FE6 HM 0% growths v2-3

dondon151

Dat 39% hitrate on arcard.

Also, WRT arena enemies, I think they always have to be based off your stats, thats why you fight silver enemies when your def gets too high. I think they try to avoid stuff that can actually double you as well.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dat 39% hitrate on arcard.

it was the same hit rate that percival had against windam, except that time percival had to also crit. the horseslayer is too good!

there's a certain algorithm for generating arena enemies that nitrodon or toothache can elucidate on. i suspect that the algorithm is slightly different between FE6 and FE7 because FE6 sometimes generates rather unfair enemies even with somewhat low wagers, but i also have hardly any confidence in making that claim.

blah i'm a little sad

i was all ready to 3-turn chapter 18 with a rescue use, but the physic priest in the top right corner of the map doesn't move and there's no way for me to kill him on turn 3. 4-turning is so easy, though.

Edited by dondon151

How about both Miledy and Tate carry somebody (one of them being Percival or Rutger) to take out the Bishop? If Zeiss isn't promoting midchapter, what is he doing?

Can Saul have a decent enough hit rate with the Berserk staff on the Bishop?

the easiest way to walk through this would be to work backwards starting from turn 3 (man, these are the kinds of thing that i need a white board for!)

roy needs to seize, but he can't end his turn in martel's purge range because he'd get OHKO'd even with a full barrier boost. he also gets doubled. so the only way for roy to seize on turn 3 is if lalum dances him. therefore lalum must start turn 3 from a tile exactly 11 spaces away from martel, since roy can't reach if she starts farther away and she'll get OHKO'd if she starts any closer. at the same time, she has to be out of range of the enemies nearby. that leaves only one option (marked in blue):

1aqf.png

the top merc of the group (red border) has a light brand and can still attack lalum if she stands there. to prevent this, i bait the berserk priest (next to the yellow border) to the bottom solid red square on the previous turn and miledy occupies the top one. the nonmoving physic priest is the one standing within the yellow border in the picture.

so then to get lalum to that blue tile, either she has to be in someone's possession on turn 2 (so she can't dance) or someone has to bring her close to the blue border, miledy drops her there, and then miledy goes to her own position.

the big problem is just getting enough units up far enough to do all 3 tasks of killing boss, killing priest, and dropping roy. in order to get miledy to reach her target by turn 2, i have to rescue lalum on turn 1 and have her dance miledy from an extended range. currently i have miledy rescuing tate on turn 1 and then dropping her up really far into the map.

Can Saul have a decent enough hit rate with the Berserk staff on the Bishop?

aside from problems of getting him there, saul would have 0 hit on the priest.

Edited by dondon151

Hmmm....this really doesn't seem possible yeah. Though it's one of those things that are barely not possible. I hate those kinds of things because I get stuck for days in LTC runs asking myself if it's really impossible or not...

Yeah I'm pretty much stumped. You can't even rig Klein to crit from the Ballista or something (actually does that even work in non killer ballistae?) Aside from going back to 16x to save a warp use. That will cost a turn though, unless you rig Lalum and Roy obscene dodges to 2 warp it though (don't even think Roy would have a displayed dodge rate on 0% growth vs some of the shit up there).

Edited by Irysa

Is the AI for a healer dependant on a unit taking a certain % of damage? My thoughts are that Miledy just needs to hit harder in order to draw the Psychic user in range.

i don't think i made myself very clear the last couple of times

the priest will never, ever move. even if there were a legion of enemies at 1 HP waiting just outside his range, he will not move to heal them.

EDIT: additionally, mobile healer AI in FE6 will always prefer to retreat to a defensive tile when healing if possible. when i observed this priest healing once, he did not move before healing a shaman that was standing on the tile directly underneath.

Edited by dondon151

Also dondon, do you mind spending a few minutes sorting your completed runs into playlists on YouTube (the ticking takes no time at all nowadays with the new engine)? Makes navigating between them a whole lot easier. This is kind of a big deal to me and would be facilitating for others too I think.

No clue about that since I never had any (but iirc PKL had a private consisting entirely of unlisted vids for his FE12 LTC run). It'd be convenient to easily access the old series without having to click through pages of videos at a time, though (and it takes like 30 seconds when you tick stuff).

i didn't know that people cared about the old series anymore!

i have an exam battery on friday, this chapter in stumping me, and playing this much fire emblem has probably had a negative academic effect, so i'll see how long i can put this on hiatus for. i don't want to give up on 3-turning yet because i thought the chapter 13 5-turn was impossible too.

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that you have school saddens me greatly, dondon.

I only dream of a world where you find the time to post all the vids for the FE7 0% growths run or resume working on this run

*Raises glass* "Here, here."

• 1 month later...

i've returned to this over break and so far i've come to the conclusion that having a third promoted flier in chapter 18I (so basically, promoted shanna) will still leave me 1 tile short.

if i can't figure this out in a couple more days, i'm just going to bite the bullet and settle for the 4-turn. the save file is still on dropbox, if anyone wants to try it out. later when i have more time, maybe i'll go through my thought process for this map and we'll see if i missed anything obvious.

I haven't played FE6 in years, but here goes. Unless you have some other way, I'm not sure how you'd kill the boss with Miledy reliably in one round. It seems you'd have to rig a lot; even with the Brave Lance, you have less than 50 displayed hit even though 4 hits can kill the boss. So if you need to get lucky to kill the boss with Miledy, why not get lucky with Roy too?

You seem to have a Talisman, and with a full Barrier boost, Roy can take one Purge hit, which has 85 displayed hit on Roy. But if you can't get a Barrier boost, you have an Angelic Robe as well.

Also, you said something about Miledy carrying Tate on turn 1 or something. How does that work?

miledy can ORKO the boss with killer lance hit + crit. i have to stretch reliability for bosses in this game because of the lower hit rates and huge throne avo bonuses. i like to draw the line there if possible.

roy getting lucky against the boss doesn't really matter, though. i can't drop him within seize range on turn 2. the only way i can see the 3-turn working is dropping roy in seize range on turn 3 with lalum dancing him, so lalum has to be dropped in the top part of the map on turn 2. right now she already has to dodge a 41 hit OHKO from a pegasus knight, and dropping her any closer would put her in the boss's purge range and also expose her to a shaman and a merc, all of which ORKO her.

miledy rescues tate on turn 1, then lalum dances miledy so that she can move farther north and drop tate.