Best difficulty to play this game for the first time?

Nobody

So, I'll start this game soon, and I want to know what the difficulty that compares the most to awakening's hard/classic or FE7's EHM. I don't really want to have too much of a challenge the first time playing this game, but I also don't want to be bored. Is H2 good for that?

Edited by Nobody

I get good enjoyment out of H1 or H2, they're challenging, but you can still use mostly any character you want and not screw up.

H3 is also pretty possible to use whomever [shin proved that in his run as did Horace haha]

But I'd start with Normal or H1/H2 for a first run of Shadow Dragon to get the feel for it.

My recommendation would be:

to start a file on Normal first, experience the Prologue and once you get to Chapter 1 switch to a new file with H2. Btw, I'm not sure but dont the hard difficulties get unlocked after first run?

to start a file on Normal first, experience the Prologue and once you get to Chapter 1 switch to a new file with H2. Btw, I'm not sure but dont the hard difficulties get unlocked after first run?

only H4 by beating H3 (although a bunch of other stuff is unlocked by beating either H1 or H3 first)

The ROM I downloaded already has all the difficulties unlocked, even H5. It's a clean ROM, so the game probably let you choose any of them, without the need of beating the game.

Edited by Nobody

The ROM I downloaded already has all the difficulties unlocked, even H5. It's a clean ROM, so the game probably let you choose any of them, without the need of beating the game.

There's still an exclusive prologue in normal. So my point still stands.