FE6 HM 0% growths v2-3

dondon151

Lilina's super fast support with Roy probably makes her more accurate, more critey (probably not useful considering her skill), and slightly more powerful. Although as dondon said, it's probably impractical in LTC....So go Cecilia!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine you must be careful about how you spend your money in this. You want as many boots as you can buy, but also statboosters. Have you calculate how much you will need?

EDIT: Also, Chapter 3 vid rescues were amazing.

i need 18 boots and percival needs to hit 24 str, 24 spd. this time i'm not planning on promoting clarine, and i'd like to think that my weapon purchasing this time around will be even more optimized. i think i'm also getting fewer items, though. last time i got one too many boots as well. this is something that i haven't bothered calculating yet and i really need to spend some time on it, but the amount of stuff that i can sell for little amounts of cash is staggering.

Never mind that Cecilia can do the same thing but better with no investment at the expense of only 1 crit.

oh duh. you can tell that i've never bothered to get bolting before lol. (except i have! and i even used it once! but cecilia is such a chump with bolting that i didn't remember.)

yeah sorry i didn't mention 7 turns anywhere, did i

with growths you might be able to squeeze out a 6-turn while skipping some villages. i tried to go for a safe strat, and rutger faces less than 30 hit from most enemies when standing on forest, but i wasn't willing to rig survival beyond that.

EDIT: also this took way too long. here's a rough timetable to how i did the chapter:

- it took about an hour for me to realize that i needed a second bow user. swap out lugh for dorothy.

- it took another hour for me to realize that i didn't need one of allen or lance. lance's HP and str are lower, so i swapped him out and swapped lugh back in.

- i then figured out that it was better for zealot to have a hammer on turn 3 instead of a javelin. cue 30 minutes thinking about how to get marcus's hammer to zealot.

- up to this point i never had to think about that archer. that fucking archer. i think this one took me a good hour to figure out how to get the steel lance to shanna so that she could do enough damage to the archer for the archer to die, and then for her to not get destroyed (she has 3 AS with steel lance) on the subsequent EP.

- this is all in addition to the time spent getting the sequence of actions right so that every attack that i wanted to hit on turns 2, 3, and 4 would hit without gross path retracing. i also had to make sure that rutger got his crits. by the way, this is why you see roy doing that really dumb attack on the archer on turn 4.

- another hour practicing and recording.

and this all looks so obvious with the quick execution in the video!

Edited by dondon151

I loathe Chapter 7 with a passion. On the positive side, the relatively brutal early game is over! And with Zealot and Noah on your side, you'll be pretty OK until the really broken people start coming in.

Although I guess that will make the videos less entertaining. :(

EDIT Also are you planning on promoting Thany (for general rescueboting), or is this just because Sue and Shin will get so much EXP (moreso Shin, but Sue's pretty helpful early on)?

Edited by Refa

Jesus christ man, you are a demon. Everytime I watch your runs I'm always impressed. I struggle enough with doing that chapter with growths and not LTCing.

Does choosing to quit and spawning anna's portrait actually burn rns though, or was that menu thing just irrelevant?

Does choosing to quit and spawning anna's portrait actually burn rns though, or was that menu thing just irrelevant?

I'd think it'd only burn the "second type" of RNs, which IIRC is used solely for desert items.

It was just a misclick I think. I think I needed a couple days to figure out how to 7-turn that map with growths, so what you describe sounds like less work than I usually subject myself to (maybe I should learn how to use the scripts), I also became a much better player by the time I was done with that particular map (FE6 is generally a really fucking hard game to LTC).

EDIT Also are you planning on promoting Thany (for general rescueboting), or is this just because Sue and Shin will get so much EXP (moreso Shin, but Sue's pretty helpful early on)?

i can't afford to waste a whip on shanna. i do want a promoted shin by chapter 12x, so if you consider for a moment that shin already need 3 more levels to reach L10 than tate, shanna needs to have at least 3 more levels of gained EXP than sue. that's on top of any differences between shin and tate after promotion.

that was just a mistake, lol. VBA gets lag spikes when i record, which sometimes messes up my inputs, and it usually forces a reset.

nice to know that someone enjoys seeing the prep menu.

(maybe I should learn how to use the scripts)

you definitely should. while i'm by no means an expert at using the script utilities, it does let you immediately see, for example, which set of available characters can hit or crit with the upcoming RNs and, if the enemy counters, which characters can dodge. or in my case, if someone is close to leveling up, if there's a string of high RNs coming up, i just coincide the level up with the high RNs because hey, i'm not gaining stats anyway.

Edited by dondon151

i finished planning the 13-turn for chapter 8 and decided to look at chapter 8x for a moment. not only does henning have 13 def (which i expected) but he also has 18 spd (which i did not expect)... so rutger can't double him if he's using the steel blade.

well, that sucks. i might not be able to 7-turn chapter 8x after all. hmm. the sad thing is that rutger is more likely to crit with the killing edge than zealot is to hit at all with the light brand. at times like this, i wish marcus had C swords.

tl;dr gahhh FUCK henning

Do HM bosses get "bonuses" too or are the HM stats just fixed? If they get bonuses, do they fluctuate? Since you seem willing to game the RNG a little for spawning specific spd Nomads (like in Chapter 5), do you ever try to rig the enemy stats? I know that you can get slightly different stats if you load a different save (ie trial map), quit, then reload a chapter, but I don't know if you always stick to fresh reset loads. Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.

I know that you can get slightly different stats if you load a different save (ie trial map), quit, then reload a chapter, but I don't know if you always stick to fresh reset loads. Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.

no, this is a good question. i don't mind burning RNs during the middle of the map because enemy reinforcement stats are totally contingent upon what you've been doing up until that point anyway, which means that they could legitimately be different for different players. i'm not so keen to go load a different map first to reshuffle starting enemy stats.

Burn some RNs? I don't know what Henning's averages are supposed to be because I believe I kinda, um, killed him in one round of combat.

amazing what a few points of str and a point of spd could do.

here's 2 turns shaved off chapter 8, as expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woDjAc5w-Bk

i was looking at chapter 8x again and thinking that i may be able to 7-turn it, and also, that with growths (and a rutger who can ORKO henning or at least do 28 HP damage to him in a round of combat), a 6-turn might be possible.

I imagine rushing to the left with Zealot and Marcus and then rescue dropping with Thany

Isn't that the closest path?

I dunno, I tried that, and it didn't shave off any turns IIRC.

make sure you count the turns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OyImuzjgV0

EDIT: oh also since most people viewing the video here probably won't view the description,

"The boss strategy is so bullshit, but this the most reliable way that I could come up with. Taken independently (without any RNG manipulation), it has a 0.2% chance of success. Logistically, everything else worked out just right, so I figured why not go with the insanely unlikely boss strategy?"

Edited by dondon151

7 turns (if I counted right). Rutger's hitrate is truly awful but I'm more amazed that an archer ai chose not to attack a PK whilst she's weighed down rescuing Roy. Does that guy just not usually move or what? I know one of them was out of range but the other should have had a free shot.

Edited by Irysa

Oh. I thought they'd move after being triggered (since he attacked Zealot a turn or two earlier), but shows how much I know.

And derp, I can't count. Even more remarkable then.

SO RELIABLE

Light Sword was pretty bro (amusingly had more hit than Rutger did), good thing Roy had BARELY enough HP to survive after a (full I think) Barrier boost + Angelic Robe. He really lucked out there!