Who do you think are the most overrated and underrated characters? [Fire Emblem: Awakening]

Yeah, so? Doesn't change the fact that when work is put into him, he becomes monstrous.

But you can make other characters better with that same work.

Favoritism 101: Feel free to like who you want, but don't proclaim them to be god-tier when others will suffice even more.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you can make other characters better with that same work.

Favoritism 101: Feel free to like who you want, but don't proclaim them to be god-tier when others will suffice even more.

I never said Frederick was god tier. And I still don't see how this matters. Yes, any character can be better with Second Sealing, but every character has caps too. And Frederick's are pretty on par with everyone else's from the first gen as far as I've seen.

I never said Frederick was god tier. And I still don't see how this matters. Yes, any character can be better with Second Sealing, but every character has caps too. And Frederick's are pretty on par with everyone else's from the first gen as far as I've seen.

It matters because you're saying "PUT WORK INTO FREDDY BEAR MEAT OMG AND HE'LL BE AWSUM". You're acting like Freddy Bear Meat is the only one who can take advantage of seals, when in reality, other characters can do the same, if not more. Even your oh-so-hated Sumia.

It matters because you're saying "PUT WORK INTO FREDDY BEAR MEAT OMG AND HE'LL BE AWSUM". You're acting like Freddy Bear Meat is the only one who can take advantage of seals, when in reality, other characters can do the same, if not more. Even your oh-so-hated Sumia.

And just how am I acting that way? I was merely trying to explain why anyone believing Frederick can never be good no matter what is wrong. And they seem to act like that when they ditch him just because he's a Jagen. I never said anything about other characters not being able to use Second Seals. :/

And just how am I acting that way? I was merely trying to explain why anyone believing Frederick can never be good no matter what is wrong. And they seem to act like that when they ditch him just because he's a Jagen. I never said anything about other characters not being able to use Second Seals. :/

He's ditched because, Jagen or not, other characters can do a better job with significantly less effort.

And no, I'm obviously not talking about Lunatic.

He's ditched because, Jagen or not, other characters can do a better job with significantly less effort.

And no, I'm obviously not talking about Lunatic.

You're still missing my point. My point is, I see people imply that they ditch Frederick because they don't believe he can ever be good no matter what, regardless of how much effort is put into him.

Edited by Anacybele

You're still missing my point. My point is, I see people imply that they ditch Frederick because they don't believe he can ever be good no matter what, regardless of how much effort is put into him.

And people ditched characters like FE6 Marcus because "they don't believe he can ever be good no matter what" when he can be invaluable for early-game. But after that? Benched.

Same deal with Freddy Bear Meat outside of Lunatic.

And people ditched characters like FE6 Marcus because "they don't believe he can ever be good no matter what" when he can be invaluable for early-game. But after that? Benched.

Same deal with Freddy Bear Meat outside of Lunatic.

I meant good for the entire game. >_>

Frederick's at least one of the better fathers of the game.

Debatable. IMO he's a terrible father for anyone who isn't going to be a physical support bot. (His strength and skill mods are good, but his speed mod is bleh and so is his magic mod.)

Edited by Junpei Iori

Debatable. IMO he's a terrible father for anyone who isn't going to be a physical support bot. (His strength and skill mods are good, but his speed mod is bleh and so is his magic mod.)

Honestly, I was considering the fact that he gives Luna, good STR and DEF, the cavalier line, and the wyvern rider line.

Honestly, I was considering the fact that he gives Luna, good STR and DEF, the cavalier line, and the wyvern rider line.

That's true. I'll reword my statement. Frederick makes for an usable backup father (you could do a lot better, but also a bit worse) but is best for physical support bots IMO.

Edited by Junpei Iori

Were it not for the fact that he gives -SPD, he'd be better than Stahl for Severa.

Problem is he gives -SPD. -_-;

That's true. I'll reword my statement. Frederick makes a for an alright backup father (replacement for Stahl) but is best for physical support bots IMO.

Definitely.

Were it not for the fact that he gives -SPD, he'd be better than Stahl for Severa.

Problem is he gives -SPD. -_-;

Yeah, that seriously sucks for Severa. :/ Still, I like pairing Frederick/Cordelia regardless since Stahl/Olivia is my headcanon.

Speaking of Luna, Ricken's a seriously underrated father.

He decreases speed by a little bit. It doesn't really hurt his kid that much. And besides, with that strength and defense he gives and with the right kid, his kid can hit really hard and tank like heck, making his or her speed hardly relevant. I should know, my Morgan is like this, yet his speed is still pretty decent (though it's likely due in part to his mother having good speed).

Edited by Anacybele

He decreases speed by a little bit. It doesn't really hurt his kid that much. And besides, with that strength and defense he gives and with the right kid, his kid can hit really hard and tank like heck, making his or her speed hardly relevant. I should know, my Morgan is like this, yet his speed is still pretty decent (though it's likely due in part to his mother having good speed).

I'm going to ask the question again... did you finish the game?

Moreover, your statements aren't backed up by any experience in higher difficulties to actually make those statements legitimate.

All I see is "Fred gives a -SPD, but YOU CAN JUST IGNORE THAT."

Actually... do you even have any experience marrying Frederick to anyone else, for that matter?

Edited by shadowofchaos

his speed is on par with Kellam's in terms of mods, which isn't "a little bit"

But anyway, back on topic, Sully is close to never acknowledged by the fans despite being nearly devoid of gimmicks.

I'm going to ask the question again... did you finish the game?

Moreover, your statements aren't backed up by any experience in higher difficulties to actually make those statements legitimate.

All I see is "Fred gives a -SPD, but YOU CAN JUST IGNORE THAT."

Actually... do you even have any experience marrying Frederick to anyone else, for that matter?

And I'll answer it again. No. I don't have to finish the game or play a higher difficulty to marry two characters and test out the resulted child.

So what chapters did you actually test said child on?

Because honestly, none of this is showing how "underrated" Frederick is.

I can't remember them all off the top of my head. But I know I used Morgan in DLC, a lot of powerful Risen spawns, and several story chapters. I've probably used the kid almost as much as I have his parents at this point. xP

I can't remember them all off the top of my head. But I know I used Morgan in DLC, a lot of powerful Risen spawns, and several story chapters. I've probably used the kid almost as much as I have his parents at this point. xP

These are all generic statements, you realize that, right?

There is also the fact that you've grinded Frederick.

You have no meat to your claim.

Edited by shadowofchaos

These are all generic statements, you realize that, right?

You have no meat to your claim.

Just because I can't remember every single chapter I used him in doesn't automatically mean I'm wrong. Just leave me alone already. I'm fucking sick of you picking on me ALL THE TIME.