FE12 H3 Blind Playthrough Log

Irysa

C1 barely offers any exp to Level 6 units i'm afraid. So I don't think it's feasible to gain a level with Draug in C1 in LTC. Good to know for casual play I suppose.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caeda and Linde were really clutch this chapter.

[spoiler=Chapter 16]

YYTFeYp.pngmgTRQSC.pngPRGl4vX.png

If Caeda's dead, does this line change?

HAIh1tg.pngqcYZ6yl.png

Honestly, if this was a lower difficulty run I'd totally use Jeorge, his new portrait in this game makes him look so much more handsome.

9IQiIWq.png

Ogma wasn't deployed beacuse he can't double most of the enemies on the map, wheras Draug can.

fEldeYp.png

See?

qj8nI8A.pngZf3Agxi.png

Catria crit with Levin Sword. She doubles at 20%~ critrate, but Palla can finish the thief off anyway. Although retrospectively, this actually might have been kind of neccessary, since I never got to try it without her critting here, so it might have affected AI movement or something. Palla swapped her back to steel instead. I think I could have probably deployed Catria as a Falcoknight this map and just given her Iotes and Starsphere here to let her ORKO the thief with that forged Javelin from last chapter and keep my positioning here overall.

e38treN.pngvQfIsDI.pngWD7lCdM.png

It's actually kinda important that Palla doesn't crit the first Hero to attack her or she gets exposed twice. Catria crit, but since she didn't get hit by the Sniper it doesn't matter, she has plenty HP to spare.

YnTdo2S.png6so2A8W.pnght4YGh6.png

Merric kills a Hero, hits B tomes, Jeorge recruits Astram.

pFnrMU8.pngPbWytNR.png

Pretty sure Marth can practically ORKO Astram at this point. I'd like to see him try.

ioZvaJ3.png9NvQEcx.png

Jeorge chipped the Hero behind Astram, Starsphere!MU killed the Hero with a Handaxe. I sent the Starsphere back to the convoy so I can pass it to Draug in a minute.

zS1tmbC.pngsWnYcJE.pngg7cqabt.png

Catria finishes off another hero, Caeda moves into position to kill this Sniper. Doubling at 45% critrate translates to about a 70% chance to kill this guy immediately, which is awesome.

OBU2Dey.png

Sirius + Marth killed the other Sniper, Jeorge gets danced to chip a Hero for a Palla (who gets topped up by Linde) to finish off.

k30CeFO.png

Astram blocks the treasure room off.

O7XWFCZ.pngYp7HBLC.png

Marth is danced to reach Draug who's ready to kill the Geosphere Thief, and convoypasses him Starsphere. 32 AS with Starsphere doubles the guy. Technically not necessary since Draug + Marth can kill the Thief anyway, but come on, bragging rights about doubling 28 AS enemies!

GxVMnpR.pngAzdkY3E.pngDzCEElq.png

The other thieves are non aggressive so they just kind of ran into a wall for me to kill.

Hggca96.png

Sirius is still the only guy on my team who can use Mercurius.

3R0KdMk.pngOyZnGtL.pngRfi7iRN.png

Get wrecked.

FiNHV6x.png6vtmZct.png

I take the opportunity to save and rig Linde mag whilst she and Merric are healing.

XomznAh.png

I run everyone into the room before the chests before Marth starts looting.

OpVwIIX.png

Honestly if I wasn't just doing a completionist run, I can definitely see the appeal of just LTCing this map and Thief Staffing the Speedwing, Rescue Staff and Bullion and seizing through the trap in one go.

7ryEWpZ.png

So many reinforcements...

5eseXSz.png1aT1adY.png

A lot of these Warriors have Killer Bows, but Caeda has such insanely high luck that she basically entirely negates it, even ignoring support bonuses. Plus she has high chance to kill them with her own Killer bow doubling back at them!

OUtjM8L.pngfmYmixE.pngh6fafdq.png

To avoid a lot of shots of trading around items, I'll just explain my general strat. Basically, get Merric to heal/barrier Caeda repeatedly on this wall, have her kill a Mage, then dance Merric to trade off her weapons and heal her again, so she doesn't get exposed multiple times on EP and can tank a hit. If Caeda dodges (and she dodges quite a bit), I can get Draug to kill a mage to the side and dance him off instead. Whenever a Warrior comes up I let Linde ORKO with Starsphere Elfire, then dance her to safety instead (not always needed since they all move up differently) She also can ORKO soldiers whenever she has a chance. I can kinda just leave Palla or Catria unequipped to block the entrance. Draug got str and skill somewhere in here.

Caeda is very important to this strat because her luck and support avo mean the Killer Bow Warriors don't break turn order to try to kill her with a high chance of crit, and let the mages go first. This way, the Warriors are always sitting on their Axes so Linde gets to kill them for free.

P0UTnO5.pnggnnNXrI.png

Suffice to say, eventually most of the enemies are dead so I push out. Marth looted all the chests earlier, gets fed another kill.

7Zk6jED.png

Caeda is so awesome.

YI5JU11.png3PYj95F.png

Now I just have to deal with the boss. That's easier said than done though considering all the siege tome magic around there.

ifM5QNY.png2lbS2W7.png

Healing and stuff.

DxfVcyx.pngc86YcQK.png

Caeda and Sirius lure the two Swarm Bishops so my other units can get close enough.

gcXJRKA.png5iEQgCn.png

Linde chips a General for Marth. (I should have used a non crit tome, I had to reset to make sure she didn't take it herself a few times lol)

HNIGAKM.png

Draug gets the right Swarmer.

2Epylvz.png

MU gets danced to kill the Sniper. Feena was Barriered by Merric.

daGjWFb.png5amP0Ut.png

Astram goes to this tile because only the boss can hit here, not the other swarmer. I probably should have just killed the left Bishop instead, derp. Luckily, you can't double with Siege Tomes in DSFE so Astram is fine.

k7hJru8.pngnd4EUf0.png

I mop the rest of the Bishops up. Catria hits B Swords as a SM. Might come in handy later. Note that I managed to make sure the Bishops at the boss gave me a full use fortify and physic, as there were never any enemies slightly damaged for them to heal, cleans kills all the way.

zS22Ycx.pngknUVadq.png

Boss kill to MU. He's str capped.

Boqv2Ja.png

Marth seizes turn 23

d2hbyfc.pngppgriFT.pngqgd8jRN.pngsBobEie.png

Not this shit again. What confuses me right now is why Lena though, since she's not of royal blood. As far as I can guess at this point, Gharnef wants to ressurect Medeus with Aum or some kind of ressurection magic of some kind, I do remember the "ressurectory" being referenced in Shadow Dragon. However, only Princesses can use the Aum Staff or w/e, so why Lena....?

QHS5J2F.png

Time to fill Katarina's dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        23.41       42    20    00    23    23    24    15    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/12.01     52    30    02    21    27    15    15    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/10.90     39    21    01    21    30    11    13    03       D SWORD B BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/09.56     46    23    01    25    25    17    16    03       C SWORD B BOW
Sirius     SwrdMaster ??/13.62     39    19    01    29    29    11    18    03       A SWORD (A LANCE D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/14.12     50    26    01    26    23    13    24    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/14.13     50    24    03    26    26    25    20    14       A LANCE D SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/11.09     43    18    01    26    29    30    15    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/10.12     36    03    19    25    25    25    05    13       B TOME A STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/09.86     45    03    16    20    23    20    10    12       B TOME B STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/01.16     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      26.74       35    18    00    25    25    30    09    01       E SWORD

Feena's stats make me lol.

Other run, MU promoted at 3x at level 13, since it helped Linde get more EXP plus there's no promoted enemies for 2 chapters anyway so his exp gain will be dongs when he's that far ahead. It's gonna help in ch4 to have such a strong Horseman/Hero anyway. The game is way easier earlygame when you funnel EXP into a few units who you know you're gonna use longterm lol, trying to spread exp across Cecille, Ryan, Rody and Luke was such a huge mistake in this run. MU ORKOing Dracoknights like nobody's business, Pirate Draug doubling like a boss, etc.

Edited by Irysa

Not this shit again. What confuses me right now is why Lena though, since she's not of royal blood. As far as I can guess at this point, Gharnef wants to ressurect Medeus with Aum or some kind of ressurection magic of some kind, I do remember the "ressurectory" being referenced in Shadow Dragon. However, only Princesses can use the Aum Staff or w/e, so why Lena....?

Lena was from a Macedonian noble family, though. She was even offered the chance to marry Michalis.

They might be stretching with the 'of royal blood' part, but quoting the original FE3 script it was along the lines of "To awaken a dragon requires the life force of females with pure and noble blood".

Edited by Topazd255

Where exactly is that specified? I don't remember reading anything like that anywhere in Shadow Dragon, so I can only assume it's an FE3/12 exclusive, yet I don't remember seeing that here either.

For some reason it was only addressed in Matthis's recruitment convo in FE3 Book1. Kind of odd how being a cleric of noble birth is a strict requirement but that's the only time they ever establish that Lena fits into that category.

The hilarious thing about that is the fact that even Sheeda is able to use the Aum Staff. Gharnef should have kidnapped her instead of Elice IMO(Sheeda is also hotter)

And i'm amazed you manage to reach ch. 16 that quickly rofl

Caeda couldn't reclass in the original SNES game :p

Also idk. C2, 3, 4, 5 are total hell. 6 is tricky, 7 is not that bad, then I cheesed 8 (pretty sure it wouldn't be that hard anyway). 9 and 10 are easy, 11 12 are tricky, 13 and 14 are easy, 15 is easy as long as you can kill the ballista STAT and have enough units to kill the Pallies and Horsemen (I could have given Linde a Robe, the dusts and Nosferatanked them if I didn't meet dmg requirements). 16 is hard. I'd say out of the midgame dragon chapters only 12 really stands out as being a real challenge so far. (iirc that's where you quit your run too lol)

And the first few chapters are exponentially easier on my other run where I just pumped exp into MU, Draug and Airforce and totally ignored everyone else. I guess Linde gets some exp here and there.

For some reason it was only addressed in Matthis's recruitment convo in FE3 Book1. Kind of odd how being a cleric of noble birth is a strict requirement but that's the only time they ever establish that Lena fits into that category.

Ah, I see. How odd.

Edited by Irysa

Yeah Chapter 12 is pretty tricky compared to the others.

I actually finished up to the Ice Dragon chapter. Its just making the write up by posting the image on imgur is kind off tiring even with my brand new "no lag" laptop AKA laziness

The fact that I played tons of doto and sleep so much lately doesn;t help the case rofl

Here's a quick outtake of C16x whilst I'm uploading the actual thing.

Other run: Jesus christ, it is not funny how much easier this game is early on when you dump as much exp as possible into MU. I beat fucking C4 and 5 in one sitting since promoted MU obliterated everything on the map. T_T

I'm losing interest in completing that run since I figure it's going to mostly turn out the same anyway. I should probably do that no MU run instead once I unlock mixed sets.

Edited by Irysa

[spoiler=16x stuff]

PcHNlcl.png

Can't be bothered to paste all the dialogue stuff so I'll just say; the assassin stuff in this chapter went went so far past the edge and upped the cheese factor so much that I think I actually managed to actually feel something that wasn't contempt for it. I don't know how that works, but hey, I did manage to feel a little happy about recruiting Katarina, even though she's going to hit the bench. The whole "must talk 3 times whilst she's aggressive" thing would work better if she actually had threatening stats though. <_<

JoRbIvI.png

I can also get behind this.

Oh yeah, somehow Linde Merric convo 3 fit in exactly after ch16, and it was a pretty nice one as well.

f64i2Ji.pngDa3ZyVO.pngVTv4vad.png

lV5NV7M.pngIQn8eNa.pngbehjxQV.png

mOzpIuS.pngd5AdI4l.pngfbJxrtr.png

"If you look closely you can pinpoint the exact moment the exact moment her heart breaks in two"

Okay maybe that reference is pushing it but still. It legit baffles me how bad most of the MU base convos are compared to the side char x side char ones.

Catria stole Ogma's kill at the end, and got res AGAIN (6 procs of 10% lol), and Marth's level up was pretty fail. Fortunately Merric was awesome, and he hit A staves! So I've got 3 units at A rank Staves now, not counting if Xane copies someone.

BTW, is the BGM on this and Prologue 8 a remix of any prior FE theme or just a new track? I really like it.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        24.41       42    20    00    23    23    24    16    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/12.24     52    30    02    21    27    15    15    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/11.11     40    22    01    22    30    12    13    03       D SWORD B BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/10.22     47    24    01    26    26    18    17    03       C SWORD B BOW
Sirius     Paladin    ??/13.62     39    21    01    24    23    11    20    06       A SWORD A LANCE (D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/14.12     50    26    01    26    23    13    24    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/15.14     51    24    03    26    26    26    20    15       A LANCE D SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/11.09     43    18    01    26    29    30    15    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/10.12     36    03    19    25    25    25    05    13       B TOME A STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/10.12     46    03    17    21    24    20    10    12       B TOME A STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/01.16     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      27.04       35    19    00    25    25    30    09    01       E SWORD

I'm beginning to worry about MU's def. I still have a Dracoshield from ch 15 and I guess I can buy more at the secret shop before endgame for him though. I might give Ogma a speedwing for the next chapter so he can double those Warriors. Nobody else really needs one aside from potentially Paladin!Sirius, Marth will likely cap speed himself. Either Merric or Linde can probably kill Gharnef at this rate, but I guess I'll try to let Linde do it just for closure, but the Dusts can hang around for now I guess.

Feena finally has more str than Caeda lol.

Edited by Irysa

[spoiler=Chapter 17]

Yy89wYd.pngJYonCPB.pngus1lpqh.png

I think FE9 handled the gimmick from C10 and this chapter better, but it had the benefit of the shove system, so I can't really fault it over that. This is another great intro shot though.

r37ILzg.png

This is the first time I've failed in the eyes of Jagen :(

tDxxXgg.pngUMWgIp6.png

I like how on Lunatic they STILL decided to give them forged Silvers instead of the junk iron weapons or w/e they've got on lower difficulties.

cs6JBu5.png

FOR ONCE I ACTUALLY HAVE A MAP I COULD USE THIS ON.

lRLf1IJ.png

I have a personal dislike for this map in casual play beacuse of SD, had to spend ages running Marth from the top villages to the throne. Although there there was the benefit of rushing the boss before the Macedonian reinforcements started. I gave Ogma a speedwing so he could double some of the enemies on this map, most notably an annoying Sniper.

Uexi0mA.png

My first run of this map Feena died to surprise reinforcements. Then I said fuck it and went to look at reinforcement data again. So much for a map I wasn't looking at info for.

8Q0vy2O.pngeYiKORc.pngVc0voNt.pngqXlFn1Y.png

So why is he leaving Archanean Soldiers and REINFORCEMENTS here then if he's actually ditched you? <_<

tBPcCKC.png

MU + Merric kill the left Sniper. Merric's positioning lets him Excaliblick a Dracoknight on EP, and MU lures a Longbow Sniper into range so that I can ORKO him through the wall next turn.

oGUrEJf.png

Danced Caeda + Catria get this Warrior. I have to have Catria move this far down so she can reach the Nosferatu thief in time.

MhJzFVa.png

Sirius + Draug get another Warrior. Draug's lower def should lure a Warrior from the middle, as long as Sirius' crappy luck doesn't get in the way. <_<

ExeIzXq.png

And Marth heads off to the top left village + provide anti crit bonus to MU. Ogma is positioned to blick a Spear Draco on EP.

a2p7ZOY.pnguAZzXuw.pngeXoOKo5.pngLXfDlWz.png

Starsphere+Iotes Catria lures a sniper, Draug crits the Warrior (this isn't a big deal, I have units spare on turn 2 anyway.) Rest of the EP plays out as planned.

ewMOCpR.png30bPyQH.png

Catria oneshots the Nosferatu thief with a Silver. Sirius finishes off the Sniper.

kXjLknx.png

If Palla had managed to proc str as a SM on the previous map she could ORKO this Sniper w/Lady Sword. The fact she doesn't just means I use a Killer instead, but even if she doesn't crit at least once doubling for 39% critrate, I can get Linde to finish off from 2 range safely. Linde would also have killed the Warrior if Draug hadn't crit with Feena dance.

FsnS96x.png

Palla pulls through however.

79RhuSq.pngFvyVKMT.png

More Excaliblick, Ogma just barely ORKO's this Sniper so I don't have to rely on a Killer crit.

MBmxaHD.pngsYENrEd.pngKDs9kHf.png

Caeda, Draug and MU get the other Dracos. All clear.

8FBNKkU.pngrWst0vi.png

Linde didn't have to help with anything this turn since I was lucky, so I just got her to heal twice with Feena. Marth went for the village.

u911JhC.png63TBMRL.png

This is actually kinda risky since that one of the Draco reinforcements has a Killer Lance and Sirius' luck is less than ideal for dealing with that. It's not like Palla's luck is any better though, so I'd have had to do something like Paladin!Caeda and Sniper!Sirius which is a complete waste (I think I'd have had to chuck a wing to Sirius to get him to double like Caeda does vs some of these enemies too )

uwsCTYj.png

Palla crits again.

HBsvpQM.png

Yeah see, 18% crit. Pretty gross.

AuhwiKU.pngmrySNX5.png

Blegh.

5b8Qbm0.pngejAoopN.png

And that's the reinforcements from the right all dead...

FUz2yMZ.png

Merric heals MU and continues to be a bro. If he procs speed and mag again Linde has nothing over him anymore aside from a few points of luck, skill and res...

iSGf7QR.pngKT6H7Ac.png

Marth will defend this village from the evil thief!

YrqlxBi.png72rjl7o.png

And the southern reinforcements are down.

0tKXw4Y.pngvZTVXZj.png

Draug levels like a boss and hits A Bows for Parthia! Whoo.

3xELvp1.png

Since Linde didn't get to kill anything I give the Unlock staff to her instead so she can soak some exp from opening doors.

tgAUhzO.pngsT3TgiH.pngLL5ZGpt.png

That is the worst lie I have ever heard Marth. All you do to these fucking villages is make them give you something. >:(

AWalHYu.png

IUU8uXN.pngc3VUJuA.png

Save before opening the bottom right door. Dead sniper. I'm trying to get Ogma to B swords as a Horseman so I could arms scroll him for Mercurius access or something.

L9Dy63q.png

MU can't quite ORKO that warrior at 2 range so I just left him to lure on EP.

2qVpBTe.pngjWVUekV.pngbHJYpvz.pngr2ZmLgp.png

Caeda~ and Draug get the Warrior blocking the entrance. Sirius goes to block the sniper.

LYfGIt9.pngOmMmJJB.png

Both MU and Sirius crit, which is nice but obviously not neccessary.

gPB57nl.png

I give Sirius the Sniper kill. That's it for currently visible Archanean Soldiers.

ckaE73s.png

Staffbotting...

q6I9Uqg.png

I hate trekking Marth all over the place for chests and stuff but it's hard to justify deploying Julian when you need as many combat units as possible for security in Lunatic.

P597Mn7.png

MOST GREEN NUMBERS = BEST UNIT

kM76Qo9.pngkPstgyU.png

...free silvers I guess. Although I guess on lower difficulties he can actually oneshot some Dracos on this map.

AfBiwAj.pngmKt1xzJ.png

Turns later I save with Tomas before I open the door to see what kind of weapons and behaviour the reinforcements + enemies behind the door have.

AmfqrDS.png

The top ones have some spears so I can manipulate the AI to get rid of those on EP.

wiYUHHa.png

Samson doesn't rush out the room yet so I guess he only activates when I get in range, in which case I don't need to worry about having to do something annoying like Dance Marth to recruit Sheema > Sheema off the throne to recruit Samson > Again Staff Marth > Seize.

b19JuPi.pngG56cb6G.png1hsT9Z7.png

Reloaded a save to execute positioning properly. Catria chokes the doorway, Merric blicks one of the left Dracos, the first moving Spear Draco gets lured to Draug, dies, then the second Spear one can't reach him so he goes after Ogma instead and also dies.

Ra9jeD8.png

I gave Ogma 2 more Draco kills on my next turn. Merric chipped one so he could get a sword KO.

yA3g4Jr.png

:facepalm:

Zi4h8Ma.pngYAxZllQ.pnggTvqphg.pngvJ01oJe.png

As for these dudes, I mopped all but one up easily.

7L3qaps.png

Well, I guess he might be needing a statbooster or two to cap after all. Str at least seems pretty unlikely since he has to get it 5 more times consecutively. I don't know how much def Marth wants for endgame, since I'm probably going to have to give MU a Dracoshield or two as well.

1GsX9Ft.png

MU crit the Tomahawk Warrior, I was going to feed it to Marth again. Oh well.

2o6VlpI.pngxt1UE4U.png

Dance Marth to Sheema, Sheema off the throne, recruit Samson, seize turn 25. The Sheema and Samson recruit dialogues are pretty sappy so I didn't bother capping them.

nBrN9vh.png

Why would you ask probably the dumbest member of the team for a plan. :|

God.

g2LvaXs.png

Staffbot in case you didn't train one. Uh. Hi.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

Marth      Lord        25.03       43    20    00    23    23    25    16    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/12.99     52    30    02    21    27    15    15    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/12.84     41    23    01    23    30    12    13    03       D SWORD A BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/12.06     49    24    01    26    28    19    17    03       C SWORD B BOW             WING
Sirius     Paladin    ??/14.39     40    22    01    25    24    12    20    06       A SWORD A LANCE (D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/14.58     50    26    01    26    23    13    24    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/15.73     51    24    03    26    26    26    20    15       A LANCE D SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/12.08     44    18    01    27    29    30    16    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/11.78     37    03    19    26    25    26    05    13       B TOME A STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/11.60     47    03    18    22    24    21    10    12       B TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      28.54       35    20    00    25    25    30    10    01       E SWORD
Edited by Irysa

What a bland chapter. I let Linde nosferatank it since if the devs can't be bothered to do more than dump a bunch of enemies in a big ball then I can't be bothered to come up with an elegant strategy.

[spoiler=Chapter 18]

R48fGQB.pngItG8UJH.png3SLUJYm.png

I'm a big fan of purple but Wolf and Roshea's armor palllete has always bothered me a bit for some reason.

1e8z1bg.png

Of course.

NAKljrJ.png

Drilled Linde for Mag and gave her a Spirit Dust + Angelic Robe so she can Nosferatank the bottom half of the map by herself.

eYnwKKF.png

Deployed Sorcerer!Dolph (lol) to lure a Ballista off her (same def, lower luck/avd)

rajKmA3.pngcyQDLAR.png847o0EC.pngs3JO33G.png

Uz2Xk3P.pngyaJfRSw.pngCO5YZcf.pngGjMVv02.png

Ah Sedgar, my shield in the last war. Doing the only thing Caeda can't do for you, take a hit!

I've heard in the original you can't recruit these guys again and you're forced to either avoid or kill them. It feels like a bit of a silly change since you can here, but on the flipside the remake's additional script and overall tone would contrast a lot more strongly with a situation like that. I don't know, words are hard, I'm trying to say that in FE3 it probably felt more like a sad inevitability but when there's all this Power-Of-Friendship and LETS NOT LET ANYONE DIE in FE12 that they felt it would stick out too much.

71aAKBk.png

Because I'm a compassionate leader (ignore the Astram Heroes and Jeorge Snipers I killed) I'm going to get Marth here on turn 1 so I don't have to kill any Wolfguard, even generics.

DbDaOJt.pngX4JKkXl.png

Starsphere Palla and Sirius kill these Pallies, Palla is so awesome she doesn't need a Ridersbane to do it.

qqIITwx.png

Catria DevilSwords this guy since I realise I'm actually shockingly close to C swords and having an potential Armorslayer Wielding Falcoknight could be pretty awesome. I'd have to Arms Scroll Sirius to get a DK with a Hammer for comparison. Sirius is actually carrying a Geosphere too so she crit.

i9uKSG5.pngZ3i6Zrk.pngFhkAOs8.png

Ademvsc.pngd2Vughj.png7FQ4o6T.png

tiIyG3r.pngo6rhvia.pngbeuzjb4.png

I haven't killed any Aurelians though :(

And it's a bit odd saying that they will remain neutral, yet "pledge allegiance".

fNJcdbU.png

Only the Darksphere left now!

qu95RnC.png

I chuck MU here since he's 99 exp so may as well chip this Pally for a level on EP.

6iANvgR.png

Bye Wolfguard!

P8ezUZ7.png5iR0ya9.png

Speed capped. It's kinda funny how despite overall really good his stats are, how iffy MU has been in terms of usability. If only the Warrior caps weren't so bad so he could put his Bow Rank to some more use whilst not having shitty caps. :\

Being Class B in mid/lategame really sucks unless you're a Horseman. Maybe I'll throw arms scrolls at him to make him my third Horseman in endgame, who knows.

pVUjmn8.png

Ogma chips and Marth KO's (Fortify Bishops healed the Paladin so it's neccessary)

A8eUGiJ.pnghrEEp67.png

Pass the Starsphere to Linde, Dance Catria and get them both into position.

56lLHGA.png4gLLHin.png

Safety save.

AqU8mus.pngep82W3E.png

Catria ORKO's one of the Ballista.

66qviPD.png

Linde gets danced to stand in range of every General...

Fpp9g1n.png43DQZ6o.png

Dolph goes here to lure the Ballista.

8ll5zSa.png

Infuriatingly, the Killer Lance guy can just barely get disp crit on Catria so he goes for her instead. I could have tossed her a Goddess Icon to avoid this but w/e, I still might sell those depending on if I need superforges or more statboosters (no silver card) for endgame. Ironically, Catria crit him back instead.

Eb3kJdv.pngKN8gUNF.png

Linde decimates the entire enemy army and manages to get some pretty good growths!

mgg0hpE.png

After that I let Catria whack the Ballista a bit and Ogma whack Bishops for Sword Rank (Marth gets a BIshop as well).

Z7TR33f.png

Catria C Swords as a Falcoknight.

4JsZMF3.pngU1dbobC.png

Linde chips the "boss" and Ogma takes the kill. Marth seizes turn 6.

OToVyW3.pngdpr6TEf.png

dxM28Ec.png7rgdRpm.png

How much MU dicksucking can we fit in at the cost of Marth's character before the end of the game I wonder. :\

God.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

Marth      Lord        25.50       43    20    00    23    23    25    16    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/13.08     53    30    02    21    28    16    16    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/12.84     41    23    01    23    30    12    13    03       D SWORD A BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/12.65     49    24    01    26    28    19    17    03       C SWORD B BOW             WING
Sirius     Paladin    ??/14.54     40    22    01    25    24    12    20    06       A SWORD A LANCE (D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/14.73     50    26    01    26    23    13    24    05       A LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)   ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/16.45     52    24    03    26    26    27    20    15       A LANCE C SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/12.08     44    18    01    27    29    30    16    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/14.27     47    03    23    28    25    29    05    14       B TOME A STAFF            ROBE, DUST
Merric     Sage       18/11.60     47    03    18    22    24    21    10    12       B TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      28.94       35    20    00    25    25    30    10    01       E SWORD
Edited by Irysa

It looks pretty interesting yeah. I did a little testing already and killing the boss + rescue staffing the boss killer out seems to not trigger reinforcements, so I will probably utilise that. However, does Vyland still spawn on visiting Roshea's village if the boss is dead? Since he's also a reinforcement.

Avatar is supposed to be literally you. So when the characters commend Avatar or "dicksuck" him, they're supposed to be praising you for your strategy in the chapter. It's awkward, yes, but that's how FE is gonna be from now on probably.

If you kill the boss before Vyland shows up, he doesnt show up much like the rest of the reinforcements.

Edited by PKgone

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'll be sure to do that.

In FE3, you could recruit Roshea in the next chapter's village. The other Wolfguard members didn't show up at all.

I see. That does seem like an improvement over the original then!

Avatar is supposed to be literally you. So when the characters commend Avatar or "dicksuck" him, they're supposed to be praising you for your strategy in the chapter. It's awkward, yes, but that's how FE is gonna be from now on probably.

If you kill the boss before Vyland shows up, he doesnt show up much like the rest of the reinforcements.

Well the thing is, it's pretty hard to say that MU/Avatar is meant to be a self insert when they are wholly their own character with their own backstory and nuances in dialogue and such. You can make allowances as a player, but when there's a significant disconnect between the two of you, it's hard to really immerse/empathise fully. I don't feel that I am Chris, I am just observing Chris's story, and as a character, Chris is bland and uninteresting. Thus when the script decides to constantly pander to Chris, it feels absurd.

It's far easier for me to associate and think of a character as "me" in the context of almost dialogless games such as Wizardry when I make myself the party leader. Or my own characters in Souls games. I have no more control over Chris than I do over any other character in every other FE game, inserting as Chris makes as much sense as inserting as Marth. Actually to be fair, even dialog heavy rpgs such as Fallout or SMT3 allow for some more geninue personal touches to your characterisation to the point where you feel connected to them.

Edited by Irysa

Didn't FE13 have a mute avatar option for Japanese? I was pretty annoyed when I heard that was removed in the localised release. Although, from what I understand it doesn't really affect the plot or the way character's respond all that much anyway so...

I do like the concept of being able to cusomise your own personal unit, but I'd ask if it's actually important to give that unit a high amount of relevance relative to other characters? Why can't they just be another member of the army, as opposed to taking the spotlight? Oh well, obviously there's no point in me asking you, or anyone in this board in particular about it. It's a thing IS has done and will likely continue to do so in the future, so all I can do is accept it begrudgingly.

Edited by Irysa

I'm pretty happy with this strategy, so much so that I actually recorded a video for this but even at 4x the thing is 12 minutes long lol. I doubt anyone will watch it but there it is, a testament to why I don't do vids all that much in this run! Also sorry if the music isn't to your taste, just grabbed a song that roughly fit.

[spoiler=Chapter 19]

W1h0hU5.png

It's technically the penultimate battle... (I kind of prefer the other translation of "last decisive battle")

L3SLtFB.pngbnjCjkQ.png3FH51Qc.pngVGnY8bF.png

Love this intro.

wVlu1mb.png

Forged a Ridersbane to oneshot Paladins with since it makes the chapter less of a headache.

aZ7En3T.png

I was initially wracking my brains on trying to figure out how to somehow kill the northern Pallies so Marth can get to the village, recruit Roshea, get him over to Vyland, and still have the boss die 2 turns after that to not get swarmed by Dracos, but the requirements to make that all meet up in like 4 or so turns made my head hurt.

So I opted for a bit of a cheesier strat, but it's really safe and really secure.

RLyhNsU.pngcaHcHgD.png44ydhT0.pngtzS2h2y.png

Fuck you MU.

V4tbB8m.pngrMiLnaY.png

Catria all the way right to ORKO Warriors with her Devil Sword. Unequipped Palla moves to pull 2 generals and a horseman, whilst Sirius and Caeda lure ballista.

ZDb8T4z.pnghhUtRBA.pngyEXsKa1.png

Pulling the Generals clears the path to the boss (which is important later). Catria has the Lifesphere so she doesn't need to be healed next turn immediately.

5JRE8m9.pngFcgn8XX.png

Silver Bow guy dead. Physic Catria so she can tank both.

goNuwGL.png

Pull back the rest of my fliers and start spamming heals.

SggPUG7.pngmHXHrTY.pngySjnLl3.pngaPNFa1x.png

Lifesphere is such a useful item for frontliners.

e6nkIL9.pngx4R63wF.png

Since all the Warriors are dead, Xane can now fly over to fufill an important role, protecting the village! He has vulneraries so he heals himself whilst flying over, and reaches it just in time for turn 4. Vyland spawns if the thieves are attacked, but since I fight the thief on EP, and reinforcements are start of EP, I get an extra turn to work with.

9bse8mn.png4ygEv5R.png

Can't quite oneshot them with silver so I just use steel then kill them next turn.

WrV7T3X.png

Meanwhile Catria is over here to ORKO one of Vyland's Pallies, whilst Palla gets another 2 with her Ridersbane forge.

CXY11lP.pngldmxKZ7.png7ztRYfr.pngkWz0P2Q.png

Palla oneshot a Pally but missed another. Erm, let's see if I can recover from that. Even if all the Pallies roll high she can just about survive, but I could have tossed her a robe or a dracoshield if I needed to to do this.

4rBiLfU.png

Final thief is dead.

GHFWniF.png1sUznsg.png

I mop up the Paladins with combinations of Ridersbane, Poleaxes, Rapiers and all that jazz. Vyland should go after unequipped Linde so I can trap him at the bottom of the map. Catria passed the Starsphere to Caeda so she can double the boss.

S4QPZvL.png

I'm pretty sure even Feena can ORKO Vyland. That is depressing.

5PjG5Db.png

Boss has to die now so the Dracoknight swarm doesn't spawn this EP.

bdMc6NX.pngisCI5wy.png

Caeda crit because she's awesome but I had Palla ready to chuck a javelin to get the kill if neccessary. Lightsphere comes in handy to negate bonuses on the throne.

sUqQwvJ.png

I rescue staff Caeda to safety. Merric is the best.

pWDXpH4.pnghm24Wjx.pngscUteKY.png

Pass Feena the lifesphere and wall Vyland in at the bottom and he'll go for the unequipped Feena every time, who heals to full with lifesphere next turn!

XUzu8h0.png77HMPW8.png

Poor Xane is stuck so Caeda helps him out.

0pZX3sT.pngjEvlE8o.pngZHoi5TL.png03t0leQ.png

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the initial group Palla activated at the start of the map moves all the way round, which is actually super helpful in dealing with the boss area later on.

RtntBCY.png

I stalled until Vyland's Lance broke because I have enough fucking silvers as it is, and trying to make sure he isn't being a pain in the ass whilst running around attacking people is too much effort for a lazy player like me.

kLNAISy.pngW8PxGkd.pngU4ritR2.png

Everyone moves up, Sirius is ballista bait again. Palla kills 3 Pallies with the forge again.

zoP6yrE.png

Mopping up the other Paladins...Ogma is massively def blessed.

zq5CUIF.png

Everytime Sirius misses HP it really hurts. I might have to give him a robe or something, he has less fucking hp than Merric for god's sake. On the other hand, he proved he's a real member of the royal airforce by proccing res!

RpM6k7K.pngimhET3g.png

Pallies are dead so Marth gets to recruit Roshea in peace.

mWKbYGA.pngoTj914z.png

Then Roshea recruits Vyland in peace.

hJbrOe9.png

Some positioning later I get Marth to pop a save.

E5TpjkA.pngufBJ6uF.png9FeepFF.pngwUKnZlf.pnggI8QQkl.png

Vyland recruits Sedgar

DX9hNNT.pngjRsB9aK.pnguXLsa2Q.png

Starsphere Catria ORKO, then Ridersbane chain the rest of the Horsemen. Then Xane + Sedgar kill the last guy.

fJuF6qA.png

I wanted to give the Ballista kill to Draug but Ogma crit. Oh well.

kdubnS4.pngqlrXztT.png

Second save...pulled a horseman with Palla, Marth killed.

GqoNaD6.png0by8dvn.pngzzlU8iH.png

Killed a Ballista with Palla. Lured with Sirius. Wolf hits like a wet kitten.

nwsiD8X.pnggpAOxft.pngLjREh1l.png

I actually really enjoyed the recruitment chain for these guys, even if I'm not posting all the dialogue due to space constraints.

X8Wm0oz.png

Cap str come on, I know you want to.

Haza75I.png

I let Ogma whack the bishops for sword rank. Fliers kill the Ballista.

4eo3Prt.png

Marth seizes turn 52.

Ridiculous TC but to be fair about 20 of it was spent stalling Vyland's lance and then another bunch stalling lifesphere healing everyone before taking on Sedgar's horsemen.

2qmvVrK.pngS0HgXOk.pngnqeIde8.png

RIP Boah.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

Marth      Lord        26.70       44    21    00    23    24    26    16    02       B SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/13.82     53    30    02    21    28    16    16    00       A AXE (C BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/13.24     42    23    01    23    30    13    13    03       D SWORD A BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/13.95     50    24    01    26    29    20    18    03       C SWORD B BOW             WING
Sirius     Paladin    ??/15.20     40    23    01    25    24    13    21    07       A SWORD A LANCE (D AXE)
Palla      D.Knight   16/16.31     52    26    01    26    23    13    25    05       A LANCE E AXE (D SWORD)   ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/17.93     53    24    03    26    26    27    20    15       A LANCE C SWORD (B@SM)    DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/12.98     44    18    01    27    29    30    16    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/14.80     47    03    23    28    25    29    05    14       B TOME A STAFF            ROBE, DUST
Merric     Sage       18/12.26     48    03    19    23    25    21    10    12       B TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      30.00       36    20    00    25    25    30    10    01       E SWORD
Edited by Irysa

one would expect that IS would have put in some dumb requirement to prevent boah from dying as well, since they did it with every other character that was supposed to die or not exist.

Edited by dondon151

I want to say because Boah death is kinda important, and then I recalled that fucking asshole who doesn't die and shouldn't be named and that beautifully written ending
Edited by Anti-Fun