FE8 NM screenshot LP: No promotion, no prepromoted, 0% growth

Nicolas

Name one unpromoted unit that doesn't die to Lyon without grinding for statboosting items in the tower.

Also, the Demon King has 35 Def/Res and 18 AS.

The worst thing in Demon King is that he actually has any avoid T-T. That might be painful for me.

And you will see my plan, of course you must be patient.

Edited by Nicolas

max str gerik (you get exactly enough energy rings) does 8x2 with a silver blade (or 7x2 with steel), if you rig crits/misses that's workable

idk if anyone can even take a hit though

It's possible to have less than 100 displayed hit against Lyon if you capram some of the promoted spd/luck numbers. I had WK Vanessa dodge Naglfar on my Females Only run (she needed a pierce crit and the RNs wouldn't give me one on Player Phase) for example, and I'm sure somebody like Garm!Ross with good spd/luck could face even lower hit from him. Not a case for this challenge run, but just putting it here.

And you will see my plan, of course you must be patient.

there's no need to be coy about this; just about your only option here is a double luna crit with knoll, or a crit + hit depending on how many energy rings you give him and how much atk he'll get from supports..

lyon only has 10 luk and luna has 10 base crit. knoll has some base skl, and he gains 2.5 crit per support level (his only unpromoted partners are natasha and lute, so i guess he can only get +1 atk).

and if he's going for the luna crit, he'll probably go for A natasha B lute for the +20 hit too.

Edited by dondon151

Is it possible to hit with eclipse 1st?

Regardless, just getting to Lyon means that he needs to kill most of the enemies because warping isnt an option with only 5 range.

Maybe Im overestimating NM enemies but I dont think he will survive. And after Chp 18 and 20 The twins Prf weapons wont have a ton of uses left.

Is it possible to hit with eclipse 1st?

Regardless, just getting to Lyon means that he needs to kill most of the enemies because warping isnt an option with only 5 range.

Maybe Im overestimating NM enemies but I dont think he will survive. And after Chp 18 and 20 The twins Prf weapons wont have a ton of uses left.

NM promoted enemies are literally jokes

My plan is pretty easy: Shaman!Ewan with full hit support, few secret books (from LR) and eclipse has ~80% displayed hit against Lyon. Against Demon King is a little less funny, but still possible.

What about using eclipse? Does it work on bosses? Hitrate would only be 20 less, so ~60% for your Ewan. After you land it enough times, you can either throw in a luna hit or have someone like Gerik finish him off.

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

qj22.png

Let's start!

yi98.png

Neimi can do something useful?! O.O

a7kb.png

Shit. That's not looking good. 2 damage!

kadh.png

LOLOOLLOLO! 0% hit! I love FE8 NM!

062z.png

Sorry Orson. Because I'm too lazy to reset it you must be killed by Myrrh.

adn8.png

And the boss! His bases are sightly better than Knoll's bases.

shqk.png

Well, I won't expect that I'll end that map with Orion's Bolt.

l89t.pngy7q4.png

PWND!

03y2.png

More javelins!

[spoiler=some good level ups here]

hws0.png

djnk.png

fpio.png

dhs.PNG

lf0n.png

nwd7.png

This run is still easy. Maybe I even won't end it, because low difficult.

Ch6 is a stupid place to give you a Halberd considering the Fighter carrying it also has an Iron Axe that he'll almost never use, not to mention the fog obscures your vision.

But aside from that, things are going smoothly... only to get crushed when lategame comes around.

Edited by X-Naut

Ch6 is a stupid place to give you a Halberd considering the Fighter carrying it also has an Iron Axe that he'll almost never use, not to mention the fog obscures your vision.

But aside from that, things are going smoothly... only to get crushed when lategame comes around.

Ch 16:After taking some long-range attack it's easy.

Ch 17:Saving villages might be hard, but I probably don't really need rescue.

Ch 18:Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilers.

Ch 19:Hit Riev by eclipse and then he can be ORKO by Gerik (Killer Edge crit).

Ch 20:Damn, no warpskip. I need to find some places, which allow me to defense my units.

F:Don't look really hard, when you have eclipse.

I'm pretty sure he'll use the Iron Axe if the target isn't Seth/Franz/somebody in Halberd's KO range but not Iron Axe's. Even if you solo that part of the map with Franz/Seth, you can one-round him on player phase before he switches to the Halberd, too.

That said, there are so few dangerous cavs in the game that Halberd is kind of a waste of time. Must be helpful on this run, though.

Just give Myrrh an Angelic Robe + Talisman, and she'll survive with a full Barrier boost. Doesn't even need more AS.