Who do you think are the most overrated and underrated characters? [Fire Emblem: Awakening]

Oh, I see. I think I didn't explain "overrated" and "underrated" well enough... Apparently some fans don't know what the terms truly mean.

Haters actually come here and comment? So basically I created I thread for haters to come and hate the game. .__.

Well I definitely learned my lesson because I scanned through all the comments. I won't create such an "open" topic next time, then. I came here to have fun too, but apparently took the wrong steps and created a thread haters can easily bash the game. Thanks for your honesty, now I know how threads work. :^_^:

I think there will always be bashers. It doesn't matter how strongly you work the opening post. Some people just read the title and skip ahead. It's just best to hope that there's a good conversation among other people along with the haters.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will always be bashers. It doesn't matter how strongly you work the opening post. Some people just read the title and skip ahead. It's just best to hope that there's a good conversation among other people along with the haters.

Yeah true, haters exist everywhere. So no matter what you say, there will always be one person that disagrees. That's what I hoped for, hopefully I didn't start any flame wars.

Virion is, honestly, the most underrated character in the game.

People tend to dismiss him as just a womanizer but he's one of the few characters in FE13 that is more than just his 'gimmick.'

And I agree with you. For some reason, he actually becomes a pretty solid unit later in the game...He starts out fragile, but makes it up later. Especially if you pair him up with someone. If he has low health, simply switch places with the stronger partner. Plus Virion's one of the two archers in the whole game... Archers can be handy to have sometimes.

Man you really love this man don't you ?

You are making this thread feel like he's a Overrated FE : Awakening character.

It's Michael Motherfucking Jordan. Chicago represent! *Fistpump*

Overrated: Tharja and Gregor. Tharja has horrendous skill so i have no idea why people love to use her. gregor is just too slow which is something i dislike about him.

Underrated: Lissa and Maribelle both are awesome healers who can be great dodge machines and their personalities are unique not creepy like tharja;s.

You know who's overrated?

DLC Anna.

She's not even the hardest thing on her wave let alone her map. [she's actually quite the cool-down boss]

She's just a fair target who's good for theorycrafting and average damage testing.

Just saw someone saying how hard she is on another site. I had to link -that- video for them.

In my opinion, it's Anna, Say'ri, and Kellam... why? Because, for some reason I can't bare to bring myself to use Kellam... Say'ri is, again in my opinion, cannon foddr, and Anna, although I love her to death, will probably end up being one of the worst units (even if I second seal, then master seal, then second seal to another second tier class, she probably won't be as strong as my other units (so basically I want to use her but am afraid).

I think Laurent is Lord Commander of Underrated Characters. Kellam is his second in command. Put Yarne in those ranks too.

Overrated? Cordelia. Both negatively and positively. Tharja and Owain got slapped with this too.

Say'ri is underated. She is a pretty solid unit and my favorite character in awakening. Yet the main source of her bashing comes from people who say she stole Virons screen time.

Overrated? I hate that word so you dont get one from me

I hate Say'ri because no supports. She's instabenched in all my games.

Anyway, would be interesting to do a story mode run, just for fun. Units you must use would include Avatar, Frederick, Say'ri, Basilio and Flavia.

Virion having more screen time in Valm wouldn't work well. He's hated there because of leaving the country cowardly after Walhart invaded everything. If anything, the resistance movement would probably go against Chrom if they found out Virion was fighting alongside him.

Edited by Malebolganone

I hate Say'ri because no supports. She's instabenched in all my games.

Anyway, would be interesting to do a story mode run, just for fun. Units you must use would include Avatar, Frederick, Say'ri, Basilio and Flavia.

Virion having more screen time in Valm wouldn't work well. He's hated there because of leaving the country cowardly after Walhart invaded everything. If anything, the resistance movement would probably go against Chrom if they found out Virion was fighting alongside him.

Good thing he always somehow manages to get wrecked in the first few chapters of my playthroughs...

Say'ri is underated. She is a pretty solid unit and my favorite character in awakening. Yet the main source of her bashing comes from people who say she stole Virons screen time.

HOW DARE SHE STOLE MY MAGNIFICENT SCREENTIME, THINK OF ALL THE MAJESTIC MOMENTS WE MISSED

Say'ri becomes irrelevant the moment the Valmese arc is over, which I don't like. She could have had a support with Lon'qu

That's the case with most RPG/RTS with arcs, though. The character is still there, but doesn't play a major role in the story. If it helps, (I think) Say'ri is one of the people who speaks something in the final chapter, though.

That's the case with most RPG/RTS with arcs, though. The character is still there, but doesn't play a major role in the story. If it helps, (I think) Say'ri is one of the people who speaks something in the final chapter, though.

Every unit speaks something in the final chapter, as long as they're present on the battlefield. It's a damn shame if you ask me

It could have worked with some clever writing and us actually being able to see Rosanne though. It would have made for some interesting civilian conflict and further character development for all involved.

It could have worked with some clever writing and us actually being able to see Rosanne though. It would have made for some interesting civilian conflict and further character development for all involved.

Hard to disagree with you. Which is why I think this game should've had 50 story chapters instead of 25 and a ton of paralogues.