be "canon"/backed with evidence just yet though) with Panne.

I hate the pairing because of how contrived the A support is. 8U Henry is an expert on curses, yet he somehow didn't notice Olivia was cursed until she showed obvious signs? The entire support would have been heartwarming and cute, if it weren't for that horrible A (and B) support. Instead of being understanding and caring, Olivia comes off as very bossy and manipulative, trying to force Henry to conform to HER vision of happiness. In English OR Japanese, the support is god-awful, and there is nothing heartwarming or cute about it at all. Faking being cursed out of the blue to force emotions out of Henry is NOT cool or cute, not at all.

It seriously bugs me how people use this support to try and claim Henry is a Stepford Smiler, when that is utter bullshit. There is NOTHING about Henry that suggests he's faking his happiness. Indeed, there are supports that show he has horrors in his past (the murder of his wolf friend, the bad wizard's school), but Henry still turned out all right and happy, even if he is a bit crazy on top of it. Honestly, the fact that Henry's life sucked that bad, but he is still so happy with no faking, shows he has excellent strength of character. Not everyone who has a traumatic past hides weepy sad tears behind a smile. The English S support has a minor improvement where Olivia APOLOGIZES for trying to claim she knew Henry better than he knew himself, which is what she should have done from the beginning.

I could rant more about how awful and stupid Olivia/Henry is all day, so I will stop here. 8U But I'd really LOVE to see a convincing argument on HOW this BS pairing is "heartwarming and cute", because so many claim it so, when the supports are far from it.

I hate the pairing because of how contrived the A support is. 8U Henry is an expert on curses, yet he somehow didn't notice Olivia was cursed until she showed obvious signs? The entire support would have been heartwarming and cute, if it weren't for that horrible A (and B) support. Instead of being understanding and caring, Olivia comes off as very bossy and manipulative, trying to force Henry to conform to HER vision of happiness. In English OR Japanese, the support is god-awful, and there is nothing heartwarming or cute about it at all. Faking being cursed out of the blue to force emotions out of Henry is NOT cool or cute, not at all.

It seriously bugs me how people use this support to try and claim Henry is a Stepford Smiler, when that is utter bullshit. There is NOTHING about Henry that suggests he's faking his happiness. Indeed, there are supports that show he has horrors in his past (the murder of his wolf friend, the bad wizard's school), but Henry still turned out all right and happy, even if he is a bit crazy on top of it. Honestly, the fact that Henry's life sucked that bad, but he is still so happy with no faking, shows he has excellent strength of character. Not everyone who has a traumatic past hides weepy sad tears behind a smile. The English S support has a minor improvement where Olivia APOLOGIZES for trying to claim she knew Henry better than he knew himself, which is what she should have done from the beginning.

I could rant more about how awful and stupid Olivia/Henry is all day, so I will stop here. 8U But I'd really LOVE to see a convincing argument on HOW this BS pairing is "heartwarming and cute", because so many claim it so, when the supports are far from it.

You know, I disagree with you on a lot of things, but I think you just won. The explanation is perfect.