1. 1. Which GBA Lord is your favorite?

• Roy
    • Lyn
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2020 at 08:49 AM

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though it's a tie between Hector and Ephy for me, I feel as though my third favorite GBA lord needs a bit more love.

Said lord being Eliwood. Yes, really.

He's not the best, in combat, but I actually rank him as good as Lyn. And I do like his character; he is visibly affected by the shit that happens to him, but he tries not to let it get to him, and focus at the task at hand. He's a bit of a pacifist to absurd levels, but his head isn't in the clouds; he manages to be level headed, and down to earth.

...Really, Eliwood's life can be described as a shit fest in general. Father gets kidnapped, dies in front of his eyes, the girl who helped him get up his feet is unwittingly killed by his own hands, she's resurrected, ony for him to watch her walk away again...Then he grows up to become Marquess Pherae. Oh, also frail, sick and dieing,

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

Ephraimmmmm <3 My first ever. His route was troublesome sometimes, but...I really like him! His re-drawing for Awakening was super attractive too. BUT AHEM he's also a great combat unit :) The best! Even when I use Eirika's route, he usually ends up better than her, or about even. Idk how that happened.

Seeing as how I've yet to complete the GBA games, I don't think i could give any accurate opinion without bias, but from what I know,

Ephraim > Hector > Lyn > all the rest. Can't really give an answer on those guys.

Ephraim wins for being the only Lord to start with Lances while on foot and make it look cool, great design, along with having guts to take on a whole nation with only 3 soldiers. That feat alone makes him best.

Hector, I'd say is just about even with Ephraim. He's well liked, has a different personality from most lords and is a powerhouse. The only thing that keeps him from Ephraim is the weapon preference. I'm not really an Axe person.

Lyn gets third because she resembles my favorite class. Too bad she's not exactly the best at it, from what I've heard, otherwise, she might even be up to par with Hector.

Hector > Eliwood > Eirika > Lyn > Ephraim > Roy

While FE7's plot centers more around Eliwood than Hector, I like him more as a character. One of the reasons why I like Ike is because he reminds me of a mix between Hector and Eliwood, two solid characters.

Next comes Eliwood, since I really like his interaction with the plot and personality overall.

I like Eirika because her struggles are made more evident by her flaws and weaknesses.

Lyn is interesting at the start, then becomes a token team mate after her mode is over, though her Supports are nice.

Ephraim has some good moments, but he turns out as smug and overconfident strategist with some really stupid plans that do not live to all the hype he gets most of the time (such as taking a fortress just so he could be surrounded by Valter, or leaving his country behind when they needed him the most just so he could fight Grado alone with only three soldiers and scarce supplies).

Roy is flat and his good moments are few.

Edited by Rapier

so uh...are you going to make a point or...? what's great about it?

You didn't really make a point, either...

Anyway. Great speed, dodges basically everything, constant critical hits, can use a bow for indirect attacks...

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Those are things Lyn already had (minus yay bows), and Blade Lord doesn't bring her much,

Lyn still kicks ass, but the promotion itself is rather underwhelming. It doesn't add much to Lyn, and what it does add isn't worth fawning over (bows yay). She's still good, but it isn't the huge leap in unit effectiveness, say, Eliwood's promotion to Knight Lord is (Where Eliwood goes from Ok, to really good) or hell, even Great Lord (Hector gets swords, which gives him control over most of the WTA).

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

Though it's a tie between Hector and Ephy for me, I feel as though my third favorite GBA lord needs a bit more love.

Said lord being Eliwood. Yes, really.

He's not the best, in combat, but I actually rank him as good as Lyn. And I do like his character; he is visibly affected by the shit that happens to him, but he tries not to let it get to him, and focus at the task at hand. He's a bit of a pacifist to absurd levels, but his head isn't in the clouds; he manages to be level headed, and down to earth.

...Really, Eliwood's life can be described as a shit fest in general. Father gets kidnapped, dies in front of his eyes, the girl who helped him get up his feet is unwittingly killed by his own hands, she's resurrected, ony for him to watch her walk away again...Then he grows up to become Marquess Pherae. Oh, also frail, sick and dieing,

Eliwood's my second-favorite of the GBA lot for the reasons you describe. That said, I like Ephraim the best.

1) Lances. On foot. Yes.

2) Lovely design

3) I like how in his own route he goes from being the reckless guy we see in 5X, skating by on dumb luck, to the pretty beaten-down person he is at the end of the game. Grado's a crapsack and Ephraim owns it... and knows it, and there's no magical happy ending for anyone. He gets a negative character arc, which is pretty cool IMO.

I want to like Eirika but I guess she doesn't learn a damn thing given she's contempating using the Stone to make everything better at the end of her damn game. WTF.

Those are things Lyn already had (minus yay bows), and Blade Lord doesn't bring her much,

Lyn still kicks ass, but the promotion itself is rather underwhelming. It doesn't add much to Lyn, and what it does add isn't worth fawning over (bows yay). She's still good, but it isn't the huge leap in unit effectiveness, say, Eliwood's promotion to Knight Lord is (Where Eliwood goes from Ok, to really good) or hell, even Great Lord (Hector gets swords, which gives him control over most of the WTA).

The original post I was replying to didn't mention Lyn's promoted class, and neither did I. It mentioned Swordmasters, but not Blade Lord. I was talking about both of Lyn and both of her classes in general.

Ephraim's my favorite, Lyn and Hector comes close.

First of all, he's cool design, personality, and he uses a LANCE!!

I just feel like lances don't get enough love in FE, the only class that is lance-locked are knights and their not even 2nd tier! (f*ck cavaliers)

I think that the next FE should have playable soldiers (how did it get removed again?)

Lyn is actually quite good but trading away Crit+15 for Bows is... underwhelming (unless bows get buffed). And Hector's kinda cool too (Armads).

I think it goes like

Ephraim > Lyn = Hector > Eirika > Eliwood >>> Roy

Eirika gives the impression of being... helpless, Eliwood's just a typical noble hero-guy, and Roy's....

Eirika bby is best gba lord

Eirika>Ephraim>Hector>Roy>>>Eliwood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lyn

I have no bias, clearly.

I like the twins a lot, I enjoy Hector's personality and actions quite a bit.

Roy is... something all right.

Eliwood is pretty boring imo and kinda cliched.

Lyn is a very boring lord who could have had been cut completely from the game because 90% of her dialogue would not have changed much within the game at all.

Roy's our boy... Roy's our boy...

While I admit that he sucks terribly for most of his game, he's still one of my favorite lords. That, and he also gets a sword that literally spews flames, which pretty awesome in its own right. As far as his character goes, he's a bit generic, though I also find that he's somewhat more cunning than most of the lords, as is Ephraim. And as irrelevant as it is, he was awesome in Melee and he at least deserves some credit for that.

Ephraim and Hector both get props for being bad ass and not being nearly as generic as the swords users. I'm not particularly crazy over Eirika, Eliwood and Lyn for various reasons.

Roy > Ephraim > Hector > Eirika > Eliwood > Lyn

Lyn is a very boring lord who could have had been cut completely from the game because 90% of her dialogue would not have changed much within the game at all.

It saddens me whenever I read stuff like this. Mainly because of how untrue it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Eliwood>Hector>Ephriam>Lyn>Roy>Erika Eliwood>Roy>Hector>Lyn>Ephriam>Erika

Eliwood is probably my favorite lord because he really is what a lord should be. Noble, quick to act, wants peace and prosperity, trys to avoid conflict whenever possible but isn't afraid to get going when the going gets tough, and he's mounted to boot. Hector is pretty awesome, like Ike he fights for his friends and is willing to to anything and everything to protect who he cares about. Plus he's the only Axe Lord so major cool points there. Ephriam is neat. He doesn't pick fights he knows he can't win, will do anything to protect his sister, only Lance Lord and he like Eliwood gets a mount too. But he'd rather be a soldier than a Prince so that's why he's pretty middle of the road for me. Lyn? Before I was aware of Celica I thought she was the only female lord so that was cool, instead of giving into despair, like Batman she continues on and becomes the savior Sacae needs. She's an expert tracker and gains bows upon premotion so thats cool.I change my mind she beats Ephriam. I bet some of you are wondering why Roy isn't last. Yeah sure he starts off bad and his growths are bad and gets a late premotion but if that's the case then I would say the same about Leaf. Anyway he's actually alot smarter than people give him credit for. Like his father he tries to avoid conflict and tries for a more peaceful solution and always tries to do what's right. Despite chaotic situations he always keeps a cool head like when returning from Ostia or trying to protect the villages in the Western Isles despite being allied with Eturnia. Keeping Human/Dragon co-exsistance a secret and protecting Nabata as best he can, heck even saving Idoun with the help of Fa. Alright scratch that I'm bumping up Roy to #2. Now we have Erika... in my opinion she's just very niave and kind of incestual with Ephriam and she can't deal with the fact that her best friend Lyon is gone and is actually a monster and can never fully come to terms with it weeellll she does in the end but it takes her FAR longer than any normal human being I think. Sorry Erika fans just how I feel. She's not all bad she's just the least favorite of the GBA lords in my opinion. And if you've read this far? Thank you so much! *highfives*

Edited by ViewtifulBo

Hector is such a bamf. He goes from Eliwoods awesome bro character in 7,(brosuke tier. Yeah, I went there) and then turns into a badass king with a beard, so manly that it makes gandalf jealous. Whats not to love?

• 3 weeks later...

It saddens me whenever I read stuff like this. Mainly because of how untrue it is.

Lyn could have dropped dead at the end of Lyn's Tale and it really would not have impacted the main story all that much except for her scene on the Dread Isle. She really has no main plot relevance and all her development is confined to her supports. Even Sol Katti is an unceremonious afterthought.

Story wise, Eliwood, hands down.

He goes through a lot of horrible things, pratically everything's against him, his whole life was a whirlwind of horrible things, but he still manages live, even if he's terribly sick.

Many people label him as a wuss, but sincerely, screw them: Eliwood is such a refreshing character, he's a male character that actually can deal with his emotions instead of thinking that anger and revenge are the answer to everything.

He even has the guts to tell Nini he loves her, pretty directly too! Eliwood is truly an inspiring character, to me.

His way with peace and war reminds me of Elincia's, and that's another point why I like him so much.

Gameplay wise, Eliwood is either godly or the king of crappiness; thankfully I only had good Eliwoods as of now... but... you never know...

Another lord I also like is Hector, after all I do have a thing for hotblooded BFFs, but the thing I love the most about him is how rude and not very noble he is! A perfect contrast for Eliwood's polite manners XD Plus, he's an excellent unit! Weild axes AND doubles? Woowowowow.

B-besides, it's not that I ship them or anything... it's not like... it's muh OTP ever since I was, what?? 10?? Or 11?? Nope, not at all..

Still, the others are okay, there's no one I really dislike, nor no one I really love.

One thing's sure though, Ephraim is hawt, lolololol.

• 2 months later...

For me:

Hector > Ephraim = Lyn > Eliwood > Eirika

PoR was my first FE and Hector's sorta a GBA Ike (hell, he even has swords after promotion), so that may be why I love him so much. He's just a badass both in story and in gameplay. I tried doing a FE7 HHM run, no resets, and he was basically carrying my entire army. Ephraim is pretty awesome too, and lance-wielding lords are not exactly common. His shining moment is storming Renvall, gettting trapped, and waltzing back out like it was a morning stroll.

I really like Lyn's mode, for some reason-- I know it's really easy, but I think it's the simplistic nature of it that appeals to me. It's just a lot of fun, I dunno. Lyn herself usually turns out well for me, and she's one of the better female characters around imo.

Eliwood turns out poorly for me half the time and he's a bit generic in comparison to his competition. He's not a bad character, though, and his supports with Hector are pretty good. Then again, that may just be Hector carrying everything around him, like usual.

I'm not a big fan of Eirika, just because she's so irredeemably stupid sometimes. Handing the stone over to Lyon is defensible, but it still irritates me every time.

Finally, I've actually liked Roy from what I've seen of him, but that isn't very much because I've only gotten to chapter 10ish in his game. I can't make a verdict on him yet.