Most usable DLC character?

Magical Glace

Now obviously they aren't the greatest because they lack supports, but some are better than others. Unlike my previous thread about them, you're disregarding looks in favor of gameplay. Micaiah may yet be saved!

Compare them only to each other. Do not take the actual Awakening characters, especially children, into account.

Eligible criteria are what exclusive skills they have for their gender, availability, and stats.

Palla, given baseline Rally STR, add Spectrum, Speed, Mov, and Heart and you got a pretty strong Rallybot. Katarina also has Rally STR, but by the time you get her, you have already cleared apotheosis. Bonus for starting with Galeforce

During the main game, Micaiah and Prince Marth are absolutely ridiculous. Prince Marth can be obtained early, can use Lucina's Falchion, has Aptitude, a good sword rank and can be a cavalier, it explains itself. Micaiah can be obtained less early, but she can be a Dark Flier with nosferatu and that's also very scary.

oh yeah let's make everyone the exact fucking same unit

all the girls are DFs and all the guys are GKs

le sigh

But yeah CoY!Marth is super broken due to Aptitude

Est is too if you pull her out during an NG+, bah gawd dem skills

oh yeah let's make everyone the exact fucking same unit

all the girls are DFs and all the guys are GKs

le sigh

But yeah CoY!Marth is super broken due to Aptitude

Est is too if you pull her out during an NG+, bah gawd dem skills

Exclusive skills and mods change.

Terms of Combat:

Ike- Why? Aether.

This means he can run an Ae/L/I set and not give a damn. Need epic poke? There you go.

Secondary:

Roy- Why? Dual Strike+

This means Einherjar with 50+ Dual Strike%. [At full power an Ike/Roy pair could theoretically hit 68%, which is pretty damn good for Einherjar, and that's ignoring the fact that Ike would have 80 SKL to murder things with that Ae/L/I combo.]

[Also notable: Catria. Same thing. Although I'd rather use Roy since Berserker is a better supporting class.]

Supporting:
Katarina- Why? Prebuilt Rally Bot with Rally STR.

Not really that impressive since.... you still need two for the most part. And there's not much value in having "all the rallies", since Rally bots only Rally, which means the whole idea of "Female Rally Bot can be FK and use staves" is pointless.

Any of the females can do that whole Valkyrie with Move+1, Tomefaire, Acrobat combo for Staffbotting.

Honorable mention goes to Seliph for being a Galeforce dude and Celica for RK. Other than that, I agree with AC.

Why not add Astra to Ike for an even more epic poke?

Katarina also has Rally STR, but by the time you get her, you have already cleared apotheosis.

Or just use the logbook...?

Honorable mention goes to Seliph for being a Galeforce dude and Celica for RK. Other than that, I agree with AC.

Why not add Astra to Ike for an even more epic poke?

Or just use the logbook...?

Because at that point, a faire would be stronger.

Although if you're at full power (Limit Breaker AND Rallies) Astra would be a better choice than Ignis.

(101 ATK with Ike as a Sniper with Brave Bow, 'zerker Pair Up at full power: Ae/As/L/Agg/Limit; Has 75 SKL; Target is Anna.)

23 Base (9.9225%)

37 Luna (29.7675%)

(36 Ignis if you're wondering)

55 Astra (23.31%)

60 Aether (37%)

96.6333 Average Damage.

Death Trigger Rates [99+ Damage]:

Aether-Aether: 13.69%

Aether-Astra: 8.6247%

Astra-Aether: 8.6247%

Astra-Astra: 5.433561%

Practically a 36.372961% "Lethality" chance. On Anna.

Although, at full power I wouldn't bother with Einherjar, really.

Extra Ae/L/I sniper is great for low-power where poke is more valued [And Astra is really bad at low power]

To me, I consider Ephraim to be a pretty good tank unit, namely with Aegis, Pavise, Conquest, Res+10, and Limit Breaker. Granted, his res still sucks at 47, but it's still pretty decent, in my opinion.

To me, I consider Ephraim to be a pretty good tank unit, namely with Aegis, Pavise, Conquest, Res+10, and Limit Breaker. Granted, his res still sucks at 47, but it's still pretty decent, in my opinion.

Eph (i think spotpass eph) has RFK, so auto /good

No one uses effective weapons in game so conquest is pretty stinky

Edited by The Protown SK

Eph (i think spotpass eph) has RFK, so auto /good

No one uses effective weapons in game so conquest is pretty stinky

That is true...although I still like the set up regardless. If anything, you can swap out to All Stats+2 or another ability that aids in him being a tank.

There are tons of forged effectives in Lunatic(+), moreso on their risen.

Oh. Well, that's handy. I've yet to even play Hard Mode. Mostly just grinding for supports and grinding my DLC units.

Yeah, 17mt beastkillers are not something you want to be weak to. Get hit by a GK with one of those and capped str (more common than you'd prefer), 101 atk incoming... If he procs Luna, you're doomed. It might even be an OHKO.

I tried several of them for giggles. I really liked Leif (roaming staffbot that likes being on the frontlines? SURE!) and Marth (reclass him stat and watch him roam with a giant PRF sword that never breaks).

I wonder how Roy and Elincia would work as a pair? Dammit. . .I now have an awful idea. . .

I tried several of them for giggles. I really liked Leif (roaming staffbot that likes being on the frontlines? SURE!) and Marth (reclass him stat and watch him roam with a giant PRF sword that never breaks).I wonder how Roy and Elincia would work as a pair? Dammit. . .I now have an awful idea. . .

Well Roy has Dual Strike + and Elinica can learn Galeforce. Potentially 1 turn Sol and Galeforce combo?

For myself:

(Girls)

Micaiah, Katarina --- They helped the LTCs a lot, though a shadowgift unit is not a necessary one in all stages' LTC except in Future Past 2.

Palla --- Made her a rally bot or a Kamikaze unit in StreetPass.

Other girls except Est --- Made them Nostanks because Galeforced Slime is the key to perform many stages' LTC. They can be changed to any other class when they are needed to.

Est --- Don't know how to use her. Any advice?

(Guys)

Seliph --- Made him a Nostank because his Aggressor provides a higher Slime power. He can be changed to any other class when he is needed to.

Other guys --- Not trained.

Edited by MelonGx

Yeah, 17mt beastkillers are not something you want to be weak to. Get hit by a GK with one of those and capped str (more common than you'd prefer), 101 atk incoming... If he procs Luna, you're doomed. It might even be an OHKO.

Ephraim [GK] (No pair) with capped DEF vs. 17 mt Beast Killer Hawkeye Luna+ Enemy GK.

101 - [50/2] = 101 - 25 = 76 damage inc.

Same check vs Hammertime General.

50 STR + 54 Weapon + 1 WRB = 105 ATK.

80 Damage. Tonic'd it doesn't kill.

Axefaire Hammertime Zerker can kill. It'd require that there's no pairup and no DEF Tonic. [DEF tonic = 84 damage. With a minimum capped pairup [2] and a tonic 83 damage]

Now there's a couple angry things with forged Beastkillers in Apo:

The Soldiers.

65 STR + 51 Weapon + 2 WRB = 118 ATK. But they don't have Luna(+) to menace you. [They have Vengeance... and Sol.]

1 Falcoknight:

58 STR + 51 Weapon + 2 WRB +['27' Ignis (95%)] = 138 ATK

Any (capped) Pair up and a DEF tonic puts you at a minimum of 54 DEF: 84 Damage.

Edited by Airship Canon