[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

Hey Shuuda, thanks for the match. It was interesting indeed.

I just don't understand some of the moves you made against my Mega Charizard, for example putting Galvantula in. . . did you forget about spikes, perhaps?

Frankly, I was in the middle training when you challenged me, so I wasn't 100% in it. Racing drivers excuses and such.

Did you play Charizard X because you knew it would throw me off? Since you usually use Y.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see.

Anyway no.

I have both Mega Charizards, and I've planned to use this in this team since long. I didn't do it just to throw you off... Heck, that would be low.

Well, decent game anyway, though I'm hardly proud of it.

Next time, once I've got a few more Pokémon ready, I'll handle that Charizard and Aegislash with ease.

Hey Shuuda, what's your in-game name...?

I have you registered and all, but because of so many friends, I can't recognize who's who. >_<

It's Silver. Incidently, I've set up another temp team, so if anyone's up for a match...

Honestly, I'm not taking that loss sitting down, and itching for rematch.

Edited by Shuuda

I hope the others don't mind, but here are the three LuxSpes, Kon, Silver Lightning, and I did last night.

9NZG-WWWW-WWW2-S38Z This one was the one where we forgot to set level restrictions.

E55W-WWWW-WWW2-S39P Our second one.

BTBG-WWWW-WWW2-S3A7 Our third one.

Thanks! Those seemed pretty close! (well, aside from the first one of course)

That double Flamethrower on Aegislash that used King's Shield was awesome =D

And that Heal Pulse came at a really good time!

I have both Mega Charizards, and I've planned to use this in this team since long. I didn't do it just to throw you off... Heck, that would be low.

Speaking of Mega Charizards, which one is better? Y's sun boost seems pretty nice, and it's more special oriented, while X is a dragon which is always good and it's mixed with more emphasis on physical...

Also, which is better, Volcarona or Charizard Y?

Speaking of Mega Charizards, which one is better? Y's sun boost seems pretty nice, and it's more special oriented, while X is a dragon which is always good and it's mixed with more emphasis on physical...

Having spent one match doing the tango with Y, and then getting my arse handed to me by X, allow me to offer my uninformed opinion.

Taken on their own, I would say X is better overall. It's physical attack is just too much, and it's immune to burn. That said, it's weak to Earthquake, and still has a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock before mega evolving. And since he can't hold any items, there's nothing to stop you from Thunder Waving it.

Charizard Y is a special attacker, whose ability gives him boosted fire moves and one-turn Solar Beams. He's good if your opponent doesn't have anything that can handle both fire and grass moves at once. He also works well with other Pokémon use have sun based ability.

Really, it depends on what other Pokémon you have to compliment them. I personally wouldn't use any without a Rapid Spinner though.

Edited by Shuuda

Having spent one match doing the tango with Y, and then getting my arse handed to me by X, allow me to offer my uninformed opinion.

Taken on their own, I would say X is better overall. It's physical attack is just too much, and it's immune to burn. That said, it's weak to Earthquake, and still has a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock before mega evolving. And since he can't hold any items, there's nothing to stop you from Thunder Waving it.

Charizard Y is a special attacker, whose ability gives him boosted fire moves and one-turn Solar Beams. He's good if your opponent doesn't have anything that can handle both fire and grass moves at once. He also works well with other Pokémon use have sun based ability.

Really, it depends on what other Pokémon you have to compliment them. I personally wouldn't use any without a Rapid Spinner though.

Thanks for your input. I'm not planning to use them (at least not now), but I was interested in general in the main differences between the two.

So basically both can be good, depending on what other pokemon you have and what your oppoenent has. that applies to every pokemon though

Actually, now that I look at him again, Charizard X's types even out each other's weaknesses pretty nicely! Earthquake and Stealth Rock hurt though, like you said.

Alfred Kamon, do you have a Female Mawile with Ivs in Attack and Hp? I only want one from you because anything i get from you is ITalian, which can let me do the Masuda Method

I'm sorry but I don't... I've never bred a Mawile.

However I can give you a Ditto with IVs in HP and Atk if you want.

That way you can put it with a female Mawile with Everstone and get perfect children.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

That'll do just fine! Thanks for the help again.

No worries. ^^

It's even better, since you can use it for anyone and not only Mawile.

Anyway give me about 15 minutes, I'm making the couples for the tournament. When I finish I get online.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Who wants a quick battle?

Edit: Well that battle certainly wasn't "quick". I derped hard against Clefable. Amazing battle as always Alfred.

PQ5G-WWWW-WWW2-T762

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Oh, so apparently Alfred's used my Cleffa I gave him!

Yup. Made it evolve and bred it again, I got an acceptable Cleffa and trained it. It's really awesome! Thanks a lot for that. ^^

Edit: Well that battle certainly wasn't "quick". I derped hard against Clefable. Amazing battle as always Alfred.

Lol I assure you that people always try to set up on my Clefable without realizing that it's useless. I wouldn't be prepared for such a Clefable either. Hell, who uses Clefable after all...?

Yup, Amazing battle. :) Normally my Aegislash walls every Gliscor, but yours had that move instead of Earthquake... which made it quite unique.

Nice match. ^^

That Gliscor is impressing.

I'm sorry your toxic missed, but in any case my last pokémon knew Rest, you couldn't have won anyway.

That was intense, though. Really a nice battle!

I admit, taking down Mega Charizard X and Aegislash 1 on 1 made me feel pretty awesome.

I admit, taking down Mega Charizard X and Aegislash 1 on 1 made me feel pretty awesome.

Yeah. XD Also I shouldn't have used Dragon Dance and just attacked you again with Dragon Claw.

I can't stop laughing at your signature. HAHA that .gif's so epic

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Still trying for Shiny Mawile xD

Btw if you see me online, could you keep sending me Hatching Powers please? I would really appreciate it.

Same here, lol. I don't even like Mawile's shiny form much, I don't know why I'm doing this xD

Do we know if phantom force goes through king's shield?

Kamikaze Golurk for the win if so

Seriously, I trained Golurk as a joke, and he crushed on the battle spot

It should, yes.

Anyway the best way to get around King's Shield is Will-o-Wisp. KS doesn't wall from status, but only from damaging moves. And a burnt Aegislash is not dangerous at all.

Golurk FTW btw. I use to love both the No Guard + Dynamicpunch and the Iron fist + Substitute + Focus Punch sets.

@Kinumi & Severa: Yup, I'll give you some hatching power if I see you online. ^^